Motel 6 Marion
Motel 6 Marion
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have been staying here off and on since March, 2013 while completing a construction project. I find the value great, the rooms clean, the housekeeping excellent and the overall experience has been excellent. The owner, Anil, has made this a very good and accommodating stay. The rooms are set up as expected and very well maintained. Everything works! You can tell the pride of ownership from the care and maintenance of the facility. A great improvement over the previous owners. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good hotel at a reasonable price. The pool is very clean and has a grill if you want to cook out. The parking lot is very well lit. There is no noise from the airport like many airport hotels. Great stay and thankful I found it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter but sleeping on the highway side is fine with the fan on too. I...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
ANIL L, Manager at Motel 6 Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us

Reviewed 22 July 2013

we had a king room that was very roomy and clean it served our needs during the week my son graduated from college we were on the second floor faceing hwt 13 but room was very quiet. the breakfast wasnt all that, but we didnt plan on haveing it with all the neet dinners in the area that do such good country breakfasts the pool was not open for the season (it is outdoors) but we have stayed here in mid summer when it was in service and it was very clean and relaxing very good value

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Ran out of toilet paper the last night. Sent my son down to front desk, owner told him there isn't anymore. Husband went down to desk and got grief! Owner even looked up our receipt after asking how many nights we paid for. My husband had been saying here for over a month on business. If you want to be respected as a human being....don't stay here!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank wellsclan82
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The owner is very rude and unfriendly. The cereal at breakfast was stale. No water in the pool. The first floor smelled like dirty diapers. The front desk clerk did not greet instead made me wait 10 min untill he was done doing whatever it was he was doing before helping me. Stayed here last year and it was the same thing. Will never stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jmick82
ANIL L, Manager at Motel 6 Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

this property have seasonal pool , your visit was may 21 2013, that time pool is closed . issue invite other issue . you right . we apologies . we look for your business and will try to do more for you.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I'm on the road quite a bit and have stayed at some great places and some not so great. I stopped at the Airport Inn and was greeted by the manager. He was very polite and explained how he is improving the place everyday. The hotel is quiet and clean. If I am passing through the area again, I'll be sure to stay here. Good value, good place to stay.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We travel a good bit and rely on Expedia for most of our hotel bookings. We have never had a problem until we stayed here. We reserved a room for four, two adults and two kids with what was to be two queen beds. When we arrived I was greeted by the clerk who was on the phone, he did ask if I minded, and seemed competent, but that changed. I got our room, was charged, and headed out to the family. The wife was concerned that Expedia had charged us and went in to talk to the clerk. She said he was very rude to her.
When we entered the room we realized the beds looked small. We usually sleep in a queen size bed and are aware of the dimensions. The wife called Expedia and I got the kids settled in. The charge at the hotel was the only one, so that was good, but the clerk insisted to Expedia that the beds were queen. The tag on the mattress says differently. Also, I was asked on arrival how many would be in the room and not offered any additional towels. There is only two in the room. You'd think that calling ahead for a reservation that you would at least get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Clyde4410
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Well I was in a non smoking room, which was obvious an old smoking room. Service wasn't bad but the hotel itself needs a major renovation! Flat screen tvs but bad resolution, should have just kept the tube tvs.. Anywho not worth the rate.. Look else where if you can... Marion has a few hotels!

• Stayed: September 2012