“Stop over on the way home from Spring Break”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were on our way back to Wisconsin from Orlando and had preplanned to stop over in southern Illinois. I chose HIE Marion after reading all the positive reviews. I was very pleased with the experience. I found this location was very new, spotlessly clean, and ultra modern. The parking was ample and well lit. The front desk was staffed with ample people so I did not have to wait. Josh was very courteous at check in and found my reservation immediately. He even called our room to ensure all was in order a few minutes later. It seems like a little thing, but they have really nice luggage carts to use.
The room was smaller but very well designed for efficiency. The beds were two full sized with 4 pillows each. Each bed had a lamp plus a little bendable reading lamp.The fridge and micro was hidden in a cabinet. TV looked to be a wall mounted 32 inch HD and was good. Channel selection was also good.
If I had been a business traveler I would have been impressed with work station in room with good wifi and a LAN cable. Also had a business room downstairs.

Breakfast was free and hot in the morning. Didn't use the pool. I would definitely stay here again! Great job staff!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for all your great comments regarding your recent stay with us! I have shared your comments with Josh and the rest of the staff as well. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my three children while traveling through. We were exhausted and where we would have usually stayed was booked up - the front desk at that hotel recommended this hotel. I took a chance and was pleasantly surprised! The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and had Disney Junior on the television. The breakfast was pretty standard. We would absolutely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us! We are glad you decided to give us a try and hopefully we exceeded all of your expectations! Your business is very important to us, so next time you are in the area please visit us again!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

we spent one night at this hotel on March 21, enroute from Alabama to visit family in the Chicago area. The location is right off the interstate - easy off and on, although they are working on the roads at and near the exit. Although we arrived a little later than expected due to a traffic accident on I-24 in Tennessee, we found that the staff had everything ready for us to check-in with ease. There were a couple of sports teams staying in the motel but the room was quiet, clean, and well-equipped except that there were no blankets. A call to the front desk and an attendant quickly delivered two blankets.
The breakfast was good - probably the best crispy bacon I've even had in a motel-type breakfast line and the eggs were tasty too. The room was a little pricey, but I always opt for a clean, nice place to lay my head rather than try to squeeze out a few extra bucks. Not a lot of restaurants that I saw right around the motel, but we did not need find one either.
Very nice and courteous staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on your recent stay! I am glad you found everything to be to your satisfaction. We value all of our guests feedback and if there is anything we can do to make your stay any better please let us know. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My daughter had her birthday sleepover at this hotel. The suite was set up perfectly for 5 tween girls to hang out. They had a great time in the pool.

A couple of observations...there are no food vending machines, only soda. They have a "market" but it is very expensive, which is normal. Also, our room was over the pool and when I was in there I could hear my girls screaming and giggling in the pool. So if you do not want to hear people swimming ask for a suite away from the pool.

The staff were friendly and helpful with any request we had of them. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: For a quiet room on the second floor I would stay at the opposite end from the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank slccH2010
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your review on your stay with us. We are glad you stayed with us. I am very sorry you felt the market store at our front desk was a little over priced. We try to price things comparable to what one would pay at most stores in the area(Sodas -$1.50, Chips-$1.25, Candy Bar-$1.00). Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We rolled in for an overnight driving through stay. We drove up, no reservation. The staff was amazing! They asked all the right questions to ensure we got the family suite with roll away we needed. They brought up extra blankets and pillows with the roll away (which arrived within 10 minutes of us getting in our room) without having to be asked. While dropping off they roll away they made sure we had enough towels, drinking cups, etc for our stay. Hands down best service experience we have ever had. Room was clean, breakfast was the Holiday Inn normal (something for everyone), beds comfortable, safe neighborhood. We have bookmarked it for the next time we need a hotel in this area while traveling.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Womanofsalt
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thanks for your great review! All of our employees share one common goal at our hotel....to make sure every guest is 100% satisfied with their stay! Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This was a rewards stay and we got upgraded, very rare, to a really nice room. For the parking lot through out the building, everything was in great shape. Good staff, very good breakfast. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JimVH
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us! We really appreciate everything you had to say about your visit to our hotel. We always share these wonderful comments with all of our staff to show them that their hard work really shows. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

From the moment you walk in the door you feel at home. The people at the desk were so friendly and greeted you with a smile. They were quick to answer any questions you may have. The room was very nice and the beds were very comfortable. The whole staff seemed friendly. The breakfast in the morning was good. The morning staff was also friendly. When we head home from our vacation we are thinking about staying there again!

Room Tip: The beds were very comfortable and it's not too far off the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thanks for all the wonderful comments concerning your stay! Thanks again for staying with us and hopefully you will stay with us on your way from your vacation!