“Always dependable”

Cuisines: American
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Your typical Cracker Barrel. But like most I have been to, very dependable for a home style cooked meal. Service was good and everyone was friendly. It was nice having it next to the best western I stayed at.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife had the Fried Chicken Tenderloin Country Dinner Plate and I had the Country Fried Shrimp Platter. We both had Sweet Whole Baby Carrots and Fried Apples. All was excelllent.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Your typical Cracker Barrel establishment. Fun to play games while waiting for your food. I always enjoying shopping afterwards in the gift shop. Had the Pork Chops with a Baked Potato and Garden Salad. Good dinner, good price. Wasn't super busy so food came out quickly.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The Marion Cracker Barrel is like most other Cracker Barrels. One can depend on finding the kind of food one is expecting. The food was good, the service good and the price was right.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I live in the area where this Cracker Barrel is located, so we have visited the restaurant quite often. It used to be a favorite place to eat, but the quality of service and food has declined to the point that I don't think we will eat there again. We arrived for dinner at 7:15 on July 18th, were greeted and led to a table by the hostess. EVERY unoccupied table in the entire section was dirty! I can understand a few dirty tables from guests who had just departed, but every table?! The hostess apologized, asked us to wait a moment while she grabbed a rag to clean the table and then seated us. She said they had a big rush and then it was time for most of the employees to go home so they were left with a mess. Not the first impression a restaurant should give to diners. A rather impatient, unsmiling waitress took our order and we waited for our food. The waitress returned to our table only one time during our dinner to ask my husband if he wanted a drink refill and when he said, "No thank you", she slapped the bill down on the table and walked away. Neither of our dinners were up to Cracker Barrel standards; cold French fries, lukewarm meatloaf and green beans. The manager on duty walked through the dining area several times while we were eating, but he never stopped to speak to customers, inquire about their meals and service, nor did he help to clean the many tables that were still dirty. When we went to pay our bill, there was one cashier working and a line of people waiting. The manager came to open the other register but he had to have the assistance of the only cashier, so he was essentially no help. This particular Cracker Barrel seems to be resting on past laurels and may feel invincible because of its close proximity to the interstate, but its reputation is going to be damaged with travelers and locals like us will desert it in droves unless some positive changes are made to this restaurant.

1  Thank cubfan44

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!