“Average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Hernando, Mississippi
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a one night stay while traveling. It isn't fancy and needs to be updated but room was clean and beds were comfy. We were only there for a few hours so it was ok. The only bad thing was the heater in our room wouldn't automatically turn off so I woke up sweating and has to turn it off.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Bigdaddy71100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Marshalltown, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

As bad as the reviews are for this hotel, we had no issues with the one night we spent here. WiFi was strong and that was about all we needed besides the bed. Slept well and had a bite of the free breakfast before hitting the road the next morning,.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kpsiemsen
Fayetteville, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The lobby was very dirty which made a bad first impression. The rooms need upgrading. The TV needed two remotes to operate which was very confusing. The Heat/Air unit needed cleaning badly. Bathroom was clean. Room was clean but furniture was mismatched with some of it being newer than other pieces and in better shape than other pieces. We could hear other people through the walls from the next rooms. The breakfast was average for this type of accommodations. The breakfast room was bright and attempts made to make it look nice. And although other reviews we read about the staff said they weren't friendly, we found it to be the opposite. All the people we encountered working there were very friendly. We were surprised that the outside doors to the hallways were not secured. We didn't feel that was very safe since anybody could walk in without having to use key access.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Marion hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I read all the reviews of Econo Lodge before going there this weekend. It is so hard to judge because reviews are so different. I would not stay there again. You get what you pay for! It is very run down. It wasn't filthy like one reviewer said but it wasn't the cleanest either. They had all the exterior doors open because I guess the air conditioning didn't work or they didn't want to pay the bill. We got back to the hotel after midnight and all the exterior doors were unlocked( scarey) The bed wasn't too bad, luckily I was very tired so I slept ok. The owners have their vehicles parked under the covered entrance( probably afraid they would get stolen from the back parking lot)

Room Tip: Other side of the highway
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Saint Charles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I would give this property a zero if I could. Absolutely disgusting. Do not stay here. On the receipt you sign if you are in the room longer than 10 minutes there is no money refunded. I wasted over 150 on two rooms and was not there for even an hour. My internet did not work at all.When I called and before I checked in I was told that all the rooms had working Wi-Fi. They kept insisting since the guy across the hall could use his Wi-Fi it must be my computer issue with their router. My computer is not the issue. I have a brand new HP (and obviously I am writing this review after leaving the property). Management was rude and refused to issue a refund. Take your money somewhere else that does not have endtables and linens out in the hallway with an industrial fan. Urine soaked pet rooms and ripped carpeting. There are much better choices in Marion. Avoid this establishment at all costs. I wish I would have listened to the other reviews.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. I would write this in all caps if I could.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We wanted to stay in the area so we could bike the Tunnel Hill Bike Trail and visit Giant City State Park. Since it was a holiday week end we were somewhat limited in what was available so we took a chance on the Econo Lodge. Our room was clean, large, and had a comfortable bed. The continental breakfast included make-your-own waffles and enough other choices to rate it above most other continental breakfasts. The pool was clean and very refreshing after long days of biking and hiking. We will definitely consider staying here again if we go back to the area. The front desk was always responsive to our requests and check in was super speedy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate N
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

It was decent for a night sleep, but for the room I got I think it was overpriced for what it was. I could hardly understand the guy at the front desk and no he wasnt a foreignor,he never smiled and the breakfast was very limited. I'm used to the donut and muffin breakfast but all there was, was cereal, bananas and donut holes. It wasn't awful but I wouldn't pay $60 for this place. The best part was location off interstate.

• Stayed June 2013