“Great for the Value”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Bourbonnais, Illinois
“Great for the Value”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My fiance and I stayed here on our way to Nashville. For the money, it was a great value. Staff was friendly, bed was comfortable and it was fairly clean. The free breakfast was better than most in similar hotels I have stayed at recently.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Commerce Twp, MI, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Visiting our daughter @ SIU. It's a ways away from Carbondale but not bad. (I've found that the hotels in Carbondale are pricier for the same amenities or pretty crumby. Not much in the middle.) This hotel has a nice pool/spa area, a very acceptable breakfast and the staff was attentive and friendly. It's a good value and I plan on staying there in the future when we visit.

Burlington, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Dusty wall units, mildewed rugs and older hard beds were our constant companions during our 3 night (non-cancelling reservation via Expedia) stay! The on-line photos looked nice so I choose this hotel over others. We had to sleep with the window open (all 3" allowed), bath fan on and towel blocking the mildew from the hall at the bottom door opening. I slept with a pillow under my waist to try to stop my back from hurting as I slept on my side. People there were pretty nice. It's not their fault owners can't afford even a foam topper for their last century beds.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mwailgm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Marion Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
We would like to apologize for these problems concerning your stay with us. We strive to provide the best accommodations for our guests. These issues will/have been be addressed.
Granite City, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I would recommend staying at the Best Western. For the price - the accommodations and breakfast is well worth the money. The swimming pool and hot tub area are always clean and have towels for your availablity.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mwailgm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Marion Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We hope you will stay with us again.
AURORA, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Poor service at front desk by Andrew, AC system too loud and did not work properly! Staff dfid not explain amenities to us, as they were too busy conversating together and not helping customer. We had to inquire about amenities! Poor

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I sincerely apologize for the service you received at our hotel. This will be addressed properly.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My stay was the last of a long driving trip, and this property was one of the best values. I booked on the Best Western web site and got a better price than the other sites I checked. The motel itself is a little dated, but don't be misled when you check in. The rooms themselves have been updated and are very comfortable. There are lots of restaurant choices within two or three miles. This motel is a good overnight place for a driving trip and serves a good hot breakfast with the usual choices.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank drivinexplorer
Thank you for staying with us, we know you have many options in the area.
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 September 2013

First of all, this is a remodeled hotel. I typically steer clear of remodeled hotels, but I missed that criteria when I booked. That being said...They have really done a GREAT job remodeling this hotel. My kids were trying to figure out (based on appearance, furniture, etc.) whether it was a new or remodeled facility and they were have a tough time discerning!) I was impressed with several "little things." First, I believe I dealt with Angie when I called for a reservation, she also checked me in and helped me later that night. She was so sweet, so service was wonderful. In the room they have the remote sitting on a little stand to promote how they wipe the remotes for cleanliness (never saw this before!), they have a dvd player in the room as well as a selection of dvds in the lobby for you to choose from. I believe this service is complimentary, but I'm not sure. There were USA Today's for the taking. The hot tub in the pool are was actually VERY WARM to HOT! The bathroom is probably a little small, but plenty of room between bathroom and vanity for me and my children to prepare for the day. The two issues we had were 1) the toilet backed up as soon as we arrived in the room. It would drain slowly, but we dealt with that all night. Not a HUGE deal as it would drain...just slowly. It finally cleared itself late the next morning. 2) When I pulled the covers down on our king bed, I noticed a stain near the pillows and several various sized hairs. (UGH!) I went to the front desk to ask for clean sheets, and Angie was super nice to help me out. I changed EVERYTHING...sheets, pillow cases, comforter...and we slept very well. When changing the bed...I noticed that the floor wasn't quite as clean as I initially thought. So, cleanliness was kind of my deciding factor to rate this hotel "avg." Service, amenities, sleep quality, and price were all GREAT.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the front face the interstate, so they might be a little noisier? There are a few roo...