“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Marion Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Marion
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night and was extremely pleased that we did!! Very clean, the hotel check-in was easy and friendly. We requested a quiet room, as we'd been traveling most of the day and were tired. I think we had the 3rd floor to ourselves!! The rooms were wonderful and the bed comfortable!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Priceline a room for 2.5 stars and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Very clean , nice large rooms . Hotel had a pool and spa , and the staff was fantastic. 1 exit off the main restaurant row but price well worth the extra mile. Close to the highway but still quiet enough for sleep

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

From the lobby to the rooms, this hotel was clean & comfortable. I would definitely stay there again and/or suggest it to a friend. Best Western did something right when they offered their "Plus" hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Eugene, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

One thing is for certain; when I walk in to a Best Western Hotel, I know I can relax and enjoy myself. The staff at these hotels really seem to care about how I feel and wanting to make me smile- friendly and caring goes a long way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Marion, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband & I came to this hotel to celebrate 11 years of marriage. My first room I was assigned was a queen & had an odor & was very small which I thought was a bit pricey.So I requested another room. The front desk employee had said that he only had a double room & it would cost more money. I tried to get a king room, but was told that there were none available & the hotel was pretty empty on a Sunday. Well my double room had no coffee besides decaffe & my husband went to the front desk & was told that he would try to find some regular. Besides that the coffee maker looked as it had not been cleaned in ages. Where you put the water, had brown stains all over & the pot itself was stained. I ended up scrubbing it out myself & After 20 minutes of waiting to hear back from the front desk for coffee, I had my husband call & say that we decided to get some at the nearest gas station. The front desk employee then said he would make some & it would be ready in 15 minutes. The sheets on both beds appeared to not have been changed & just remade, due to hairs & two stains. The bathroom floor had a few pubic hairs that I cleaned up myself & I didn't take a shower due to hair & dirt in the bathtub. I just believe that we should have been treated better as guests & should have received a clean & tidy room. It was depressing due to it being our anniversary & we don't get out much due to having two toddlers.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Mary A
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed four days renting two rooms for the family. Every thing a hotel should be. Very clean all over. Warm clean pool. Excellent staff . Went above and beyond without asking. All for less than a similar hotels. Great value. Only negative was the fridge in the room did not get as cold as it should have.Did not use much so no biggie. .. I like my bed softer than most folks do just my personal choice again, would not keep me away. Will be staying again next time in the area. Wish all Best Westerns were like this one. It had the right combo for us.

West Point, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Traveled to So. Illinois for a funeral. Half the family stayed at Quality Inn in Carbondale (closer to family), the other half at the Best Western in Marion. The reviews for QI were not good and unfortunately, our family found the reviews to be true. We are so thankful we stayed at the Best Western - the rooms were clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. Can't go wrong staying here.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mwailgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Marion Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.