“I'll be back!”
Review of Comfort Inn Marion

Comfort Inn Marion
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at another nearby motel in Marion a week or so earlier in March and were pleased to write a good review of that place. This week (April 5) I had to make another solo trip from Alabama to Chicago and decided to try the Comfort Inn, primarily because of the TripAdvisor reviews. I must say I too was impressed by all the things others have mentioned. The folks are friendly, the place is spotless. The rooms are well-equipped, both soft and firm pillows as others have mentioned. Breakfast was good. I heard several guests called by name as they departed and several remarked that they would "see you in a few weeks" or something to indicate that they plan to be back. I'm thinking in terms of Marion, IL, I might make this my regular stopping point between Alabama and Chicago. Unlike my first stay, this time I was looking for a good meal and I discovered quite a few really nice places within a few blocks...McAlister Deli, Red Lobster, O'Charleys, Steak-N-Shake, Bob Evans, several local restaurants as well, and there's a shopping center within a few blocks. It's obvious this staff goes out of their way to make their guests feel welcome and to see that they enjoy their stay. I'll be back! Not a thing wrong with the nearby Holiday Inn Express, but for the money, I think Comfort Inn beat 'em a bit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Tricia H, Manager at Comfort Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Wow, what a compliment! Thank you so much! We love our jobs, and truly have a heart for others. Our favorite part of our job is actually talking and getting to know everyone. Your kind remarks and recognition are truly valued by the entire team, and are an inspiration to continue striving for excellence in everything we do. We look forward to being your home away from home!

Tricia H. - GM

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was at this Comfort Inn for 3 nights. I loved this hotel. the staff was fantastic. Brenda, the night desk clerk was so nice, greeting me in the early morning hours, I really enjoyed chatting with her. My room was exceptionally clean and shiny and the bed was the best! lots of pillows, some soft and some firm. it was perfect. I normally do not sleep well in a hotel, but I did here. Breakfast was better than most. lots of choices including eggs and bacon or sausage and fresh donuts delivered each morning. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this hotel. It's the best one in Marion!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for all of your compliments!! We all love what we do and we all work hard in hopes that all of our guests feel the way that you do. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our choice of soft or firm pillows, as well as the breakfast we provide! Your patronage is highly valued, and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you through Marion!

Tricia H. - GM

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for a night while traveling on I-57. Was not our first choice but other hotels were full. Comfortable and quiet room, friendly staff, breakfast and wifi included, convenient location. Many nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Tricia H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review!! We realize that there are many hotel choices in the Marion area and that we weren't your first choice, but we are thrilled that you chose to stay with us! We are also pleased that we were able to meet your expectations for accommodations and look forward to being your first choice the next time you come through the Southern Illinois area!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Hotel is as good as the reviews. My room was comfortable and VERY CLEAN. I was able to easily connect to the wifi, and the shower had good water pressure. The staff was very polite and I had a quick, efficient and peaceful stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Tricia H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! The staff will be pleased to hear that their hard work isn't going unnoticed. Your kind remarks and recognition are truly valued by the entire team and area an inspiration to continue striving for excellence in everything we do. I am please to hear that you were able to easily access some of our included amenities like our Wi-Fi. Thank you for deciding to make our hotel your Marion home away from home! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is very nice and clean. It is a little hard to find. It is right behind a Harley shop. The bed was comfortable. The shower was nice. The free breakfast was great with meat, eggs, donuts, coffee, juice, waffles, yogurt, etc. I highly recommend this hotel as I was very pleased.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tricia H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We know our guests have busy schedules with their travels, so it means a great deal! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and enjoyed the variety we offer on our breakfast bar! We are, unfortunately, not the easiest hotel to find; however we do have plans in the works to hopefully make that a little bit easier for our guests! We look forward to serving you again the next time you come through Southern Illinois!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel was very nice. Beds are comfortable and the room was very clean. The breakfast was very good and there was alot to choose from, egges, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, waffles, yogurt, fruit, danishes, cereal, juice, milk, coffee, etc. Very close to walmart and other stores.Customer service was excellant. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We greatly appreciate it! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy the variety of options we provide on our breakfast bar! We look forward to welcoming you back into comfort, the next time your travels bring you through Southern Illinois!

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is as good as the review say!

Friendly staff, comfy beds, new building, good hot breakfast.

Very clean. ...............................................................................................................

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay while here in Marion! Our service team works very hard in hopes to make each and every guest feel the same way you do! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We look forward to having you again the next time you come through the Southern Illinois area!