“Good thin crust”
Review of Mackie's Pizza

Mackie's Pizza
Ranked #19 of 97 Restaurants in Marion
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were directed to this restaurant by a clerk when shopping at Dillard's in the mall. She said good thin pizza, she was right. My husband likes thin crust but it is usually not my thing. This thin crust is quite different and delicious. We ordered the Marion Special, it was very good with fresh ingredients. I wish we would have tried the pizza with the apple slices too. The server suggested it as one of their most liked. We did not have to wait to be seated but it was getting late in the evening, about 8:00pm. The pizza comes sliced in small squares, no plates or silverware really needed. We took some to go and ate it cold on the road the next day, good too. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Wife and I were hungry before shopping at Sam's after state high school track meet. Instead of hitting fast food chains, we found this restaurant amongst the construction at I 57 and hiway 13. Menu was primarily thin crust pizza but all options were available. We added the sweet red pizza sauce at the suggestion of the waitress. Apparently this restaurant was a locals favorite in that there were several faculty from John A Logan college eating there (and enjoying it!). Add a couple cold beers--great lunch. Friendly, good service, casual (but not too casual) atmosphere. Same price as a chain pizza place. Large pizza was LARGE. ("Go box" size) We're going back when in the area.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Be sure to try their sweeter sauce. My favorite is the breadsticks and sweet pizza sauce. John also makes a great BLT pizza. Salad is out of this world, and the portions are generous so get the smaller size. Prices are ok too.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My friends and I go to Mackie's quite often for lunch. They offer an 8" one-topping pizza, a great salad and a drink for $6.99. I really like thin crust pizza and theirs is really thin. You can get other toppings added to the pizza for an additional charge of 30 cents per topping. The salad is excellent with the best poppy seed dressing I've ever had! The staff is always very efficient and friendly. Make sure you make a trip to the women's restroom as it is beautiful. The restaurant is very clean and the fireplace makes it a very cozy place to relax and enjoy a pleasant lunch.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I love thin crust pizza and this place has it. The pizza crust is very thin. The restaurant is very nice. I have always had good service from the wait staff. I see some reviews about the dipping sauce. I like it because it has a bit of sweet taste to it. I live an one hour drive from Mackies, but, think it is worth the drive to get their pizza. They have a "half baked" pizza that you can bring home with you and finish it yourself. This is handy for the obvious reason. The pizza here has its own taste and is nothing like the chain pizzas.

Been to Mackie's Pizza? Share your experiences!