“Can't wait to go back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marion
Olde Squat Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Marion B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We 4 sisters really enjoyed our stay in the Oxford Trot. Welcomed by Katy when we first arrived with a box full of fresh picked tomatoes and peppers, our hosts,Katy and Jim could not have been more accommodating. Breakfasts were delicious and the grounds are so beautiful and peaceful. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank aunttripplanner

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have stayed here many times with my two large breed dogs and I could not ask for more. The owners are wonderful and have several lab mixes of their own. Our dogs enjoyed off leash freedom to roam and a great swim in the lake. The owners themselves are amazing host. They allowed us to pick dinner from the garden, lent us fishing poles, and even a grill to cook the whole thing on!! And don't even get me started on the breakfast...WOW!! Wish I could cook like that. Well worth the drive and the price is good too!

Room Tip: Get one of the newer cabin if they have it open.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sam61554
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My sister and I stay at cabins alot and have never had this experience. Pictures are not deceiving, but the cabin we were in was dangerous to say the least. Electrical wiring exposed, not safe for children. Leak under kitchen sink. Bathroom was very dirty and shower had old spoiled rag still in it when we arrived. We did expect rustic, but nice. Towels were old, thin and very used hotel towels. Dishes not clean. Sheets did not fit the bed and kept coming off during the one night that we stayed. I requested my money back for the second night. The owner was not happy about us leaving and threw the money on the table in front of us. We were honest about the conditions, but he did not agree. He had already spent some of the money that I gave him so I was short on my refund. Overall, would not recommend.
SC resident.

Room Tip: Beautiful property, but cabins need alot of work! Find another location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Tam50
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I visited the Olde Squat Inn for a mother-daughter weekend getaway. We stayed in the lovely church cabin. The quiet, peaceful seclusion was exactly what we needed. We enjoyed sitting by the fire and simply spending time together. Jim even brought us a puzzle to work on. We also enjoyed the quick drive over to Marion to do a little antiquing during the day. Jim and Katy were so kind, even bringing by some sweet homemade treats! We felt so welcomed and appreciated the hospitality this wonderful couple showed. If you're looking for somewhere to unwind and unplug, this is definitely the place! This was our first stay, but it most certainly won't be our last!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jami G
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The Old Squat Inn offers beautiful hand-crafted log cabin rentals in scenic Southern Illinois. Our cabin intertwined modern conveniences with a vintage touch. Surrounded by logs dating from the 1850's, we couldn't help but speculate as to what these walls had seen. The elegant simplicity created the perfect environment for our getaway. The fun, friendly, and flexible owners make this Inn a jewel. We have already returned once since our initial stay and can't wait to return again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick3205
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My husband and I have stayed at over 20 cabins around the country. Most are modern and beautifully decorated with rustic accessories that are easily found at many modern gift shops. The Old Squat Inn, however, is a collection of true 1800s cabins, decorated with authentic, antique goodies, inside and out, that take you back to a simpler time. We loved it! These are not for everyone. If you can't handle some dirt and dust, you would not be comfortable here. But if you like history, and really want to sit in an authentic 1840 cabin and try to imagine who built it, who lived in it, where they came from, the hardships they endured, how they survived... This is it. We did not get to meet Katy, but Jim was such a kind host, showing us all around, and so proud of all he has accomplished with this dream of his. He reminded me of my own stepdad, who also was from southern Illinois, and like Jim, was a do-it-yourselfer, who made things work, even if it wasn't perfect. It was called being resourceful, and Jim is a champion at that! The crunchy towels reminded me of my childhood, growing up on a farm, and always line drying laundry which does not lend itself to soft fluffy towels, but that is all part of country living. We really admire all Jim has done and continues to do on what little income he gets from this business. He is charming and kind and we hope more people will give this place a try, knowing it's not the fancy, new cabins available elsewhere, but offers an appreciation for the past found nowhere else. Great breakfast too!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alongtheroad
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We (a german family) were staying 6 days in "Uncle Jims" Old Squat Inn and we love it.
Our children come back to the ground. After some days they are really happy children.
The cabins are wonderfull and the breakfast is unbelievable. So much things and homemade.
Applecake, muffins, pancake, eggsoufle, potatoes with ham and and and ...
Katy make it delicious every day. The people there are so friendly.
I get homesick when we have to leave.
We will come back next year.
Hella Klinge and family

Room Tip: I think every Cabin is good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family