“Horrible service, does not understand the work GUARANTEED”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Marion

Super 8 Marion
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Marion
“Horrible service, does not understand the work GUARANTEED”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I booked a room at this hotel six weeks in advance of our trip. My reservation was for a king room, reservation guaranteed. We arrived at this hotel, and the night clerk informed me that he had switched my room out with someone else's and that we would instead be staying in a room with a full bed. When I explained that the room I booked was guaranteed and that I had the paperwork to prove it, he told me that I was "lucky" to even be getting the room I was getting. Yes, I was so "lucky" to be receiving a room sub par to the one I reserved weeks in advance. None of the other near by hotels had rooms, so we were forced to stay here.

When checking out in the morning I attempted to explain my displeasure to the morning clerk. She informed me that because I booked online they did not have to honor the guaranteed room. She then insisted on charging me the same price I paid for a KING room, she said that because I booked so early I was given an early booking discount and that the discount made the discounted king room the same price as a full size room and that since they changed me from a king to a full on the day of check-in that I lost any early booking discount. Funny thing is my bill still said King room on it and I could see where they had scribbled out the room number I should have had and written in the new room number.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank d14n4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Vienna, Ill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a newly redecorated motel. There is still some work in progress. Our room was clean, had new carpet and bathroom fixtures. We have a small dog, there is a moderate fee of $10. If you want a nice place to sleep, nothing fancy at a good price this is it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Marion
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Just needed a no frills place to sleep on the road. With a 20% off coupon, it wasn't a big rip off. Note there is no elevator, and it's kind of a split entry, so stairs for either floor. As a disabled person, this was an inconvenience. Glad I had no real luggage or wheelchair need. Breakfast was sparse, but clean. Room was not gross.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo