“1st stay at Drury - My new favorite!”
Review of Drury Inn Marion

Drury Inn Marion
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Saint Louis, Missouri
“1st stay at Drury - My new favorite!”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I decided to try Drury Inn because I found a discount online and was delighted. Super clean, tasteful decor, excellent service. No extra charge for pets. Good breakfast. I wasn't there in time for the evening snack bar, but what a great perk. Drury is clearly committed to going above and beyond comparably priced chains. And they succeed!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lincoln, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2011

After turning our bed down for the night we found a large yellow (urine?) mark on the under side of the bedspread...a closer inspection of the bed turned up a USED bandaid between the sheets. We then checked the rool away bed...its sheets were also dirty. Night desk clerk brought up clean bedding and a new roll away. Said they would "take care of IT in the morning". We didn 't get a bill under our door the next day...I thought that was "taking care of it." Got home checked my debit card...I was charged for the room. Called got the run around...finally got one nights stay taken off our bill.
We have stayed many times before but NEVER again! When I called I got the impression this happens there ALOT!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank kmoore224
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn Marion, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
We apologize we failed to exceed your expectations during your recent stay. Our goal is to provide our guests with clean rooms and friendly service. We are happy to speak with you personally to fully resolve your concerns. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Salem, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Room was usual Drury standards. Indoor pool and whirlpool. Standard breakfast. Hard to believe this chain can command the price for a room with so many others having similar accommodations for less money. Good stay though.

• Stayed May 2011
Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed overnight at the end of April or the beginning of May. Stayed overnite in either room 221 or 222. Pleasant sleep. About two weeks ago I was bitten for the first time. I assume since this was the only place I have stayed in 3 or 4 months that the bed bugs were on the other bed where i threw my bags overnight and that they hitched a ride back home with me. I think it took them that long to find my bed at home.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank workerbeefordastate
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn Marion, responded to this review, 2 June 2011
We are sorry to hear that you have concerns following your stay. We pride ourselves on providing guests with problem-free stays. In the event problems arise as you have shared, we take prompt action to address those concerns as outlined by our pest control vendor. In addition, we would like to follow-up with you personally. Please contact our General Manager at the Drury Inn Marion and she will be happy to speak with you. We look forward to earning your loyalty and being a trusted hotel of choice on your future travels.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 May 2011

This hotel is just off of I-57 in Marion. We had the king suite and it was well equipped with 2 32-inch flat panel TVs, separate climate control in bedroom and living room, even a reclining chair. There's morning breakfast and evening (5:30 pm) "happy hour" with complimentary drinks (margaritas, wine and beer) and snacks (hot dogs and tacos). The food is not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination, but the throngs of hotel residents attending did not seem to mind. The pool/hot tub area was very small and a mere 6 people filled the whole thing up so you felt uncomfortable taking a swim or soak.

• Stayed May 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Cleanliness- everything was very clean. We were not smokers, but they were out of non-smoking rooms, so we stayed in a smoking room. when we first walked in, there was a slight smell, but after a couple of minutes nothing. They do a good job of cleaning the rooms and smells. The pool and hot tub were clean as well.

Service- they were very helpful and allowed us to cancel a night's stay that day as we were leaving early.

Location- right next to bob Evans, applebees, and steak and shake, although these are not needed.

Value- $100 per night. However, there was free great breakfast and supper!

For breakfast they had great sausage, eggs, French toast, waffles, donuts, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, bagels, toast, fruit, etc.

For supper, baked potatoes, tortilla and potato chips, ground beef, refried beans, macho cheese, chicken tenders, spicy bbq chicken, hot dogs, salad, free alcohol

They had free soda and popcorn all day.

Also, our dog stayed for free, most places change an extra $20 a night. For 2 people, that is a $20 value for breakfast and another $20 for supper, and another $20 for the dog. $100 - $60
= $40.

In reality we stayed there for $40 a night.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nugenttw
Cadiz, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We chose Drury for location, quality and past experience. This was our first time staying at this Drury. We were in town for a wedding and since this is where the newlyweds live we will definitely come back for another stay! My boys loved the hotel and all the extras! You definitely would not go hungry around this hotel. It was a great benefit to not have to purchase a snack or drink before bed. The whirlpool was very relaxing and clean. The pool was great but just a little too chilly for my liking. Breakfast was delicious and we loved that there was hot food and light breakfast choices. My boys ate a little during the kickback meal and they said it was great! The value and service of this hotel is outstanding. I would highly recommend it to any type of traveler. We may even bring our pet back to visit!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family