“Nice but I wish I had a wall”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Chicago, IL
“Nice but I wish I had a wall”
Reviewed 29 July 2006

Good location, right off interstate. Bar-and-grill type restaurant next door.

Room was large and clean, with a little living room area, plus a fridge.

Indoor pool was satisfactory.

Our room had a "two person" jacuzzi bath. It was a little smaller than most we've had before, but still nice. Big enough for one person, but two might be a tight fit.

One thing I feel the room was missing was a bathroom wall. The jacuzzi sits between the bathroom and the rest of the room, so all that separates the bathroom from the rest of the room is two curtains. If you're feeling in a romantic way, this is fine. The room is designed for a couple to have a sexy time, obviously.

However, I didn't like that a pair of curtains are all that separates the toilet from the bed area. Imagine if you get sick or something, or you just have to, well, you know... handle some business. I think there's some potential for embarrassment there because your girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse is right on the other side of the curtain while you're in a situation where you'd prefer a moment of privacy.

But still, besides that, a nice little hotel.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank Urban_Hillbillly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago
Reviewed 29 March 2006

I recently stayed here with my family for one night. It was conveniently located off of I-57, in a safe and quiet area. The hotel is adjacent to a restaurant/bar and a mini-mart for late night snacks. It's close to Main Street in Marion and lots of dining and shopping options within a short drive.

Check-in was easy, and the staff was very friendly and helpful in accomodating all of our requests.

Our suite was extremely spacious and had two double beds plus a sitting area with a sofa bed, which was great because I was travelling with two teenagers. Usually we have to get a rollaway, which doesn't leave a lot of room to move around, so we were very happy to have the extra space this time. Our room also had a small fridge, a microwave, and a DVD player (the hotel also has movies available to rent at the desk, but we didn't check out the titles). Our room had a whirlpool tub, and I believe that all of the rooms do but I'm not sure. The soaps and shampoos were nicer than average. Overall, the room was very clean and appeared to have been remodeled recently. It was also very quiet and we didn't notice a lot of noise from the hallway or other rooms.

Other amenities included an indoor pool and free wireless internet. The hotel had a decent breakfast in the morning that included biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, waffles, and the usual cereal, pastries, and juice, but it ends promptly at 9:30.

The only complaint that I have is that the beds were uncomfortable. I could feel the mattress springs through the thin padding and I woke up with a backache. If they would upgrade their mattresses, then it would be a great place to stay. Everything else about the hotel was fine. I would probably stay there again just because of the size of the room and the price, but it would be really nice if they made a few improvements for the comfort of their guests.

• Stayed March 2006