“Great Italian food, reasonable price. Bennie's Salad dressing GARLIC!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bennie's Italian Foods

Bennie's Italian Foods
Ranked #13 of 95 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pinckneyville
“Great Italian food, reasonable price. Bennie's Salad dressing GARLIC!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bennie's has a friendly relaxed atmosphere that I enjoy, but at the same time it has sort of an upscale atmosphere also. In other words, it does not have the peanuts on the wood floor kind of informal hillbilly décor you see some places (and I don't mind that at those other places, just trying to describe it accurately), yet the atmosphere is not real uppity or stiff. You can have fun here. Food is very good, pretty wide assortment. Everybody should be able to find something on the menu to suit them. Fish, burgers, sandwiches, pasta, pizza. I often have the salmon. It is excellent. And I get the house salad with Bennie's dressing. You better love garlic if you get that one though !!!

• Visited December 2013

Illinois
“Mamma Mia! That's some good Lasagna!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Bennie's Italian Foods has been a long time staple of the Marion area when it comes to Italian food. Owners John and Lynn Hill regularly mill about the restaurant taking the time to meet and converse with their customers, all the while taking the time to be sure that the meal they ordered is meeting their expectations. During our recent visit I had the baked lasagna and my wife had had the chicken fettuccine. Both orders were cooked to perfection. The service was fast and friendly. The prices are somewhat high but still reasonable considering the portions received. We will be back.

• Visited February 2014
Carterville
“Best Italian food in Marion area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We enjoy Bennie's. The portions gave gotten smaller. I assume that is an effort to keep costs under control..As an Italian raised on vinegar, oil and garlic dressing, theirs is the closest to what Mom made. I really wish they would bottle it and sell to customers. My favorite is the baked mostaccioli and the stuffed manicotti, but the American dishes are good too.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Service - Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We were late for a concert and Bennie's was crowded. We were going to leave but the manager got our orders and food to us extremely promptly. Food was great, we made the concert with time to spare thanks to the great management - we will be back! Our waitress was also superb - wish I could remember her name.

• Visited December 2013
Marion, IL
“Disappointing Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I know that this is a locally owned restaurant and I love supporting local places, however, this is really an average restaurant at best. I have tried several different items on the menu and really found them to be average, and sometimes below. It seems like they just open up a few cans spaghetti sauce, boil some pots of pasta and throw it all together. The stuff I make at home from scratch is superior to the dishes here. Perhaps I should open my own Italian restaurant, ha! One thing they do have going for them is their garlic dressing. And if you like living on the wild side, try the extra garlic. Your family and friends may not appreciate it but it is tasty and it is tasty for days afterwards. The service is consistent I just wish they would be more effort into their food dishes.

• Visited August 2013