“Woke up to BED BUGS!”

Relax Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Marshall B&B and Inns
“Woke up to BED BUGS!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We were traveling from MO to OH. Very tired so found this place. Room was ok so we decided to stay since everything in the next town was sold out.
My husband woke me up at 5am saying "Get up we got to go!" I said "why???" He said "I woke up & found a bed bug crawling in me."
It freaked me OUT. He captured it in a cup & took it to the office & the man just said "I'll tell the boss man."
My advice is by pass this place.
Got home and washed everything in scalding water. GROSS!!!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank TravelingTexanLady

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Not to bad of a place to stay. Stayed one night with my husband for the Moonshine motorcycle ride. Had a bad experience making reservations at the Super 8 so I called the relax in the man on the phone was very helpful and friendly. When we checked in the staff was very friendly. The rooms had fresh paint but are still a bit dated. Rooms was clean.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I requested for a NON-SMOKING room. When I was shown the room, it did a faint smell of cigarette smoke which was masked by another scent which was too strong, probably to cover up the smell. The owner was kind enough to show me 2 other rooms, but they also had faint smoking smell. I decided to to have to first one instead since it had the faintest smell. The smell was strongest in the bathroom, and I suspected the previous person probably smoked in the bathroom. I wanted to give this place a higher rating since it is clean and pleasant, but had to knock it down a notch for the smell. The owner was nice, tried to accommodate my request, and was courteous. The room had a microwave and a fridge which were nice. The carpet felt a little damp.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Erie, Michigan
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I usually stay in Paris where my daughter & grand daughter live, I don't like the Super 8 in Paris so I decided to try relax Inn. Much better than Super 8. Very clean, bed was comfortable, micro and frig a plus. Only 15 - 20 Min. to visit with family. The room even smelled clean. I was there 2 nights and I will for sure stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I spent three nights here over the weekend. The price was reasonable. The room was clean. There was a micro fridge and microwave. This is a very small town, but there are several fast food places and a Walmart within a short walk. This is an independently owned motel. There is a super 8 next door, I decided to try this one instead. It looked much cleaner from the outside. Nothing fancy, just a clean value priced motel. I would go back if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank John L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshall
Pear Tree Inn Terre Haute
SpringHill Suites Terre Haute
SpringHill Suites Terre Haute
#6 of 18 in Terre Haute
Days Inn & Suites Casey

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!