“Wonderful service during the snowstorm!”
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
and 1 more site!
Relax Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Marshall B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Wonderful service during the snowstorm!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I meant to write this in January - we were in Marshall IL the beginning of Jan for one night. We awoke to a huge snow storm - temps about 20 below zero and more snow than I want to remember. I-7o was closed in Indiana and everyone was "stuck." Rick (the owner) did everything possible to make our 4 day stay as comfortable as possible. He helped us move our cars when he cleared the parking lot, kept breakfast going as long as he could, and provided cleaning services as we needed. He was full with people who were traveling, families, truckers, and locals who had no heat and needed a place to stay. He even went out to pick up his staff when they couldn't get to the motel due to the bad roads. Some people left on Tuesday and had to turn around and come back after reaching Terre Haute. They called him and he kept their rooms for them. We were safe and warm and had TV & Internet most of the time. And...he kept his prices the same in this terrible weather. I will always stay here due to his personal service!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for what you need - Rick will always accommodate you as best he can. I always as...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julane C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We travel from Kansas City to Columbus OH regularly and always stop here. It is about our 1/2 way point and we discovered it about 5 years ago. They are always accommodating and the rooms are always clean and neat. If there has ever been a problem of any kind they have corrected it immediately. Friendly service like this is hard to find with clean, comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: I always ask for a first-floor, non-smoking room and have never been turned away. You can park righ...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julane C
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We were traveling from MO to OH. Very tired so found this place. Room was ok so we decided to stay since everything in the next town was sold out.
My husband woke me up at 5am saying "Get up we got to go!" I said "why???" He said "I woke up & found a bed bug crawling in me."
It freaked me OUT. He captured it in a cup & took it to the office & the man just said "I'll tell the boss man."
My advice is by pass this place.
Got home and washed everything in scalding water. GROSS!!!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank TravelingTexanLady
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Not to bad of a place to stay. Stayed one night with my husband for the Moonshine motorcycle ride. Had a bad experience making reservations at the Super 8 so I called the relax in the man on the phone was very helpful and friendly. When we checked in the staff was very friendly. The rooms had fresh paint but are still a bit dated. Rooms was clean.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I requested for a NON-SMOKING room. When I was shown the room, it did a faint smell of cigarette smoke which was masked by another scent which was too strong, probably to cover up the smell. The owner was kind enough to show me 2 other rooms, but they also had faint smoking smell. I decided to to have to first one instead since it had the faintest smell. The smell was strongest in the bathroom, and I suspected the previous person probably smoked in the bathroom. I wanted to give this place a higher rating since it is clean and pleasant, but had to knock it down a notch for the smell. The owner was nice, tried to accommodate my request, and was courteous. The room had a microwave and a fridge which were nice. The carpet felt a little damp.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Erie, Michigan
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I usually stay in Paris where my daughter & grand daughter live, I don't like the Super 8 in Paris so I decided to try relax Inn. Much better than Super 8. Very clean, bed was comfortable, micro and frig a plus. Only 15 - 20 Min. to visit with family. The room even smelled clean. I was there 2 nights and I will for sure stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I spent three nights here over the weekend. The price was reasonable. The room was clean. There was a micro fridge and microwave. This is a very small town, but there are several fast food places and a Walmart within a short walk. This is an independently owned motel. There is a super 8 next door, I decided to try this one instead. It looked much cleaner from the outside. Nothing fancy, just a clean value priced motel. I would go back if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank John L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshall
Pear Tree Inn Terre Haute
#6 of 18 in Terre Haute
Drury Inn Terre Haute
Drury Inn Terre Haute
#3 of 18 in Terre Haute

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!