“Best thing about Matteson (other than Mr. Benny's Steakhouse)”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Matteson
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best thing about Matteson (other than Mr. Benny's Steakhouse)”
Reviewed 27 July 2010

After spending our first week at the disgusting Country Inn next door we thankfully moved into the Hampton Suites for 3 months. The place still smells new! Rooms are nice and light, super comfy beds, nice flat screen TVs and the decor is like a mini "W". Great crew at the front desk and a really hearty breakfast buffet (and the lady who works it is always super friendly). We've been here 3 months on business and all appreciate this hotel and its staff (and we are a bunch of road warriors). I don't hear my neighbors but do hear the folks stomping upstairs, so request a 4th floor room if you can get one.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
innovativehotels, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, 6 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our hotel, the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. We're glad that you made us your "home away from home" for three months and that you were able to experience the high level of service and accommodations that our associates strive to deliver. We will share your feedback with everyone and ensure that they can read firsthand how much it's appreciated. Thank you again to you and all your co-workers for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Milwaukee
Reviewed 25 July 2010

We went here for a night with the kids just to get away and use the pool. We had a voucher for a free room at a Hampton Inn, and almost didn't use it because we'd never been to one before and thought they were just some rinky-dink type of place. But, I tell you what: we were very impressed. It doesn't have the fancy entry way or bell hops, but the complimentary beer and appetizers were welcome. The pool area was nice and clean (a little cold though, and no hot tub). The breakfast was better than most continental breakfasts I've had at similar hotels.

But there were two things that stood out:
1. The room was really impressive. I have stayed in Hyatts, Hiltons, Crowne Plazas, and Milleniums that didn't have rooms even close to as nice as this. If you didn't know better, and you were just plopped into the room, you would guess you were at a 4 or 5 star dowtown Chicago hotel.
2. The staff was so remarkably friendly and accommodating, I could hardly believe it. It felt like those old commercials, where they used to say, "Oh...It's you Bob." It was as though we were the only guests in the hotel. And we weren't asking for anything; they just kept asking us if they could do this or get that for us.

Overall, for this class of hotel, this is definitely among the best you could hope for.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 3 June 2010

The Area:

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn!. First of all, the hotel itself is newer and not far from Hwy 57. It sits in a nice business area with lots of stuff all around. Examples: A Cracker Barrel restaurant, a Borders Bookstore, a grocery store, the Lincoln Mall, Walmart, and MORE! If you need a “spiritual pick-me-up”, Victory Apostolic Church is right across the street, though you might want to check the website for Sunday Service times.

Décor/Breakfast:

The interior is simply beautifully decorated. The breakfast area is spacious with a varied mix of seating such as table/chairs, sofa with small round tables, and breakfast bar/bar chairs. There is artwork on the walls, and other decoratives.

The breakfast itself was divided onto four counter areas:
1. Beverage Bar: Juice, several types of coffee, tea etc.
2. Bread Bar: Donuts, pastries, make your own waffles ( these were the best I’ve ever tasted!) , and yogurt.
3) Fruit and cereal bar
4) hot food: sausage gravy, biscuits, scrambled eggs.

What I liked best about the bar is that it had not only regular sugared items like syrup, and yogurt, they also had the nonsugared version of these items as well. Great for anyone on a low sugar eating plan. For those who are unable to sit down and eat at the breakfast bar, they have some “To-Go” breakfast bags packed and available at the checkin counter. The items in the bag include a muffin , a granola bar, bottled water. That is a huge plus! :)

Recreation/Business:

Also on the first floor is the pool, a fitness center, containing a treadmill, elliptical, weights, etc. The business center with two internet-connected computers and a printer. Also there is what I will call an “Honors Market” –a mini-store containing snacks and such for purchase.

The Room:

When you step off the elevator on your floor, there are two chairs and a table (sitting area) incase you need to sit down before dragging all of your stuff to the room.

The room was lovely! Nice hardwood panel doors with pictures outside of each room next to the room number. A work desk, a flat screen tv, and on the bed was a mini lap counter thing so you could work on your laptop while sitting up in the bed. Nice! The bed was “dreamy” with a good set of pillows, comforter, etc. The closet is behind a large mirror ( which I thought was a wall mirror) but if you pull it back-look for the hinge because it doesn’t show on the outside of the mirror- there is the closet behind it, with an iron/ironing board and an extra blanket.

The Bathroom:

The bathroom had a walk-in shower ( no tub), a huge wood vanity, an excellent set of anemities including mouthwash, lotion, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap, a “vanity kit”-cottonballs, cotton swabs and an emery board, a shower cap, and a shoe mitt. The towels were oh-so fluffy! Also in the bathroom in a built-in cubby in the wall, was a single serve coffee maker and coffee.

The Staff:

The staff was very accommodating and friendly overall. If you have a problem with the room , ( as I did due to a party going on in the room near me) they will to their best to work towards a resolution.

Summary:

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I will definitely be back!!! Many thanks to the breakfast bar person ! She was excellent, kept the bar stocked and CLEAN and even helped me out with directions and information about some of the areas I was considering visiting. The only downside to my stay (no fault of hotel of course) , was that there was a terrible storm that was so bad that it knocked out the television signal and was so strong that it tremors were felt throughout the bed I was sleeping in! Hopefully the next time I visit, it will be better weather! :)

• Stayed May 2010
West Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Just pulled off the interstate on our way to Chicago, looking for somewhere to stay in Matteson. We decided on this hotel, as it looked the best out of the few hotels in the area (others were a country inn suites, LaQuinta Inn, and a Holiday Inn) Price was $99 plus tax, which was a little more than we wanted to pay, but glad we did. The hotel room looked brand new - even the bathroom. The price included free breakfast which included cold (pastries, bagels, fruit, cereal, milk and juice) and hot items (biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, and scrambled eggs, a few types of coffee and tea). Also had free internet access. Will certainly stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
vancouver, bc
Reviewed 10 November 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 3 nights. It was brand new and furnished a little like a W Hotel. Dark furnishings, mirrors in the breakfast room. Comfy chairs, magazines. There were little photos beside your room number. I call it "W - lite". It was difficult to locate however, because you can't see it from the main road. We were driving down the main road in Matteson looking for the address and it's really the name of a road that comes out of shopping center. I expected to see a bright blue sign, but it's tucked on a side road (next to Country Inn, America's Best Value hotels) beside a plaza (Marshall's) and behind a church.

The room was decorated very nicely, fresh, clean linens with flat screen TV and heavenly bed. The bathroom was spotless and nicely appointed with amenities. There was also a padded cushion for laptop or snack in bed. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. They remembered our names and would greet us when we came in. It also has Starbucks coffee in the room. A hot breakfast is included and it's really nice. They also include healthy low fat choices. It is close to main highway and shopping centers. I would highly recommend it.

It does not have a small kitchen or microwave and you can't open the window for fresh air so you do have to put up with a noisy fan, but other than that, it was perfect!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
New Carlisle, Ohio
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I've stayed in this hotel several times since the week it opened and have three reservations for return trips. I have allergies and have NEVER had an issue with this hotel or Hamptons in general. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area. Close to the interstate but very quiet. It's very clean and the staff are wonderful.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Madison, WI
Reviewed 21 June 2009

This hotel saved us from the nightmare Country Inn and Suites next door. The Hampton Inn is brand spanking new...the hotel is very modern, noticed as soon as you enter the lobby. Friendly, welcoming staff (Earl), FABULOUS beds and down pillows. Free internet. All common areas very clean. Someone mentioned a coffee spill in the elevator and it was cleaned in less than 5 minutes. Location is great, and although right off the expressway, you would not know it. Very quiet. Breakfast was good, hot and cold items. Several types of coffee to choose from. Won't stay anywhere else when returning to the area. Consistently good and does the Hampton Inn proud. STAY HERE. It is GREAT.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank KLMMadison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matteson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson
Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
La Quinta Inn Chicago Matteson

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson? Share your experiences!