“New year Eve Celebration”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Matteson
“New year Eve Celebration”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked several rooms at the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson in Matteson, IL. The customer services were great this time. We decide to try it again because it is close to the celebration we were there for. We visit country Inn & Suites all the time in different states and they all are the same. They gave us better rooms this time, so we had fun. We did not use the pool or stay for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
MgtTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Greetings!!
Thank you for taking the time to send us your positive compliments. We love to see you here and shall strive to exceed our expectations, every visit you make here.
Have a wonderful summer, and we shall wait for your next trip
Best Regards
Andy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seymour, Indiana
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Where to start--there were many problems-

Pool--We wanted to go swimming, but as soon as we walked into the pool area, we were overwhelmed with a VERY powerful Chlorine smell. It was bad enough that my eyes almost immediately started burning. We left the pool area & told the reception desk about the problem. She told me there had been a problem earlier in the day & they needed to clean the hot tub & they just dumped chemicals into the pool. She said, "Maybe we need to open the doors again." It should have been shut down due to unsafe levels of chlorine. They opened not only the outside pool door, but the door inside of the hotel as well, allowing all that chlorine smell to come down the hallway. That was not a good idea as the chlorine smell started to get into the rooms. We were on the first floor. Luckily the hallway had windows that opened. WE, my family, not the hotel people, opened them up to air out the place. Kids were getting sick from the chlorine (smell & swallowing pool water). Police & Fire Departments showed up to care for everyone & the pool was shut down, finally.

Although the first two floors are non smoking, the people in the next room on the first floor were smoking & the smoke came through the bath vent, so our bathroom reeked of smoke the next morning.

This place is under remodeling as of April 2nd, 2014. They should make note of that somewhere, as I was not aware of that fact until we got there & saw the place.

Our room was very cold when we arrived. Thermostat was set at 65. They said use the thermostat on the wall to control the AC, so we turned up the temp using that stat, but ours never turned off the AC, the fan kept blowing cold air.

Pillows are flat.

We had two rooms & one room did not have any cups for the ice bucket.

There is nothing to tell you which channels are what on the TV, so you have to flip through each channel & try to figure out what channel it is & what is on. No guide or menu.

I overheard a comment that there has not been a regular maintenance person there in a while. It seems to be someone new each week. This is probably the reason for the pool incident. DON'T let someone deal with pool chemicals that has no idea what they are doing!

Those involved in the pool incident were offered vouchers, so we shall see if they make good on that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MgtTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. I assure you that we shall finish our renovation soon to make it a great place to visit again. We are assuring you that the gift voucher will be send to compensate your inconvenience.

Please keep us in mind for your next trip so we can exceed your expectations.
Sincerely
Andy S.

Travellers are raving about these Matteson hotels

Mount Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is dirty and recently painted. The smell of paint is throughout the hallway, as is the paint that spilled and dripped and was never cleaned up on the hallway carpeting. My son and husband went to the pool to swim and were overcome with fumes of some sort. Their noses were running and they were coughing. Their eyes were also burning. I went to the front desk to complain and was told to tell the GM at 7am. I then went into the pool area and my eyes were burning for 5 minutes.. The pool area should be shut down because it is a health hazard.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I booked the room through Orbitz for business. Everything was fine until I was woken up by loud noises and my light suddenly turned on. I looked up to see a man standing in my room. It turned out to be a staff member that thought the room was empty. The excuse I was given for this incident was that I was not in their system. I spoke to the general manager, Andy, in the morning at the front desk. He said he knew about what happened and needed to "look into it." I left a message for him a few hours later. I have not gotten any response from Andy or restitution to my satisfaction. Hopefully the regional manager is a little bit better at customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because we were going to a concert at first midwest amphitheatre. Great location for the concert but the room was dirty. Under the two beds had tons of crumbs, wrappers, etc like it hadn't been vacuumed in awhile. The room stunk, the knobs were broken off the dirty a/c unit however we were able to control the room temperature with the thermostat on the wall. I'm a freak about bad bugs so pulled the mattress back a bit to check and there was hair and black flakey bits all in the crevices. Yuck Pool was quite small. And although they offer a free breakfast which we thought would be nice....we passed on that. They had the typical oatmeal cereal and waffle maker but the hot food they were serving just didn't look appetizing. Corned beef hash was runny, eggs looked gelled, not a good first impression (can't imagine what the kitchen must look like if our room was that dirty). front desk lady was pleasant and the lobby area was clean and up kept and in their defense it looked like they were doing some repairs however I don't think it was worth what they charge.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nutzyrn10
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and your room during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great stay and a great price. Beds were verey comfortable. Room was clean and quiet, no odors. Assistant manager was an incredible help with everything including directing us to the best Chicago deep dish pizza we've ever had! Breakfast was good too! I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a great nights sleep!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MgtTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear valued Elite guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and your compliments towards Sara is very highly appreciated-which I have shared with her. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Andy Sarma,
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Was booked to stay here two nights, April 9-11 for business, but checked out after just one night because of the poor room condition. First, there was hair (from somewhere other than someone's head) all over the sink and countertop and in the tub. I am allergic to down, so I check all hotel pillows before I sleep. There were four pillows on the bed. The first pillow I checked was down-filled but I don't hold down pillows against a hotel. The next pillow was not down-filled, so as I started putting the pillow case back on, I noticed that the edge of the pillowcase had line of hard, crusted yellowish-brown substance on it, like someone had used it for a handkerchief. So that one was unusable. The pillowcase on the third pillow had a cigarette burn in it (this was a nonsmoking room and I believe it is a nonsmoking hotel). I have never been to the area and I arrived after dark and after working for 16 hours, but if I had known there was another hotel right next door, I would have checked out right then. I spent the one night, but checked out immediately the next day. I didn't eat the breakfast, so I can't comment on that.

The hotel is doing some renovations. The front desk staff was friendly. But neither will make up for poor housekeeping.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank anon37
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We truly understand how a clean room is essential to a good stay and will address your comments with the hotels management team to ensure our Housekeeping staff are made aware of these shortcomings.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matteson
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson
Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center
La Quinta Inn Chicago Matteson
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Sleep Inn Tinley Park
Sleep Inn Tinley Park
#7 of 9 in Tinley Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson? Share your experiences!