Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Matteson, IL
Great 4.5/5
US$67
US$55
Average 3/5
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park(Tinley Park)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$126
US$122
US$110
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront desk employeesbreakfast areaenjoyed my staywould stay here againthe general managercomplimentary breakfasthome away from homebeds were comfortablecracker barrelyogurtcleanlinessfreewayillinois
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This place is being renovated which will help a lot. I missed breakfast because I slept in so I can not comment on that. But housekeeping staff gave me a list of places to go. Overall staff was very nice and helpful I will stay again and would love to see the finished results.

• Stayed: July 2014
MgtTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Matteson, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you so much for being so kind with your words and your compliments. We are working hard to complete the renovations and cannot wait to see the end results. We hope to see you back and show you the new "country"
Wishing you a great day and looking forward to your next visit.
Regards
Andy S and Team,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a horrible hotel. Walking to the door the little porch is so nasty you don't want to sit there. We had about 15 rooms and everyone was disappointed. the whole weekend they never swept the lobby or stairs. they are renovating but I guess they laid housekeeping off. My niece pulled her covers back and there was a big brownish stain on her sheets. A couple of the rooms air didn't work. One of the rooms did't get any service on Saturday and that night they went to desk to complain. They said housekeeping is gone but we can give you some towels. Overall they should shut this hotel down and gut it before selling anymore rooms. I was in several of my families rooms but thank God I didn't stay there. Go to the Hampton across the street or any other hotel in Matteson. It is also privately owned so think you're going to get a refund.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sharon C
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Matteson, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services and the conditions of our rooms.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Short review:

Visibly dirty blankets
toilet wouldn't flush/plumbing issues
bathtub floor had a hole in the fiberglass
hotel room floor was flooded with an inch of water
Room smelled musty
Hallway door to the outside was open all night
Management responded w/a measly 10% voucher for next visit.

Detailed review:

I should have trusted the bad reviews I had read before staying, but now I can confirm how bad this hotel actually is. We paid for 2 rooms while staying overnight for a concert. The first room had a visibly dirty blanket on one bed. (looked like bodily fluids) After waking up at 3am I discovered the bathroom was out of toilet paper, which forced me to leave my room to get some from the front desk. The hallway was hot because the air conditioner was not working and unplugged on the floor. Not a huge deal because our room had air, but it did add to the already run down atmosphere of the establishment.

The second room was very humid and smelled musty, which lead us to discover an inch of water on the floor between the bed and the bathroom... probably due to the hole that was visible in the bathtub's fiberglass. Mold wasn't visible but was a concern. Also, the toilet wouldn't flush... both indicating some serious plumbing problems. Now, when we told the front desk of these issues they gave us a 10% off coupon for the next visit. NOT what I'd expect after having a flooded hotel room but hey at least I'm coming away with the experience to know not to stay at a Country Inn again.

I'm sure like every other review on here, I will get some canned, robotic response from Country Inn Management... but honestly that will only irritate me further. Just please hire a competent staff and fix up the place. I'm surprised a health inspector hasn't shut you down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank drivehikecamp
MgtTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Matteson, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Nicole,
I wanted to send you my personal apollogies for the inconvenience that you had during your stay. We are looking at this very seriously. I assure you that we are working hard to get our hotel to a new stage once we complete our renovation. However, we want to seek your confidence in our hotel and the brand. Please feel free to call me and discuss about the best resolution for the situation or email me at cx_matt@countryinns.com.
Andy S

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked several rooms at the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson in Matteson, IL. The customer services were great this time. We decide to try it again because it is close to the celebration we were there for. We visit country Inn & Suites all the time in different states and they all are the same. They gave us better rooms this time, so we had fun. We did not use the pool or stay for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
MgtTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Matteson, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Greetings!!
Thank you for taking the time to send us your positive compliments. We love to see you here and shall strive to exceed our expectations, every visit you make here.
Have a wonderful summer, and we shall wait for your next trip
Best Regards
Andy S

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Where to start--there were many problems-

Pool--We wanted to go swimming, but as soon as we walked into the pool area, we were overwhelmed with a VERY powerful Chlorine smell. It was bad enough that my eyes almost immediately started burning. We left the pool area & told the reception desk about the problem. She told me there had been a problem earlier in the day & they needed to clean the hot tub & they just dumped chemicals into the pool. She said, "Maybe we need to open the doors again." It should have been shut down due to unsafe levels of chlorine. They opened not only the outside pool door, but the door inside of the hotel as well, allowing all that chlorine smell to come down the hallway. That was not a good idea as the chlorine smell started to get into the rooms. We were on the first floor. Luckily the hallway had windows that opened. WE, my family, not the hotel people, opened them up to air out the place. Kids were getting sick from the chlorine (smell & swallowing pool water). Police & Fire Departments showed up to care for everyone & the pool was shut down, finally.

Although the first two floors are non smoking, the people in the next room on the first floor were smoking & the smoke came through the bath vent, so our bathroom reeked of smoke the next morning.

This place is under remodeling as of April 2nd, 2014. They should make note of that somewhere, as I was not aware of that fact until we got there & saw the place.

Our room was very cold when we arrived. Thermostat was set at 65. They said use the thermostat on the wall to control the AC, so we turned up the temp using that stat, but ours never turned off the AC, the fan kept blowing cold air.

Pillows are flat.

We had two rooms & one room did not have any cups for the ice bucket.

There is nothing to tell you which channels are what on the TV, so you have to flip through each channel & try to figure out what channel it is & what is on. No guide or menu.

I overheard a comment that there has not been a regular maintenance person there in a while. It seems to be someone new each week. This is probably the reason for the pool incident. DON'T let someone deal with pool chemicals that has no idea what they are doing!

Those involved in the pool incident were offered vouchers, so we shall see if they make good on that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MgtTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Matteson, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. I assure you that we shall finish our renovation soon to make it a great place to visit again. We are assuring you that the gift voucher will be send to compensate your inconvenience.

Please keep us in mind for your next trip so we can exceed your expectations.
Sincerely