“Been Eating Here For Over 30 Years”
Review of Mr Benny's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mr Benny's Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

First time I ate here was when they were in a little building off Western Ave. You had to know where you were going to find it. I was awe-struck with the friendly staff and the exceptional quality of the food. Decades later this remains my Italian Restaurant of choice in Chicagoland for dinner. They have been in the Cicero Ave location for decades now. The food is still just excellent and I mean this applies to everything on the menu regardless of the night you are there. Benny had obviously schooled his children on how to maintain the excellence that pervades this classic Italian family restaurant. Several years ago, we rented the upstairs banquet room for a special family occasion.

4  Thank greg s

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Poor quality and overpriced! Had the rack of lamb, fatty, hardly any meat and it had to be grilled on a dirty grill. Also had shrimp de jonghe got 4 shrimp and all kinds of bread crumbs. The thousand island salad dressing seemed like a doctored-up French. The best thing about this experience was the ambiance.

3  Thank unknowndiner
mrbennyssteakhouse, General Manager at Mr Benny's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Hello ....iam writing about your experience at our restaurant...thanks for your feedback....my name is larry leonardo....i operate the location you visited...we take these comments very seriously and truly want our customers happy.....rest assured our grill is not dirty but charcoal briquettes i will look into your complaint about our dressing and ....i am at the location most nights and meet most of your customers when i can....if you would like to contact me via email my address is mrbennyssteakhouse@gmail.com...thank you and please give us another chance...thanks

Reviewed 14 April 2013

After traveling all day my husband and I were looking for a good meal and a quiet place to relax. Just around the corner from the Hampton Inn (not too far off I 57) we found Mr. Benny's in Matteson. Wait staff were friendly, cold cocktails and warm fresh rolls helped us unwind. We ordered the special Halibut and Lamb dishes. Both were prepared well, fresh ingredients, good size portions. With Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and Dean Martin playing in the background, we savored our meal. Low lights, great service, wonderful food.

3  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Well worth the trip and the price. The steaks and seafood are always great. The appetizers are good too.

1  Thank Johanna H
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Went to Mr. Benny's with my husband and our friend. WOW. This is some seriously delicious food. Our server was very friendly and attentive, our food came quickly, and it was just fantastic. I had the filet mignon, which practically melted in my mouth it was so tender. My husband had really awesome ribs and our friend had a rack of lamb which was also very good (and I'm not even that big of a lamb fan). I recommend getting a double baked potato instead of a regular baked potato. Not that there was anything wrong with the baked potato - the double baked was just even better.

My only observation that I found unusual was how they only had like...one CD on loop. It didn't bother me, I just noticed and was surprised that I heard the same Sinatra songs over and over again. Good thing I like ol' Blue Eyes! : )

2  Thank Flydidee