“Ugh...Boring Location, Typical Holiday Inn Rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center

Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Matteson
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ugh...Boring Location, Typical Holiday Inn Rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight on a business trip and found the hotel to be your standard Holiday Inn from the inside. Nice large rooms, the standard Holiday Inn decor and comfy beds, free internet that worked great. From the outside I thought the location of the hotel was horrible and even though it was almost connected to a strip mall you still had to drive to mostly anything. The drive into Chicago took me about 45 minutes and about the same time from the closest airport (MDW). The hotel is located right next to the interstate and I would assume it was typically used for a truck driver’s rest stop (based on the trucks in the parking lot) or for large conferences. If you are traveling for anything else outside of that...I would not recommend this hotel unless you want to die from boredom.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear ATLtoEUR767,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience the hotel's location may have caused you. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Front desk staff is rude and not knowledgeable whatsoever. I cut my long drive a little short to get some rest and catch the Super Bowl, and after checking in and dragging all my stuff down to my room, I discovered that the DON'T HAVE CBS. What?!? Thanks for mentioning that at the front desk. There are so many options in the area that I left. Don't waste your time stopping here!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dana R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Dear Dana R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Warren, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

Thank you!! Keep up the great job. Thank you everyone for always taking care of a weary traveler. I always choose your property whenever I'm in the area...which seems to be all the time.

Very affordable and clean. Comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed at this property for the first and last time a few weeks ago. I always make reservations ahead of time, and always make the staff aware in the "Comments" when I'm bringing along my small dog. Upon check-in, I assumed the young man at the desk was aware of my pet being with me. He had nearly completed the process including my upgrade (Platinum member) when I asked if he had included the pet fee. He responded that he hadn't as he wasn't aware that I had a dog. He then informed me that he would have to put me in a 2 double-bed room on the first floor. I asked him if there was a manager I could speak with about it and he said "no". Initially I thought he was simply rude and disinterested, but as the exchange continued, it was apparent that he simply had no experience and was operating by the seat of his pants. As a single woman, I never like staying on the first floor. To add further insult to injury, so to speak, this room was in a separate wing of the hotel, very isolated from EVERYthing, and there were only 2 other vehicles in this back section during my one night stay. The hotel is not in the best area so going in and out was a little unnerving. Had I not already traveled for several hours to get there, I probably would have sought out other lodging.

Aside from all that, my room was, in a word, shabby. I stay almost exclusively at IHG (typically HI or HIE), and while the lobby area of this hotel was as inviting as conference centers can be, my room was the worst I've stayed in in a very long time.

Room Tip: Go elseswhere.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 January 2013
Dear Kate A,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Matteson and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. As a Priority Club Rewards member you are one of our most important guests. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Saint Joseph, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

A very nice hotel. The people are very nice and helpful. The room is clean and the breakfast has a great variety. I like to stay there every time I am in the area about once a week. I prefer this hotel over others in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Pros:
It was a very nice hotel. The rooms were clean and service was excellent. Victoria at the front desk was always a pleasure to deal with. Quiet with free internet; a good place for a business trip.

Cons:
Not a lot of places around in walking distance. Bar Louie (attached to hotel) had okay food, but took forever to get service. Breakfast was not included in price and ordering at Louie's took at least an hour serve food. Restaurant service was terrible.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

I was amazed on how nice this hotel is...you can tell that everything has recently been renovated and updated...there is the addition of Bar Louie which was nice to get a drink after long day...this property is nothing like what it was before...it will be my place to stay

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matteson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson
La Quinta Inn Chicago Matteson
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park
Holiday Inn Chicago-Tinley Park-Convention Center

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Matteson Conference Center? Share your experiences!