“Nice place”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Mattoon
Mount Vernon, Illinois
“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband was traveling for work and this was about a mile from his destination. Staff was friendly, the breakfast staff was super friendly and was interacting with a small boy which seemed to totally make his day! Comfy bed and nice size restroom

Stayed August 2014
Stephanie P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to lodging, but we are so glad you chose us. Our staff truly cares about our guest and the service they provide you. We are glad you found us friendly and we hope to see you back again.

Stephanie Packer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chillicothe, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This property is by far the most comfortable, cleanest, friendliest hotel which I have ever stayed. I am often in the Charleston/Mattoon area for Eastern Illinois University business as well as visiting family. I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express since they opened in 2009. The staff has been consistent in all these years. Friendly, helpful and always greet me by name with a smile.

The rooms are spacious and super clean. The hotel is pet-friendly also, which is great when I travel with my dog. The beds and pillows are so comfortable, I often sleep better here than I do at home.

THe breakfast area is amazing. The staff is smiling and helpful. The selection allows for all to be able to enjoy breakfast; gluten free items, turkey sausage, pancakes, apples, juice, and always steaming hot fresh coffee.

This property is by the far the best hotel in the area. I would highly recommend staying here due to being family friendly, professional, and always willing to help.

Room Tip: Great when visiting Eastern Illinois University and is within walking distance from several great pl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Gretchen T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you are a part of our family here at the Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to your visits. Our staff takes a lot of pride in the service they provide and I will definitely share your comments with them and we look forward to being your home away from home for years to come.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was sold out over the weekend but I found the staff to be very friendly and caring. Very clean hotel and great parking. Attention to every detail was the best. Want a great experience? Try this Holiday Inn & Express in Mattoon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Renee2525
Stephanie P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Renee2525,

We are glad you had such a nice experience with us. Are staff works hard to provide a clean hotel and caring attitude. I would like to thank you for being our guest and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband while visiting family. The room we stayed in was very nice. This is the best hotel, in the area, to stay in. It's not too expensive. And the rooms are nice. The staff is super friendly. Next time we visit, we'll be staying there again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear NoCalTourist,

We are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be nice and clean. We take a lot of pride in the service we provide. We are always looking for ways to improve and our guest feedback is crucial to our success. So thank you for taking time out of your busy day to tells us about your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Thank You!
Ottawa, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I can say that this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in as I travel extensively for work. I stay at this hotel when I'm visiting friends and family and I always look forward to it. Everything about that this hotel make you feel like you're in excellent hands. Walking in it is always very clean and the staff is so polite and helpful. They are so good about giving me my Priority Club upgrades when they are available too. I have been staying here for a few years now and the excellent service has been consistent. It makes me feel at home when I'm away from home. If you stay at another hotel when you're in the Mattoon area, you are missing out! Thank you to Stephanie Packer and her staff! See you again soon!

Stayed July 2014
Dear HBadger87,

We know life is busy so we wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear we are providing you with the experience each and every guest deserves! Our staff takes a lot of pride in the service they provide and will be delighted when I share your review. We would also like to thank you for your loyalty, our hotel and IHG as a brand appreciates your patronage. We look forward to your next visit.

Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Holiday Inn Express and Suites is the best hotel in Mattoon and my preferred place to stay when I visit Mattoon. In addition, Stephanie Packer is THE FINEST hotel manager in the Coles County area!!!

-Ray McElroy

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RayMcElroy
Ray,

Thank you for feedback. We always look forward to reading our guest comments. It is an honor to have you and your crew with us when you come to town. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Mattoon, IL during the July 4th, 2014 weekend. Our reservations began on Wednesday and on Tuesday afternoon found that we would be arriving early. We called the hotel and added Tuesday night with no problem. The front desk staff person was very accommodating and friendly. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Rebecca,

We are happy you found our hotel clean and our staff accommodating. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience to our guest. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Mattoon and we will be looking forward to your return.

Stephanie Packer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattoon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mattoon
#7 of 9 in Mattoon
Unique Suites Hotel
Unique Suites Hotel
#2 of 2 in Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon? Share your experiences!