“Good value”

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mattoon
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

On I57, so it's good for travellers. Staff was nice and helpful. Older hotel but well maintained. Nice to be in a 100% non-smoking hotel. It makes a difference! No big groups the night we stayed. That could be a problem given the size of the breakfast area, etc. Good value compared to other hotels in the area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Latonya_13, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites of Mattoon for your recent visit to the area. We would also like to show our appreciation for your positive feedback regarding your stay. We pride ourselves in giving our guests the best value possible with our competitive pricing and added amenities. Thank you for remembering exit 184 off of 57 and we look forward to doing business with you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a huge birthday surprise party at the vfw in mattoon some guests traveling from Texas so we booked them all rooms at this motel and our stay was amazing!!! One guest who travels frequently here and has stayed at EVERY motel here in town says this is by far the best!! Extremely clean and beautiful with an awesome complimentary breakfast!!! And the staff was so helpful with giving directions and taking good care of my guests!! Thank you so much

• Stayed: July 2014

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites for your recent trip to the area. It sounds like everyone had a great time at the party! We appreciate your positive feedback and know you have several lodging options in the area. We are lucky to have had such wonderful guests for the weekend! We hope to see you again very soon. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, we are here to accommodate! Thank you once again for your kind words regarding your experience at our award winning hotel!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very nice hotel in the middle of no where so it is quiet.....with the exception of the barking dog who is scratching vigorously at his door since his mom and dad left him alone! I waited 30 minutes and finally called the front desk regarding this poor dog who has been left alone. The desk clerk promptly came to the room next door and heard the same thing. It has been nearly an hour now and the dog is barking and scratching and the front desk personnel is waiting for the owner to return. Unfortunately the hotel has a full house or I would be taking my 85 year old mother and moving us to a different room. I live 700 miles from here and it has been a long, long day. But the hotel is very nice! Make sure you ask if you are on the animal floor though and I did ask for a ground floor due to mom but I was not aware animals were allowed. I would stay here again but lessons learned.

Room Tip: Rooms above 1st floor would be better to prevent being on animal floors where you could hear barking...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Latonya_13, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Quality Inn & Suites of Mattoon. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and our front desk gave such prompt service when called! We do have designated pet rooms, but only a few of them, so please do remember to request a room away from them next time you come see us! We look forward to doing business again with you very soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was traveling 7 hours out of state to pick my son up from band camp. At the last minute my dad decided to ride along. I had already booked the hotel through Orbitz with one king bed (thinking I would be alone) First, although the address of this hotel is Mattoon, it is south of Mattoon and not by the Mattoon area. There is a McDonalds across the street, but no gas station, or anything else and as far as I could tell no restaurant at the hotel. We arrived @8pm. The hotel is very large and on the night we were there it was not 1/2 full. I asked the desk clerk to change my room and she refused because I had booked on Orbitz. I mentioned that I did not was to cancel my room, I just wanted a room with two beds so that I didn't have to sleep with my father. (Who then offered to sleep in a chair!) She said since I booked through Orbitz she could not cancel or change my reservation because of their policy. I asked to speak to the manager, the sign behind the desk said manager on duty : Kelly Campbell, but there was actually not a manager on duty. The desk clerk, Paige, then explained to me that I would have to call orbitz and then orbitz would have to call them, then they could cancel the reservation and book a new one. As Paige had "done the same with a guy earlier that day". Due to our late arrival it was difficult to explain to Orbitz was we were wanting to do. They thought I was wanting to cancel after the cancelation policy time. They did not quite understand that I was just trying to get a different room. Anyway....after an hour and a half (it is now 9:15) it is finally straightened out and I am able to get a room with 2 beds. Paige was very apologetic and explained that she had to follow the exact process or risk getting "ripped a new one" by her manager tomorrow.
We were then put into room 100 right by the lobby and exit and the wall was so thin that we could hear the conversations of people in the lobby on their cell phones. It appeared that the rooms were in renovation as there was brown tile putty on the bathroom floor. The bathroom was dated, but overall the room was very basic. The breakfast was a very typical hotel breakfast. OUTDOOR POOL!
My advice to this hotel is that if you are going to allow people to make online reservations you need to be flexible with them as life happens and things change. What you did was make sure that I will never stay at your hotel again!!!!!

Room Tip: This hotel is not by anything!!! If you don't like to eat McDonalds I would recommend staying so...
2  Thank sne1516
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great, friendly service, clean rooms, and full breakfast make this hotel a gem. We paid about $68 per night and it was a bargain. Beds were very comfortable too. We didn't get to use the outdoor pool but it looked very nice. Breakfast included the average continental offerings plus eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, and biscuits and gravy! Very friendly staff. The only complaint I have is the individual a/c units in each room. Since this is a newer hotel I would have expected central air. They were a bit noisy and even though they kept the rooms cool there was a draft by the beds. Anyway, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues ask for a room near elevator. The hall extends a long way.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Latonya_13, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites of Mattoon! We are so glad you found value in our price for all of the extras we offer! We take pride in giving our guests the best and most comfortable accommodations possible. Whether traveling for business or leisure, we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We needed to stay in the area for over a week and this very clean ,newly renovated hotel made for a very pleasant stay. The exit is by Lakeland College and is not the main Mattoon exit, but the advantage is less traffic and noise. A McDonalds is across the street. We will stay here again in the future. For the price, it is one of the best Choice Hotels!
The front desk staff is efficient and friendly. When we had special requests, staff member Mike responded immediately and exceeded our expectations. Cora kept the way above average hot breakfast running smoothly with above and beyond service along with a smile. We especially enjoyed the delicious hash brown potatoes, bacon and sausage links. There were nice touches like 2 newspapers and flavored creamers for the coffee. The fresh fruit was always available too.
The large outdoor pool was heated and the kids loved it. The depth was great for children, 3-4 ft.range. Ample tables and lounge chairs made it comfortable for families.
The fitness room was modest, but had more equipment than the token 2 or 3 one often finds in a Choice hotel. I especially liked the stretch machine.
The lounge area was comfortable and great for visiting. The beds were comfortable. Showers great. Had a refrigerator and microwave. Internet was fast, good, and easy to access.

I only wish there were more hotels like this one. Traveling would be much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Room on the south side was quiet and sunny.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Latonya_13, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

First off, thank you so much for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites of Mattoon.
We are so glad you found our award winning staff to be helpful and friendly! I am thrilled that everything was above and beyond your expectations including our spacious outdoor pool area, our full hot breakfast & the state of the art fitness center! We would love to do business with you again very soon! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the wonderful and positive feedback! We here at the Quality love to see we are doing something right for our valued guests.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

New or newly remodeled hotel, not sure the conference center is functional yet. Clean, quiet rooms, heated outdoor pool, comfy bed, well lit bath, etc., all for less than $80 with tax!

If I could stay somewhere this nice, for this price, every night on the road, that would be fantastic.

Parking lot could use finished but maybe they just haven't got to that yet.

When through here again, I'll be staying!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Latonya_13, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites of Mattoon! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the bed and pool during your stay! We pride ourselves on our fair rates and extra value we offer through amenities. We hope we get the opportunity to do business with you again very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattoon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mattoon
#7 of 9 in Mattoon
Days Inn Charleston
Days Inn Charleston
#1 of 2 in Charleston

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!