“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We ordered pizza from Old Town Pizza and had it delivered. My only complaint is that it took an hour and five minutes to deliver the pizza on a Sunday night. When the pizza came it was warm, not hot, and needed to be heated in the microwave. The pizza was very tasty and had a very good crust...we ordered a thin crust pepperoni and sausage. We've ordered from almost all of the pizza places in McHenry and the surrounding areas over the last five years and by far this is one of the best pizza places. I highly recommend Old Town Pizza.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank TruthfulCritic85

Boston
“Better than Jake's”
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Last Saturday was my father's birthday, and he is in a nursing home in the Chicago area, and I live in the Boston area. I wanted to send him a pizza to cheer him up, but I needed a reliable place with good pizza. After an internet search, I found Old Town which happened to be 2 miles from the nursing home. YAY!!!!

My father's favorite pizza has always been the Western Special from the original Jake's in Mt. Prospect, Il. He says Old Town's pizza is as good, if not better than Jake's. That is quite an accomplishment, since he has been crabby about every pizza besides Jake's for over 40 years. I found that Old Town's Western Special had all the toppings he wanted.

When I called, Brian (the owner) answered. I told him I would pay via credit card, but the delivery person must deliver the pizza to my dad personally so it wouldn't go to the nurses' station and get to him cold (or with a piece missing because it smells so good). Brian was so friendly and easy to work with. He gave me his word that he personally spoke to the delivery person and gave him a direct order.

Within 30 minutes of my call, my father had a hot Western Special at his bedside for his birthday! The price was reasonable, and my father's visitors even commented how they were going to stop over there for their own pizza.

When I go back to the Chicago area and find myself in McHenry, I am going to Old Town and check it out for myself. I give 4 stars now because I haven't tasted the pizza yet. I will update after I try it in a couple months when I am there. In the meantime, I am going to order my dad a pizza at least twice a month from this place because I can trust this business to get my father the food I pay for in a timely manner. Great service!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank juliamudloff

Been to Old Town Pizza Co? Share your experiences!