“Not A Bad Hotel”
Review of Super 8 Mchenry

Super 8 Mchenry
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in McHenry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed for one night, because I was looking for a budget motel, and requested a smoking room. This particular room was nasty. Holes in the comforter, blanket and even the small bath towel you use to stand on coming out of the shower had holes in it. Mirror was cracked, most of the lights didn't work, hair in the shower, sofa chair arms were tattered, and coffee carafe was so scaled that I didn't even bother. Room needed paint badly. The person checking me in was asking me in an almost rude manner if I was bringing "someone else" into the room. It worked for the night but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Nardz
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have stayed a few super 8s. Most of them not clean and strong smelling pine forest. This one was not the case. Large room, clean. Grat price in the area. It was nice to have fresh made waffles within two minutes and free coffee.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mitch M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I had a long upgrade during a snow storm and then an earlier morning. Instead of driving home through the hazardous roads, I decided to stay her because it was close to work. There was nothing special about the rooms. The bed was low to the ground and the furnace was making loud noises through the night. It would have bothered me but I was so tired and I was only staying here for a few hours.

Though I didn’t actually see any, I was so afraid there were bed bugs all over this place. The rooms didn’t give out that clean feeling.

This place is old and needs a re-modeling badly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rmb0707
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We spent one night here in September, 2011 along with another couple (family members), so we had two rooms. On the good side: free wi-fi, comfortable beds, and acceptably clean room. On the down side: no screen in window so we could not leave the window open at night; upon check-in we were charged a higher price than quoted (we were told when we made the reservation that the price quoted would not match the confirmation email, but a note would be put in our reservation; since on arrival we did not have anything in writing, we were forced to pay a substantially higher price for both rooms), although there is a big no smoking sign at the entrance the downstairs hallway reeked of cigarette smoke (surprisingly, it did not permeate our ground floor room). Otherwise, the staff was very helpful and this is an ok place to stay if you don't plan to spend much time in the room.

Room Tip: Upstairs hallways did not have the cigarette smoke odor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Thanksalot
Also consider these accommodations in or near McHenry
Hampton Inn - McHenry
#1 of 4 in Crystal Lake
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Crystal Lake

Been to Super 8 Mchenry? Share your experiences!