“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McHenry
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
“Great stay”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stopped for a stay here at the Hampton Inn McHenry while traveling through the area. The hotel is in a nice area and the room was very modern and very clean. The breakfast was just ok as the eggs were the now common clumpy scrambled variety. The bacon was 99.99999999 fat with the tiniest slither of actual meat on the very ends. I had a nice apple and oj and was fine. I wouldn't mind staying here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I've been to a number of hotels and most of them I wouldn't go back to. The people at this hotel made my happiness feel like it was their job. From the time I called to make the reservation, the check in, the service during my stay, and everything in between-everything was top notch-My husband said he wants to stay there every night just for the bed! They did good and I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a big group and stayed on the 4th floor on the north side so we didn't bother anybody! It...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
tina f, General Manager at Hampton Inn - McHenry, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay and our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with our customer service! We take pride in our guests in providing them with the best customer serivce possible!
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

We had a sleep over here for my daughters Birthday last month. The room was nice enough, but there were several things that left us less than impressed. The first thing was an overwhelming amount of bugs in the pool area, I counted atleast 30...yuck. The other thing that was unlike any other Hampton I have stayed in was the breakfast delay. It said breakfast started at 6 am, but none of the hot items were out until 9:30 when almost all the guests had given up on waiting for them. Now, the staff was kind and the rooms and beds were comfortable, which is why this review has 2 stars instead of 1. I should also add that when the clerk asked us upon checkout how our stay was we were honest. With no further questions asked she informed us that she was very sorry and that these things were not typical for this hotel and she would be waiving our room fee for night. Overall, it was an okay experience, but I am not likely to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank altheaoleander
tina f, Manager at Hampton Inn - McHenry, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for selecting our hotel for your daughters birthday celebration. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definately keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definately take your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerly hope that you will give us another oppurtunity and stay with us next time you're in town.
Hanna City, Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel was very nice, from the rooms to the lobby/breakfast area. We had several hockey teams staying the weekend. We gathered in the breakfast area in the evenings bringing in pizza for the entire group. The staff was helpful as we were in need of plates, napkins, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I expected a decent place to stay for a couple of nights while visiting my sister. Given the price point---and that this is Hilton's economy brand---I did not expect to have more than just the basics. Well, they really outdid themselves! The place is beautifully decorated---tasteful, stylish and modern. Nice fireplace in the lobby. My room was huge; delicious bedding---welcoming, fluffy, and clean....love the duvet. My bathroom was very large, with a walk-in shower. Soft towels. The toiletries were great, and always replenished. The room was clean, clean, clean. The complimentary breakfast each day was generous, nicely laid out, and always replenished. The dining area was immaculate. Very good workout room. Clean and functional. When the TV clicker didn't seem to work, I picked up the house phone....a very pleasant young lady said she'd have it taken care of. I didn't expect much, but 45 seconds later, a maintenance person came into the room, with a new clicker in hand----and I could watch CNN while working out on the treadmill. All the amenities of the gym were fully stocked as well---water, clean towels, wipes. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The front desk staff were very pleasant. The hotel seemed pretty full, but I was never bothered by noise, which tells me that the rooms are built to be at least somewhat sound proof. I will definitely return to this hotel next time I am in the area. What a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Wonder Lake, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This was a great place to have a meeting!!! We are a group of ladies that stay for the whole weekend doing what we enjoy- scrapbooking... and every lady had a good experience with the hotel and staff. The group voted to come back to the hotel over the other three places we have stayed at. From the start to check out, the professionalism and friendliness was superb!!! Thank you!

Room Tip: If you like to be away from the elevators or ice machine, just ask and they will do their best.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We have stayed here several times, and find it to be very comfortable and reliable. The rooms have a good layout, with nice furniture and comfortable beds. The bathroom is nice. The lobby and breakfast area are cozy, and guests seem to enjoy hanging out there. The breakfast hours are 6-10 AM, which works well for those who need to eat early. I appreciate that, since some hotels don't start their hot breakfasts until 7:00. I also appreciate good, hot coffee and hot chocolate at any time of the day, which this hotel offers.

The only con this time was that there were bugs (lots of them) in the pool/hot tub area. Strange occurrence for this time of the year, and not something anyone wants to encounter at a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McHenry
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crystal Lake
Comfort Inn
#3 of 4 in Crystal Lake
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin

Been to Hampton Inn - McHenry? Share your experiences!