“Best Deep Fried Burger EVER!!!”

Ziggie's Family Room Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Mendota
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The family drove over an hour to eat Ziggie's breaded deep fried cheeseburger. They LOVED them. Others had: turkey club and spaghetti. Those were just as good too. Their sauce was very good and that is coming from an italian.

Everything seems to have a homemade taste. The cook was very speedy and the food was hot. The milk shakes were great too. They only have vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry but they use real ice cream.

The prices are great too! A family of six for dinner and milk shakes all around came to $58.

There are newer reviews for Ziggie's Family Room Restaurant

Reviewed 6 August 2013

For many years my father-in-law took us to this wonderful restaurant. He loved the biscuits and gravy!!!!!! The wonderful women who served him were always friendly and very caring. He has recently passed on but we still visit this restaurant because it's like haviing family around and the food is good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have only eaten here two times, but the meals are delicious, and the wait staff is very friendly and know what they are doing. The first time I ate here was with two friends, and I ordered a patty melt with fries, the fries were falling off the plate there were so many of them, and the patty melt was cooked to perfection. The second time I ate here was on my way home from Columbus, Ohio and I was traveling alone. I was getting tired on the interstate, but knew Ziggie's wasn't that far off the interstate in Mendota, IL so i made it a point to stop there and have a late lunch, rest a bit and get back on the road. It is always nice to see a waitress happy to see you there, then to have her toss the menu at you and ask "is there anything you need" like she wouldn't care if you were there or not. The waitresses here are NOT like that at all, they are very friendly, and very knowledgeable of the menu and what is good.
The food came out very fast, and if I ever get to Mendota again, I will make a point to stop in and have a bite to eat at Ziggie's again!!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We travel up and down I-39 often, and stop in Mendota for a bite frequently.
This trip, we drove past the fast food places for another two minutes to go to a "real" restaurant, Ziggies Family Room. This is a basic All-American diner: nothing fancy, but everything is good.
Clean, bright dining room. Friendly, fast but unhurried service. Large menu for a diner. Good burgers, waffles. Big portions. I thought the grilled liver and onions was the best I've had in years.
This is the kind of place that if some national news story ever happened in Mendota, the reporters would come to Ziggies' for the local angle.
So if you're crusing down I-39 and want some down home stick to the ribs food made right, take the extra mile and pass the fast-food joints and head to Ziggie's

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This restaurant has a nice homespun ambience. FOod is basic but serving sizes are large, so you won't leave hungry.