“Walked in and was greated with a smile!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota
Saint Joseph
“Walked in and was greated with a smile!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

After driving all day in the rain and a bit grumpy it was great to walk into this hotel with such a friendly staffer at the front desk. Her smiles were what lightened my mood & the fact she placed me in a room that was in a quiet location was wonderful. The rooms were a great size and a very nice flat screen television. A newer hotel with a nice bathroom & bedding were appreciated. A family diner across the street called Cindy's was awesome & gas station also next door so the location was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lisa P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Beautiful view of farmland. Wide open location. After driving 417 miles, it was nice to reach the hotel. Our room was very nice as was breakfast. Our grandchildren enjoyed swimming in the pool. If we are ever back in this area, we would definitely stay at this location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janice A
Kentucky
Reviewed 8 August 2013

pet friendly. very nice staff. pretty location. The view out our window was of a huge cornfield. clean but black bathtub just grossed me out. We reserved a king room. He said most people that have pets like ground floor but he had only Jacuzzi tubs or handicap rooms. Same price! chose Jacuzzi room because thought that would feel good after a long car ride but the black tub was not for me

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KentuckySam
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed 19 April 2013

When I stayed here, everything worked, the bed was comfortable. The pool was nice. I had it to myself. The wifi worked and was free. The breakfast was good. There was a belgian waffle iron which is a nice touch, and bacon.

Price was a little high for the area, otherwise I'd have given it 5 dots. I would stay again though.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My boyfriend and I shared room 126 on a Saturday night. The room was decent size and mostly in good shape. The one chair had the stuffing showing (pictured). There was a little wallpaper peeling going on in the bathroom, that I could have fixed if I'd had Elmer's glue with me. The "Hot Tub 2" that I booked the room for was an oversized bath tub with jets and was in the bathroom. It worked fine for us, but I guess I was hoping for a little bigger tub. Glad we aren't overweight guys. We could easily hear people walking around on the floor above us, but otherwise, it was pretty quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom were fine in most ways. My main complaint was that the card entry device on the door at the end of the hallway was gone (pictured) meaning that anyone could enter the motel at any time. I made sure not to leave any valuables in the room when we weren't there. I didn't like this at all. The breakfast was a cut above average and the motel staff couldn't have been more helpful and cooperative, from breakfast attendant to maids to front desk. I'd stay there again if they fixed the door lock.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 October 2012

If it weren't for the price of about a hundred a night, maybe I wouldn't expect everything to work properly. But it did cost that much, and so I was very disappointed when the Wifi didn't work, when the only lamp over the desk didn't work, when I had to plug my electronics in the bathroom's outlets because all of the other electrical outlets involved crawling on the floor and/or moving furniture. If you need to work at all at your hotel, don't choose this place. The room was fairly clean, although the hotel smelled funny, partly because of the pool. View of a farm field or parking lot, very roadside rural.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DataTravels
Waupaca
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We had always stayed at the Super 8 at this stop and it has gotten so terrible that we stayed across the highway at the Comfort Inn. What a delight! We liked it and the amenities that they offered, so we joined their motel group. This motel is nice and clean and no highway noise. The breakfast was good and a good variety. Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendota
Super 8 Mendota
Super 8 Mendota
#1 of 2 in Mendota
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Super 8 Peru Starved Rock State Park
Best Western Oglesby Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!