“Beautiful Gem”

Summers Riverview Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Metropolis B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We loved staying at this B&B. The hospitality and room were amazing! Pictures on the website don't even begin to show the elegance of the place. It was even more beautiful. My husband and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donna M
William N, Owner at Summers Riverview Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

My wife, Lori, and I are the new owners, June 10, 2015. We would love for you to stay at the Mansion again and enjoy the holidays.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This Bed and Breakfast was a wonderful little escape!! The house is a great historical building, every room has a Jacuzzi, fireplace, and claw foot tub, and breakfast is waiting for you when you get up. The casino and river are right across the street, and there is a restaurant a block over. The Inn keepers are helpful, friendly, and hospitable. My husband and I had never been to a bed and breakfast, but decided it would be a nice treat for our anniversary. It definitely was, and we will be back. It was very romantic, and we enjoyed our little haven. I would recommend this place to anyone!! Thank you to the owners for taking great pride and care in this wonderful house, and for allowing us the opportunity to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kellie N Chris J

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My husband and I stayed last weekend at this beautiful B&B. Delicious food, restful sleep, and fabulous historical building. Hope to enjoy this gem again soon! We really enjoyed the restaurants in the area and the Casino :)

Room Tip: I was so surprised that we could walk to the Casino and to great restaurants from here. Great weeke...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rhonda1962

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We happened to be visiting Paducah, Ky. for my wife Elizabeth's 50th year high school reunion, and for our last day before flying back to San Francisco, we decided to stay here because we had eloped to get married in Metropolis 42 years ago. The photos on the website do not completely do this Inn justice. What a magnificent place to stay! Gorgeous rooms, parlor, kitchen, history, and fabulous hosts Hank and Colleen. Hank cooked up a great breakfast, with scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt and great service. As we were watching television later, and having some fine wine and cheese, Hank brought up a plate of cookies and chocolates and strawberries for us - a complete surprise! If you are planning to visit Harrahs in Metropolis on the riverfront, do not stay at the Harrahs hotel if you can possibly get a room at Summers Riverview Mansion.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jimhilgendorf

Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you want a great place to just relax and have a good time this is it! You will feel like royalty here! It is quite here and you are well taken care of. You really have to see it to believe it! Thank you for the best experience that I have ever had!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ladyk63

Reviewed 2 August 2013

It was a wonderful experience. The rooms are beautiful. The neighborhood is great. I slept better than I have in a long time and to top it off....I just learned that my sister and brother were born in this house when it was a hospital. Can you beat that!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank M H

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here for one night -- the location is in a neighborhood near the casino parking lot and they were doing some construction on the street but the neighborhood seemed safe enough. The room was clean and well kept. The owners were very friendly and provided us everything we needed. The free juice and bottled water was a great thing!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family