“Seedy!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Seedy!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This my first totally negative review. Unfortunately I can't think of one nice thing to say about this place. Outside it smelled bad and the inside of the casinos literally stank. It looked dirty and well, just plain seedy. I put a dollar in a machine...and the machine was broken. We have been in several Harrah's so we were stunned at the poor condition of this one.

Visited June 2014

49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I never would have expected the wonderful surroundings if I have not experienced them for myself. Make it a date on your next trip in this area of the country, you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank SailinggirlMinnesota
Nashville, Tennessee
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Disappointed in this Casino :(”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Good: This is the closest casino to Nashville and it was great that it was a Harrah's - gimme my comps!; many areas are non-smoking, so it felt healthier than other smoke-filled casinos; there is a wide variety of games, many penny slots; waitresses were constantly coming around offering drinks.

Bad: People are losing A LOT here. I've never seen so many players betting $3 and $4 a spin on penny slots. Many of the decent penny slots are 40, 50 and 75 cents as minimum bets. I talked to many locals who said there are "bad" machines here. One local suggested that you watch which machines are the busiest before you lose all your money.

Security is quite intense here, as well. Everytime I turned around, security was around. I'm not sure if there has been a lot of crime here or what, but I suppose it makes some people feel safer?

As other reviewers have said, this place is run down. Many machines are in disrepair. Many don't function properly on the screen or sound. My vouchers got stuck, rather than ejecting, several times and I had to call employees to unjam them. I've not ever had that happen. Another local said the current riverboat that houses the casino was being sold and Harrah's is planning to move the casino itself into the hotel(?) Not sure how true this might be, but it might explain the lack of investment and maintenance of machines.

Ugly: Be prepared to lose quite a bit, as this is the tightest casino I've ever stepped foot in. It wasn't just that we were having a bad night. The nature of gambling is that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, I get that. However, machine after machine here would make a ton of noise, alarm bells, whistles, lights, sounds and you would win.....wait for it....wait for it.....5 cents, maybe 40 if you were lucky.

The payouts were the most measly I've ever seen and I've played slots in large casinos in Vegas and Atlantic City to tiny roadside casinos in small towns across the country. Never have I played so many machines that would tease for a bonus. Literally every machine I played would get two of the three symbols needed time after time. When you hit a win at a normal casino, typically there is a payout of at least a couple bucks. Here, even on a bonus, you'd win either nothing or a couple cents! It was honestly pretty ludicrous.

2 Thank Vagabond_Yogini
ROCK FALLS
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“The Buffet is a Must”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The buffet was fantastic. The roast beef was some of the best we have had. Of course with a buffet food is plentiful and varied. Well worth the price.
We are seniors so really enjoyed the nickel video polka. Staff was very good and helpful.

1 Thank SHARON J
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“A casino along the river”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a night, as it was the only thing available at the time on our long road from Georgia to Kansas City. The room was very nice and clean, and the bathroom very spacious. The beds were also quite comfortable. I can't say much for the view, as ours was of the parking lot, but even had we stayed on the other side, the view of the river is not one I would call majestic.

Still, though, the room was good as was the service. The food in the casino restaurant was passable. It is also kind of fun to have a whole casino to divert yourself if you do not feel like staying in your room. And to be frank, other than the Superman Statue, there is not much else but the casino that I would want to see here.

All in all, a decent place to sleep for the night when on a long road trip, but not a place I would specifically travel to.

Visited July 2013