“The RITZ!”

Harrah's Metropolis
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Metropolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Boy, I was blown away! I've never stayed in a fancy hotel. I'm used to one nighters in motels along my route. WOW! I was in HEAVEN! Top notch service, style, amenities and the view of the river was beautiful! 6' bathtub and separate toilet areas! For the inexpensive price, I would always plan my trip through Metropolis if I could stay here! CJ at the front desk answered all my novice questions and everyone was so courteous, alert and attentive greeting us where ever we were! Wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side as high in the building as possible for a great view!
1  Thank shovo59
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Metropolis

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have been going to this hotel and casino for a few years now, It's hotel is very clean and 9 out of 10 times I've gotten the room that I needed when traveling there.Their casino isn't as big as bigger city casinos but it brings in a good crowd. The workers there are very helpful from management to the beverage servers. My last visit I got to talk to the staff and they shared stories of big winners to their personal stories of how they liked working there, I even had management try to explain how to play table games which I really want to learn to play. I won a little on the trip which really made it a great time but watching a mother and daughter spend quality time screaming and laughing together made it a much greater time. Even though we go to casinos with the intentions of winning jackpots or even breaking even, there is nothing like people smiling , laughing and just having fun in general. So the next time you are in this area, stop on in to the Hotel and casino in Metropolis IL, where they have good eating and enjoy some excitment with friends and family. You never know you might just hit a jackpot ,some extra money or break even. Im sure if you just relax you can have a great time!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I chose Harrah's in Metropolis because the room was cheap and we were traveling from Chicago to Nashville looking for a fun place to stay. Since we don't gamble, we were bored. There wasn't even a sports bar in the hotel so we really didn't have anything at all to do.

I thought the food would be cheap, but we went to the steak house and it was very expensive. The other two places might be affordable. The food was very good though.

The king room was extremely nice, well appointed, free wi-fi. I probably won't stay there again because the town was dead and there just wasn't anything for a non-gamblers to do.

But if you gamble, I highly recommend it. The staff was great and the room was very nice.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The room was fabulously clean and the staff was friendly. The bathroom was huge and gorgeous but an exhaust fan would have helped keep the mirror clear from steam. I checked the site for a weekday stay and found a great deal. I saved more money by taking advantage of a promotion they advertised on the site. All said, we paid $52 for a king room for the night. I didn't go there to gamble so I truly got a heck of a deal.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We got a free room with our gambling, and i meanto tell you it was the nicest free room i have ever gotten! The beds are so comfortable, and fluffy! The bathrooms are super large and beautiful, great hotel, and lots of fun gambling!!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Wow I was totally impressed with this Hotel. Room was beautiful and roon service until 4am...what more can you ask for. I felt very comforable and safe. You could not go up to the hotel floor without a key. If you are not a resident you have no access. The gambing was great & fun.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We booked a room at Harrahs Hotel online when we discovered the price was about $50 (which included taxes and fees), less than most any motel in the area. It was a stay-over point during 2 days of travel. Because the price was quite low we weren't expecting a lot but this place really exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious and gorgeous with what appeared to be an oversized king bed. The bathroom was two rooms with a tub so huge it took what seemed forever to fill it. Elegant details like marble countertops, fancy window coverings and bedding gave the feel of being in 5 star hotel.

We didn't use the valet parking or in-room safe but were probably charged for it considering the high room service fee.

We liked the place so much that we wanted to stay again on the return trip 10 days later but were quoted a price that was about 10 times what we had paid on a Wednesday. Apparently the demand goes up on Friday and Saturday nights so try the place on a weekday if possible unless you don't mind paying several hundred a night.

While we didn't take advantage of it, the casino has a restaurant with a low cost ($8.99) breakfast buffet. There's a low cost dinner buffet also. Signing up for the casino's rewards card will get you free buffet coupons even if you don't decide to gamble in the casino. There was also a coupon for another stay at the hotel for just $19.95 if the stay is a weekday (Sun thru Thurs.) It needed to be used within a month or so however.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a view of the river.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Northwoodsman52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metropolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Metropolis
Super 8 Metropolis
Super 8 Metropolis
#3 of 6 in Metropolis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paducah
Auburn Place Hotels and Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Paducah
Paducah Inn Boutique Hotel

Been to Harrah's Metropolis? Share your experiences!