“A Budget Beauty !!!”

Premier Inn Llandudno (Glan-Conwy) Hotel
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I chose this hotel for a weekend in North Wales with family , when I looked to check out its situation the site said that it was opposite a petrol station so I was a bit wary that it might be awful and industrial ; couldn't had been more wrong .
The hotel is busy but quietly placed opposite a beautiful hillside complete with roaming Welsh ponies , a lovely view . Plenty of parking , great restaurant and spacious rooms . Staff that go out of their way to assist in any way necessary to make a stay a happy one .
I have stayed in an independent hotel in Deganwy that costs 4 times as much , the view over the estuary was memorable but if you need that hit you can always go there for lunch , for me , I will always pick this hotel when I go to Conwy , it has everything I need .

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the hillside .
1  Thank 1956BarbaraT

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in this Premier Inn for 2 nights, using it as a base to explore the wonderful Conwy and the surrounding countryside. It is ideally located off the main A55, and is close to the coast and many other local attractions.
The rooms were spotlessly clean, comfortable (if slightly on the warm side), and had all the amenities you'd expect. It has an adjoining Brewers Fayre pub/restaurant but noise is not an issue.
One point to note is the absolute fantastic staff who added to the lovely, welcoming atmosphere. Nothing was too much trouble and they were an absolute delight. Well done Premier Inn- highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at Premier Inn Glan Conwy for one night before moving to Deganwy Quays Hotel the following day for a wedding and overnight stay. Pleasantly surprised at the quality and ambience of this budget Hotel. Great place to accommodate families.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed at the Premier Inn near Llandudno Junction recently, whilst attending a friends wedding nearby for the weekend.

Arrived by train at about 13:15 and we opted to walk to the hotel, which is on the outskirts of town next to the A55 dual carriageway. It didn't take long, about 25 minutes at the maximum once you have negotiated the roundabout! Although the location was fine for us being summer, it is worth noting that you wouldn't want to do this walk in the dark/late at night.

As we got to reception prior to 14:00 check in wasn't officially open, however the staff on duty did establish our rooms had been cleaned and we could get in slightly earlier. This was very handy and saved us a wait allowing us to continue with the afternoon.

The room we stayed in was on the first floor of the annex building and was of typical Premier Inn standard, double bed and one single. There was a large flatscreen TV and plenty of tea/coffee, however the only let down for us was the bathroom. Instead of a proper toilet roll, there was only a dispenser with single 'square sheets', which you had to take a lot of for any effect. Even Travelodge hotels have toilet roll, so just a suggestion going forward.

We took a bus from outside the hotel to nearby Colwyn Bay (£3.00 for a single ticket) and also visited Rhyl and Llandudno on the Friday evening which were all easily accessible by road/rail.

Slept very well on both nights and didn't hear any exterior noise, even given the close proximity to the nearby road.

In addition there is also a restaurant/bar next door, which we used on Sunday morning for coffees.

Lastly if you are staying here and do not have a car, it's worth using the local taxi firm 'Castle Cabs (Conwy)'. They always arrived on time and to the railway station the fare is about £3.50 so very reasonably priced with friendly drivers too.

If I were to ever be in the area again, I would choose to stay at this establishment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff such nice helpful people couldn't be more welcoming, the rooms spotless, beds very comfortable ,plenty of towels provided ,tea tray well stocked ,cups clean, and kettles descaled , quite nights sleep .

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I rang 6 weeks before arrival to book a table for dinner in the conservatory. I paid a £10 deposit as there were 6 people in my party. Upon my arrival I found that a table had been reserved in another part of the dining room opposite the toilets. I asked to be moved and as there was an empty table in the conservatory we were seated there. I asked to speak to the manageress who informed me that they could not guarantee a table in the conservatory and I should have been informed of this at the time of booking. When I tried to explain that a notice saying 'this table is reserved from 6 pm' could be placed on the table earlier she would not listen and became quite argumentative. It was embarrassing as the other diners were listening to her. This was a special occasion with my family and friends and they were very disappointed with her attitude. I did fill in a complaint form and hand it in to a member of staff - it says that I will be contacted within 48 hours. It is now 4 days and no response.

1  Thank AWOODTheMidlands
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here on a brief visit to North Wales and were pleased with the choice. Its easy parking and the room was spacious and clean. We had breakfast which was very good and we left feeling refreshed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
#22 of 60 in Llandudno
Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
#14 of 60 in Llandudno

Been to Premier Inn Llandudno (Glan-Conwy) Hotel? Share your experiences!