“Spotless, dog friendly, price was right. See my photos”
Review of Motel 6 Minonk

Motel 6 Minonk
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Minonk
New London, Ohio
“Spotless, dog friendly, price was right. See my photos”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The desk clerk was a very friendly young lady that welcomed me and my little 4 lb chihuahua. I was given a room near the lobby as I requested. As any dog owner knows, dogs can enter a room, sniff and tell if another dog has been naughty on the carpet or corner of furniture. My little dog paid no attention, giving this motel a clean bill of health. I rested well, even the pillows were fluffy...see photo. I recommend this Motel 6.

Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Carol50733

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Williford, Arkansas
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I have stopped at this Motel every year twice a year on my way to Wisconsin and have always been welcome, the staff loves to play with my little Yorkie and she is happy to have attention after a long drive, and I always get a room near the door, so I can take the dog out as necessary. The rooms are clean and the staf are wonderful!!!

• Stayed June 2010
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed 17 December 2010

The Staff is friendly and helpful. They really made me welcome and made sure I was satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 December 2010

4th review for Trip Advisor. I had also stayed at this motel in November, so yes I have, and will return.
Checked in and out without an issue, I never make reservations anywhere so not sure how they are for that.
It is the typical Motel 6 room with two beds and about three feet between the beds. The place is clean and is one of those that has the bathtub at an angle in the corner of the bathroom. But like a lot of motels, it doesn't have a fan in the bathroom so there is some rust. Bed is good, didn't notice the springs on this one.
Free Wi-Fi, a rare perk for a Motel 6, Truck parking is on the grass, I almost got stuck last time so both times I've parked on the street. The family restaurant is our usual place to eat, did last time, this time I was running late and ate before I got there.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Had WiFi in the room after trying a few areas in the room. Not a strong connection, but enough for my work. AC unit somewhat noisy but did not bother my sleep. Staff was attentive and friendly. Simple room.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank teamfyr
Basswood Grove, MN
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I've stayed here a number of times, and it's always been a perfectly adequate and clean place to spend the night, plus a great value ($39) just off the freeway.

Is this a vacation stop? No. It's a Motel 6 in the middle of an Illinois corn field with a tasty (cheap) truck stop restaurant across the parking lot, and a friendly automotive repair shop that fixed my muffler before my kids woke up.

There's no in-room coffee, no little shampoo bottles, no swimming pool, and no free breakfast with annoying families elbowing their way to the waffle maker in jammies and bare feet. It's a comfy bed in a clean room with cable tv and free wireless.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ElevatorBaybies
Southwest
Reviewed 28 December 2008

On the plus side, this hotel has lots of vending machines. That is about it. <>
The rooms are adequate, but do not come with shampoo or a clock. These are very helpful necessities. I do not bring my own alarm clock with me, so I had to rely on the wakeup call and my cell phone clock. The rooms smelled like smoke vaguely and there were not enough towels. The towels were also very small. The T.V had a few channels and that was fine with me, because we luckily were not spending a lot of time there. The beds were comfortable, although when we got into our rooms it was 54 degrees!!! The guy at the front desk had difficulty with english, and was not there when we turned in our roomkeys upon leaving. Nobody was there actually. He didn't look very professional either. I couldn't tell whether he was an employee or patron when we checked in. <>
I guess my main beef is that it wasn't worth the 50+ dollars a night per person. I would have been happier at a classier hotel even if I had to pay a few more dollars. The scrimping on the basics was very noticeable.

• Liked — lots of vending machines
  • Disliked — service was poor, and no clocks , shampoo, ... essentials in room
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Biancaa

Travellers are raving about these Minonk hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minonk
Relax Inn
Super 8 Washington/Peoria Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Pontiac

Been to Motel 6 Minonk? Share your experiences!