“Inexpensive”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Minonk
Wisconsin
“Inexpensive”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stopped at this Motel 6 right off the freeway. We met just one staff member who was nice enough, he even gave us a $5 discount. I generally an happy to stay at bare necessity hotels as long as they are clean.

We noticed there were many construction workers staying at the hotel the night we arrived and maybe that affects our experience. Firstly, the exterior of the hotel is pleasant. The interior was not well made. The elevator was really slow and jerked abit, carpeting not finished nicely - not a deal breaker yet - when we got to our room it looked fine at first glance.

The cons:
The carpeting was dirty. It looked like someone had put dirty work boots on the carpet and it had never been cleaned. The door handle had dirt on it - it took me about 1 minute of scrubbing with the wash cloth to get it clean. The window sill had a smear of dirt (?) on it and chipped paint with possibly a 2x2 inch spot of mold. Only two towels proved for 2 double beds. We did not notify the front desk as it seemed to be a theme rather then a missed item, though I can't say if this would be true of all the rooms.

Pros:
Price was very good.
Free coffee in lobby in the morning.
Bathroom was clean.
Bed sheets clean.
No bad odors in the room.
T.V. with 15 or so channels.
It was quiet.

Room Tip: Ask to view your room first.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank traveler53719

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New London, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The desk clerk was a very friendly young lady that welcomed me and my little 4 lb chihuahua. I was given a room near the lobby as I requested. As any dog owner knows, dogs can enter a room, sniff and tell if another dog has been naughty on the carpet or corner of furniture. My little dog paid no attention, giving this motel a clean bill of health. I rested well, even the pillows were fluffy...see photo. I recommend this Motel 6.

Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Carol50733
Williford, Arkansas
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I have stopped at this Motel every year twice a year on my way to Wisconsin and have always been welcome, the staff loves to play with my little Yorkie and she is happy to have attention after a long drive, and I always get a room near the door, so I can take the dog out as necessary. The rooms are clean and the staf are wonderful!!!

• Stayed June 2010
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed 17 December 2010

The Staff is friendly and helpful. They really made me welcome and made sure I was satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 December 2010

4th review for Trip Advisor. I had also stayed at this motel in November, so yes I have, and will return.
Checked in and out without an issue, I never make reservations anywhere so not sure how they are for that.
It is the typical Motel 6 room with two beds and about three feet between the beds. The place is clean and is one of those that has the bathtub at an angle in the corner of the bathroom. But like a lot of motels, it doesn't have a fan in the bathroom so there is some rust. Bed is good, didn't notice the springs on this one.
Free Wi-Fi, a rare perk for a Motel 6, Truck parking is on the grass, I almost got stuck last time so both times I've parked on the street. The family restaurant is our usual place to eat, did last time, this time I was running late and ate before I got there.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Had WiFi in the room after trying a few areas in the room. Not a strong connection, but enough for my work. AC unit somewhat noisy but did not bother my sleep. Staff was attentive and friendly. Simple room.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank teamfyr
Basswood Grove, MN
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I've stayed here a number of times, and it's always been a perfectly adequate and clean place to spend the night, plus a great value ($39) just off the freeway.

Is this a vacation stop? No. It's a Motel 6 in the middle of an Illinois corn field with a tasty (cheap) truck stop restaurant across the parking lot, and a friendly automotive repair shop that fixed my muffler before my kids woke up.

There's no in-room coffee, no little shampoo bottles, no swimming pool, and no free breakfast with annoying families elbowing their way to the waffle maker in jammies and bare feet. It's a comfy bed in a clean room with cable tv and free wireless.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ElevatorBaybies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minonk
Days Inn El Paso
Days Inn El Paso
#2 of 2 in El Paso
Super 8 EL Paso IL
Super 8 EL Paso IL
#1 of 2 in El Paso
Americas Best Value Inn- Wenona

Been to Motel 6 Minonk? Share your experiences!