“Fantastic find in Moline”

Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Brantford, Canada
“Fantastic find in Moline”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during a work trip. It is a 5-minute drive to the John Deere World Headquarters. The hotel is situation on what is essentially a dead end street. There are a number of restaurants nearby, as well as a mall and shopping areas.

The hotel is BEAUTIFUL in comparison to others I've stayed in. Rooms are clean, nicely decorated and have a desk and living area (including a sofa bed, chair recliner and TV that swivels). I had a room that didn't have a separate bedroom, but it had a king bed and the TV turned to face either the living room OR the bed. The bed was VERY comfortable. The room had a kitchen with a full fridge, microwave and a 2-burner hot plate. Dishes and a dishwasher are also provided. A small dining table with 2 chairs flanks the kitchen.

Rooms were quiet, as were the hallways. There was free wifi, which was spotty during peak times, but I didn't have trouble watching shows online or listening to streaming satellite radio. The staff were VERY friendly and helpful. I needed to call someone to fix the toilet and they had someone there within minutes. The pool area and workout room appeared to be nice, although I didn't have time to use either.

There is a full breakfast served, including both hot and cold items. The hotel also serves guests a dinner during the week. The first night they served(both beef and veggie), along with salad, nacho chips & salsa and 2 glasses of beer, white wine or red wine (per person). The second night was a pasta (both meat and vegetarian), garlic breadsticks and salad. I'm told this was all brought in by a local Italian restaurant. The meals aren't anything to write home about, but they're hot and sure hit the spot after a long day when you don't feel like going out somewhere...or eating at a restaurant alone.

I would definitely recommend this to fellow Deere employees, or anyone that needs a quiet, comfy hotel for the night.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back face a small pond area. Although I thought this would be nice, I never once looke...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CDNJehn
Carole C, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 26 February 2017
Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a clean comfortable hotel in Moline IL., just down the road from the airport and the John Deere Headquarters. The staff seems to really want me to enjoy my stay. When I had a small issue, the Manager came to my room to take a look, even though she was late to meet her husband for dinner. I kind of felt guilty to delay her, but she wanted to help.

I have stayed here for approximately six weeks over the past three years. The rooms are clean and comfortable, complete with granite counters, decent contemporary furniture, big flat screen TV, etc. The gym, hot tub, pool and all are good enough to stay here for a while. No complaints. There is even an outdoor basketball court. I have not used that, but it looks good. There is breakfast every day and a free dinner Mon-Wed. The breakfast is pretty good and the dinner is OK if you don't want to go out. I would go out.

There is a big microwave oven, small electric cooktop, decent sized fridge with ice maker, hair dryer, clothes iron, etc. I have used all except for the cooktop.

The things I don't like is the speed of the free wireless. It is substandard in my book. If you have any kind of large data movement up or down, it bogs down. Do not try to look at a You Tube video. It will buffer repeatedly. My other beef is the inability to keep the room HVAC fan on all the time. It's on/off all the time. It can be disruptive to sleep. When I inquired about this, they told me it can't be done. I can leave my home furnace fan on all the time, why can't I do it here? The thermostat has a fan "ON" position, but it does nothing.

As far as location, it's good if your business is on the IL side of the Mississippi river. If not, I would stay at the Residence Inn on the Iowa side of the Quad Cities because there are a lot more and better places to eat out/shop, etc.

This is a good place to stay and could be even better. Stay with confidence.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Carole C, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 14 September 2016
Thank you for your kind words and staying with us.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights when we first arrived into town after relocating from the west coast. The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating when we requested a first floor room. When we told them we were traveling with our dogs they quickly provided us with bags of goodies for them.

This seems to be a newer hotel, as the room seemed brand new. Very spacious with two full bedrooms with attached baths, living/dining area and fully appointed kitchen.

Breakfast was excellent and the attendant was very friendly and helpful. They also have a social hour in the evening with snacks.

I would highly recommend this hotel for extended stay, business travel, out of town guests, etc. Parking is free and convenient. Only drawback was the $75 pet charge. We were limited on where we could stay because of the dogs so we didn't have much choice.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We love to hear back from our guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

The bed and pillows were comfortable and provided a great nights sleep. The room is big, has a full kitchen and full sized refrigerator. Great for one night or an extended stay. Has a desk area with a good desk chair. Staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was very good. Location is great. Close to shopping, restaurants, interstates, and airport. Didn't have time to use the pool, hot tub, or fitness room. Was very quiet in the room. Won't go wrong staying here.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you!!We love that we can offer the full size refrigerators in all the suites-it does make a difference. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Glen Cove, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed at this particular Marriott hotel during a short trip in September. if I could have my own place-- I would model it after the room I stayed in here. Great comfy bed, well furnished kitchen, living area is spacious-
For the person who prefers to cook for themselves-IINSTEAD OF ORDER OUT- the kitchen is great! There is nothing plastic to be found- all the dishes and glasses are real glass, and the flatware is real stuff--such a shame I didnt' have time to really use the entire kitchen!
there was one t.v in my room, BUT it sewivled so I could either watch it from the sofa, OR my bed- TOUGH CALL!!
the staff always greated me by name when I left or arrived. They had an answer for every question I asked.
A continental breakfast was served every morning--THERE IS NOTHING THEY DIDN'T SERVE! I wish I had a bigger appitite! the lobby has windows all over, so the natural light is great to sit and watch the big screen, or just hang out.
the pool is good sized- RAN OUT OF TIME TO USE IT- hallways are well lit. I never felt scared or worried about my safety. My wake up calls were on time and pleasant to listen to--
I will definitly stay here again-- I want my next place designed around this room.

Room Tip: there is no bad room at this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind words and Thank you for staying with us.
St. Augustine FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

This is my first choice for hotels in the QC area. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. As one reviewer mentioned the channels are limited, but it sounds like they will be adding HD and more channels.

Close to I74 and close to the airport.

Stayed for four nights and this week and I will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Very nice staff and the rooms are updated. I also stayed there last year and it seems the quality of the food for social hour has declined. Also the TV channel variety is very limited. Seemed geared towards men, Several ESPN channels & spike tv out of the few channels they have. Internet speed is very slow, takes forever to download a simple picture. However it's seems like one of the best hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank marriottgoldmember12
Carole C, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am so please you think we have a nice hotel-we agree. I am sorry you felt the TV channels were limited but I have great news-we have been approved for addittional channels and will be one of the first Residence Inns to offer HD with DVR in every suite. You will have more channels and also be able to record your favorite shows to view whenever you want. We are very excited about this and hope you will ejoy this added feature on your next vsit to the Quad Cities. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.