“AJGA Quad Cities Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Moline
austin
“AJGA Quad Cities Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Great hotel, new feel, rooms are spacious and their breakfast is pretty good overall. A great place to stay in Quad Cities area. Great parking area and proximity to room locations. Indoor pool and Jacuzzi along with outdoor fire pit area and grill.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carole C, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 9 November 2016
Thank you for your feedback, your kind words are sure appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cedar Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a great newer property that is in a nice quiet area of the city, yet very convenient to the interstate. The rooms are very bright and clean, and the staff attentive to any need you may have. There isn't an attached restaurant, but there are several in the area. There is a complimentary breakfast that is very good however. I'd highly recommend if you're in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carole C, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us. We are blessed to have this location; When guests call to make reservations; we tell them "We can see John Deere Road from here but we can not hear John Deere Road" We are close enough to be convenient for our guests. I will share your compliments with the staff and again, Thank You!
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I was just passing through Moline and needed a place to stay for 1 night and this Residence Inn was a great value for the price. I didn't have high expectations; I don't expect 5 star service and hotel amenities when paying a much cheaper price. The room was big (as most Residence Inn's are) with a kitchen, living area, and bedroom. Everything was spotless with a comfortable bed.

For what you pay, I feel you this is a great value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert W
Thank you for staying with us and your praise.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have never written a bad review of a hotel, but my experience with this staff was awful. We arrived late and had driven through a snow storm, so we were tired. We were travelling with our two children (11 & 13), and as we were pulling out the couch to make the bed, we found it full of cracker crumbs. It was late, so we cleaned it up and made the bed. I went in to take a shower, and when I came out my husband asked if I had left my underwear on the floor. It turns out that someone had left a large pair of men's briefs in the bathroom!!! This, combined with the condition of the couch made me worried that the room had not been cleaned, so I called the front desk and asked them to move us to another room. The night front desk woman was very apologetic and immediately moved us to another room. Unfortunately, it was a big smaller than the first one, and that one was even smaller than what I thought I had initially booked, but it was midnight at this point, so we just went to bed.

So I realize no one is perfect, and overall, the hotel looks very clean. However, I did think this was a big mistake, and I spoke to the front desk person about it in the morning, initially asking for the manager, but she was not in over the weekend. I did ask the front desk woman to upgrade us to a larger room as an accommodation for the inconvenience, and she not only refused, but suggested that they were actually my underwear and I did not recognize them (they were actually a very large pair of men's briefs). I told her she was mistaken, and asked for her manager to contact me directly. The hotel manager never contacted me. I only received a message on my phone answering machine from the front desk person that she would remove $20.00 from my bill for the inconvenience. I was not interested in the $20.00, especially after she suggested I was a liar.

This was a mistake that could easily have been resolved with better customer service, but I did not even rate a phone call from the manager. I would not recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Carole C, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
First of all, I appreciate your feedback and please accept my apologies that we did not give you the great service you expect from a Marriott Residence Inn. I was not aware of the problem and was not given a message to give you a call. I am pleased that the Guest Service Agent moved to you another room on Friday night and again, I am very sorry the other Guest Service Agent made you feel uncomfortable. I have met with her and coached her on better ways to handle guest concerns. Our AGM did leave you a message regarding the adjustment on your room and she is sorry that she was not able to reach you to apologize in person.
We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us and again, I am sorry you had a problem. If you are headed back this way-please contact me directly and I will personally make sure you get Great Customer Service.
Thank you.
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during a work trip. It is a 5-minute drive to the John Deere World Headquarters. The hotel is situation on what is essentially a dead end street. There are a number of restaurants nearby, as well as a mall and shopping areas.

The hotel is BEAUTIFUL in comparison to others I've stayed in. Rooms are clean, nicely decorated and have a desk and living area (including a sofa bed, chair recliner and TV that swivels). I had a room that didn't have a separate bedroom, but it had a king bed and the TV turned to face either the living room OR the bed. The bed was VERY comfortable. The room had a kitchen with a full fridge, microwave and a 2-burner hot plate. Dishes and a dishwasher are also provided. A small dining table with 2 chairs flanks the kitchen.

Rooms were quiet, as were the hallways. There was free wifi, which was spotty during peak times, but I didn't have trouble watching shows online or listening to streaming satellite radio. The staff were VERY friendly and helpful. I needed to call someone to fix the toilet and they had someone there within minutes. The pool area and workout room appeared to be nice, although I didn't have time to use either.

There is a full breakfast served, including both hot and cold items. The hotel also serves guests a dinner during the week. The first night they served(both beef and veggie), along with salad, nacho chips & salsa and 2 glasses of beer, white wine or red wine (per person). The second night was a pasta (both meat and vegetarian), garlic breadsticks and salad. I'm told this was all brought in by a local Italian restaurant. The meals aren't anything to write home about, but they're hot and sure hit the spot after a long day when you don't feel like going out somewhere...or eating at a restaurant alone.

I would definitely recommend this to fellow Deere employees, or anyone that needs a quiet, comfy hotel for the night.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back face a small pond area. Although I thought this would be nice, I never once looke...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CDNJehn
Carole C, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you.
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a clean comfortable hotel in Moline IL., just down the road from the airport and the John Deere Headquarters. The staff seems to really want me to enjoy my stay. When I had a small issue, the Manager came to my room to take a look, even though she was late to meet her husband for dinner. I kind of felt guilty to delay her, but she wanted to help.

I have stayed here for approximately six weeks over the past three years. The rooms are clean and comfortable, complete with granite counters, decent contemporary furniture, big flat screen TV, etc. The gym, hot tub, pool and all are good enough to stay here for a while. No complaints. There is even an outdoor basketball court. I have not used that, but it looks good. There is breakfast every day and a free dinner Mon-Wed. The breakfast is pretty good and the dinner is OK if you don't want to go out. I would go out.

There is a big microwave oven, small electric cooktop, decent sized fridge with ice maker, hair dryer, clothes iron, etc. I have used all except for the cooktop.

The things I don't like is the speed of the free wireless. It is substandard in my book. If you have any kind of large data movement up or down, it bogs down. Do not try to look at a You Tube video. It will buffer repeatedly. My other beef is the inability to keep the room HVAC fan on all the time. It's on/off all the time. It can be disruptive to sleep. When I inquired about this, they told me it can't be done. I can leave my home furnace fan on all the time, why can't I do it here? The thermostat has a fan "ON" position, but it does nothing.

As far as location, it's good if your business is on the IL side of the Mississippi river. If not, I would stay at the Residence Inn on the Iowa side of the Quad Cities because there are a lot more and better places to eat out/shop, etc.

This is a good place to stay and could be even better. Stay with confidence.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carole C, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 14 September 2016
Thank you for your kind words and staying with us.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights when we first arrived into town after relocating from the west coast. The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating when we requested a first floor room. When we told them we were traveling with our dogs they quickly provided us with bags of goodies for them.

This seems to be a newer hotel, as the room seemed brand new. Very spacious with two full bedrooms with attached baths, living/dining area and fully appointed kitchen.

Breakfast was excellent and the attendant was very friendly and helpful. They also have a social hour in the evening with snacks.

I would highly recommend this hotel for extended stay, business travel, out of town guests, etc. Parking is free and convenient. Only drawback was the $75 pet charge. We were limited on where we could stay because of the dogs so we didn't have much choice.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us. We love to hear back from our guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.