“Just Okay”

Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am a Marriott Gold member and typically a big fan of their Residence Inn properties. This one worked for us, but disappointed in a couple areas. We stayed here with our travel baseball team while in town for a tournament. I suggested this hotel based on my previous experience with Marriott Residence Inns. We booked 8 rooms here over the weekend.

Good:
Rooms were fine. Clean and typical nice large rooms you usually find in a residence inn.

Common areas - large, well decorated, nice and clean for gathering.

Breakfast - good and the staff was nice and accommodating

Disappointing
Front desk staff - hardly got a smile anytime I stopped by and had to wait twice for the lady at the front desk to finish a conversation with a staff member before she could help. Too often seemed like a bother to answer a question. Our team manager was denied a 1/2 hour late checkout. Understand they need time to get rooms ready, but really - we booked 8 rooms for the weekend, maybe a little extra effort?? Night-time staff was nicer in general.

Pool - the kids complained of very strong chlorine that made it almost unusable

Firepit - didn't work. Would have been nice for gathering the group at nights.

I can overlook the pool and firepit as one-off issues, but don't have much use for a less than helpful or friendly staff. Especially when a gold member who stays 60 nights a year at Marriott books 8 rooms for a weekend. We will be looking elsewhere next year when booking for our baseball team as this was a common sentiment among our team parents (a very easy-to-please group).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Megan T, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay and I want to assure you that we take providing the best possible customer service very seriously here at the Residence Inn. I do appreciate you bring this to our attention and we will act accordingly in that matter. I do hope you will consider us the next time you're in town and allow us to show you the high level of care we have for all of our guests. Again thank you for bringing this to our attention and I appreciate your time.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice Hotel New, indoor pool (closed not sure why), bfast & dinner. Good suites. Fairly quiet area. Would recommend. Staff courteous. about 5 miles from Rock Island Arsenal. Wal Mart close by. Good for business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Megan T, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your review and also thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and took the time to review our property. I hope you will consider us for your next trip to the Quad City area.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a great hotel, very clean, the staff is very nice and it's very quiet even though it is close to many different attractions. Our 2 bedroom suite was great. We were on a family trip, and it was nice to have two bedrooms with separate bathrooms and a common sitting are where we could talk. Beds were clean and comfortable, and the bathrooms were clean as well. Pricing was good too. We loved it and will stay here again. Only two very minor complaints which didn't take away from the experience at all. First, the pool looked gross. I think the liner or bottom is stained, but it looked murky. We did notify maintenance and he quickly checked it and the pH levels and he said it was all good. Just seemed dirty, but it was probably stained. Second, when we checked in we were not notified that if we had the "recharging" sign on our door past 9am our room wouldn't be cleaned. I had put it up the night before, but we were up and getting ready by 7am, had I known about that, I would have taken the sign down as soon as we got up. But I called the front desk and Rosemary brought me several clean towels and a bar of soap (we didn't have a bath soap in our room) and offered to empty our trash. Very nice. Also, the free breakfast is AWESOME. They have so many different things and they are all delicious. We really, really loved this hotel and will definitely be back the next time we are coming to the Quad Cities area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We take pride in providing the best customer service to all of our guests and I'm pleased we met your expectations. I am sorry we could not get your room serviced the one day, I do apologize but am happy that Rosemary was able to help you. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

In Quad Cities area for daughter's wedding. Close to where the event was held. Studio room was very nice! Big suite with full kitchen with stove, large frig & dishes. Clean & nice decor. Expensive, but we enjoyed the perks of the studio room. Good breakfasts with many choices. Pleasant front desk. We were resting when cleaning arrived. Asked if she could come back later & instead she handed me clean toweling & took away our soiled towels & emptied the trash baskets. We appreciated her accomidating us. We would stay here again if we were staying longer in order to use the full kitchen more.

Room Tip: Only complaint=too cool in breakfast area & lounge! 2nd floor near exit was quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay during your daughter's wedding and we are happy to have served you. Please keep us in mind for any trips that would bring you back to the Quad City area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have spent many weekend trips to the quad cities with a stay in this hotel. It is always clean, and staff is so friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to everyone! Good value for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherry S

Thank you for your great review. We take pride in providing the best possible service to all of our guests and I am pleased we are continually doing that. Thank you for staying with us while you are in the Quad City area and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

-Slow internet
-Worn accommodations
-Wrinkled sheets with hair on pillows...felt like the sheets hadn't been changed since last guest left
-Dirty hand towel...had lotion on it from last guest
-Toothpaste residue on bathroom mirror
-Awkward receptionist
-Decent breakfast...lone redeeming factor

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travel83HP
Carole C, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel. I want to ensure you that we value every guest that stays with us and I am sorry we did not meet our high expectations during your stay with us. I appreciate you letting us know so that we may address the situation with our staff to ensure we are always giving the highest quality service at all times.
Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay and I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the Quad City Area.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stopped on through for a family function. We really liked the king suite, wished we would have stayed longer knowing how the rooms were setup with a full kitchen area, complete with stove and dishes. The pool area was nice and large with lots of places for the grandparents to watch the kids. The room itself smelled good, all carpets and surfaces were spotless. We didn't get a lot of time to hang around the room as the kids just wanted to swim, but they did have a room separate with their own TV. If I had to say anything negative is that the king bed was actually uncomfortable. It felt like the springs were shot or old. The lobby staff was helpful, quick in getting us checked in and friendly. The lobby area / breakfast area was rather big and could easily accommodate large groups. The breakfast was typical biscuits and gravy, grainy eggs, greasy sausage patties, so we stuck with cereals and fruits. Not sure if the eggs were microwaved but they were weird. Overall I'm glad we came here. Next time I travel I'll be looking out for a Residence Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Carole C, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

I am sorry this is late coming to you but we do want to thank you for staying with us. We agree that the 2-bedroom suite work out well for families-they sure did their homework when they designed the rooms. We hope you will visit us again.