“Two night stay for wedding ”

Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Moline
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Had a one bedroom king suite for our recent two night stay. The room was very clean, bed comfortable, and overall very quiet. One complaint was the breakfast- only one employee working and hardly any food an hour before it ended. Seemed put out when we asked for more waffle batter :/

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank LRay44
Megan T, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your review! I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I do apologize for the breakfast being short, we should have had extra staff with that many people and I do apologize, but I appreciate you bringing it to my attention so we may avoid that problem in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This is a newer version Residence Inn. The decor has an upscale feel. Our 1 bedroom had the bathroom between the living room and bedroom rather than the more typical Residence Inn arrangement of the bathroom being inside the bedroom. That is a much improved arrangement.

There could be more attention to detail here from the staff. When we made our reservation on the Marriott website we selected 4 people. Our confirmation shows 4 people. Upon arriving we had 3 sets of towels.

It's the middle of July and upon arriving our room's thermostat was turned off completely. We arrived at 10:15pm hoping to immediately go to bed. Instead we got to wait for our room to cool down to a reasonable temperature while laying above the bedding.

It's a really nice hotel compared to other Residence Inn properties that could be made better if the staff stepped it up a notch.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jeffcarp

Thank you for your review! I appreciate all the comments about the staff and I assure you we have been working on being more detail oriented when it comes to the amount of people in a room and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. I do apologize for the AC not being turned on upon your arrival, that is another fine tune that we have discussed with the staff and have fixed. I do appreciate you taking the time to let me know and I hope you will stay with us when travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed one night at this Residence Inn after storms forced us off i80. It took a while to get to but was worth it. Rooms spacious and kitchen a big bonus. Tv was missing from one room so they took money off the 2 bedroom suite. We were too tired to care and there were 2 others in the suite. Swimming pool was fun for kids but chlorine was very strong. Beds were comfortable and breakfast was good and had nice selections. The food was running short and the girl taking care of areas said she wasn't told that there were so many people there on a Sunday night. So we waited for some items. After long driving in torrential storms, a nicer greeting from front desk clerk would have made us feel more welcome. I would return and would choose residence inns in the future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CS4travel

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that we could accomodate you during the unpleasant storm we encountered. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to utilize our amenities available. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Moline!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have stayed at many hotels in Moline and only decided to stay there because other hotels were booked. This by far was the best yet and is the only hotel I will stay at from now on in the area. Staff was very friendly, they even called to verify that everything has met my standards. Breakfast was excellent. Room was clean, large, new and they even went above and beyond with extras they give each customer. I didn't get the opportunity to use the pool but I will when I stay there the next time I visit Moline.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Carlino229
Megan T, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are always pleased to see such kind words to share with our staff. It our goal and pleasure to ensure that your stay is always the best it can be. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accomodating you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am a Marriott Gold member and typically a big fan of their Residence Inn properties. This one worked for us, but disappointed in a couple areas. We stayed here with our travel baseball team while in town for a tournament. I suggested this hotel based on my previous experience with Marriott Residence Inns. We booked 8 rooms here over the weekend.

Good:
Rooms were fine. Clean and typical nice large rooms you usually find in a residence inn.

Common areas - large, well decorated, nice and clean for gathering.

Breakfast - good and the staff was nice and accommodating

Disappointing
Front desk staff - hardly got a smile anytime I stopped by and had to wait twice for the lady at the front desk to finish a conversation with a staff member before she could help. Too often seemed like a bother to answer a question. Our team manager was denied a 1/2 hour late checkout. Understand they need time to get rooms ready, but really - we booked 8 rooms for the weekend, maybe a little extra effort?? Night-time staff was nicer in general.

Pool - the kids complained of very strong chlorine that made it almost unusable

Firepit - didn't work. Would have been nice for gathering the group at nights.

I can overlook the pool and firepit as one-off issues, but don't have much use for a less than helpful or friendly staff. Especially when a gold member who stays 60 nights a year at Marriott books 8 rooms for a weekend. We will be looking elsewhere next year when booking for our baseball team as this was a common sentiment among our team parents (a very easy-to-please group).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Megan T, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay and I want to assure you that we take providing the best possible customer service very seriously here at the Residence Inn. I do appreciate you bring this to our attention and we will act accordingly in that matter. I do hope you will consider us the next time you're in town and allow us to show you the high level of care we have for all of our guests. Again thank you for bringing this to our attention and I appreciate your time.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice Hotel New, indoor pool (closed not sure why), bfast & dinner. Good suites. Fairly quiet area. Would recommend. Staff courteous. about 5 miles from Rock Island Arsenal. Wal Mart close by. Good for business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Megan T, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your review and also thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and took the time to review our property. I hope you will consider us for your next trip to the Quad City area.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a great hotel, very clean, the staff is very nice and it's very quiet even though it is close to many different attractions. Our 2 bedroom suite was great. We were on a family trip, and it was nice to have two bedrooms with separate bathrooms and a common sitting are where we could talk. Beds were clean and comfortable, and the bathrooms were clean as well. Pricing was good too. We loved it and will stay here again. Only two very minor complaints which didn't take away from the experience at all. First, the pool looked gross. I think the liner or bottom is stained, but it looked murky. We did notify maintenance and he quickly checked it and the pH levels and he said it was all good. Just seemed dirty, but it was probably stained. Second, when we checked in we were not notified that if we had the "recharging" sign on our door past 9am our room wouldn't be cleaned. I had put it up the night before, but we were up and getting ready by 7am, had I known about that, I would have taken the sign down as soon as we got up. But I called the front desk and Rosemary brought me several clean towels and a bar of soap (we didn't have a bath soap in our room) and offered to empty our trash. Very nice. Also, the free breakfast is AWESOME. They have so many different things and they are all delicious. We really, really loved this hotel and will definitely be back the next time we are coming to the Quad Cities area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We take pride in providing the best customer service to all of our guests and I'm pleased we met your expectations. I am sorry we could not get your room serviced the one day, I do apologize but am happy that Rosemary was able to help you. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.