“Good choice for the area”

Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Rosemount, Minnesota
“Good choice for the area”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn before moving our son into his college dorm. Got a two room suite. We normally stay at a different hotel in this town but it was booked and we wanted two rooms or a two room suite. Yes, the furniture is dated and could use replacement. But, the beds are very comfortable, great pillows, the shower is excellent. The kitchen area is stocked with glasses and ceramic coffee cups. While near a busy four lane road, the room was very quiet.
Small thing to us but maybe a big dal to families - better than average breakfast. Yogurt parfaits with fruit and granola. Fresh fruit and all the usual stuff. Nice setting.
Only complaint - the fridge in our room was so noisy that we had to turn it off. Not a big deal because we were traveling light but it would have been irritating if we depended on cold storage overnight.

Room Tip: ask for an even number room to face away from the busy road.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Megan T, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! Our goal for every guest is to ensure they are comfortable and have the amenities of home and I am glad we met those expectations with you. We truely hope you will consider us again when your in town visiting your son!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed at the Residence Inn Moline for two weeks. The first week was pleasant with no complaints - nice big rooms with updated kitchens. The second week was the worst hotel experience I've had in my 3 years of weekly travel. When I went to got to bed I immediately noticed hair on the sheets. It was very late and I was desperate to go to sleep so decided to get a tissue and just pick it off. I soon realized it wasn't just a few stray hairs - the sheets obviously had not been changed. I called downstairs and was told there were no available rooms but they would bring me spare sheets to re-make my own bed. While waiting for the new sheets to be delivered I pulled off of top sheet / comforter. To my horror there were two small bugs in the bed. The desk representative finally came with the sheets and actually acted annoyed with me saying "well those aren't bed bugs" as if that made it any better. I don't care if they are bed bugs are not - there bugs in the bed. She then told me I could sleep on the couch? Absolutely not. She eventually called the Fairfield Inn at 3:30am to get me a new room. As I left the representative told me with a lot of attitude "don't be mad at me" as if I was yelling at her... I was sobbing since it was 3:30 am and I had to be at work at 7:30am. The representative at the Fairfield Inn was very nice - gave me a bottle of water and apologized for my Marriott experience. Residence manager called the next day to apologize and offered points - I declined as this will be my last Marriott stay.

Room Tip: Check the bed for bugs.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to sincerly apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us recently. I assure you that we take all guest issues extremely serious and I apologize that we did not meet your standards during your visit. This issue has been addressed with the entire staff and re-training is in place to prevent this incident from happening in the future. Again I do sincerly apologize for the incident and I really hope you will consider us again on our next trip to the Moline area.
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Although this Residence Inn continues to be one of our favorite places to stay in Moline, the hotel is beginning to show its age. Settling of the west end of the building means some doors won't stay put without at door stop. Also, the furniture in some of the rooms is getting pretty worn. I think it's time for a refurbishment. Otherwise, the hotel is a very good place to stay. Staff are friendly and the breakfast is great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pvrlover
Megan T, Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your review and your loyalty to our hotel! We are aware of some of the furniture showing age and I want to assure you we are in the works right now of getting them replaced in the very near future. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay with us during your next visit to Moline!
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here in late July 2014. The property is clean, the rooms are big and the full size refrigerator and basic kitchen is a welcome plus. The only negative about the property is the noise of the AC system, and that it is built adjacent to wetlands of the rock river flood plain. We stayed in room 116 and the view from our windows were the water retention ditch in the rear of the property. Great mosquito breeding area. So as long as you don't go out back, it's fine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the AC noise, and we will look into that room, I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I hope you will consider us again on your next visit to Moline!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here for a week and had all the comforts of home. It is very clean, and the staff is quite helpful. We've been coming to this hotel since it opened and it still looks like new. It is nice to stay at a place that has a full-size refrigerator and stove to help it feel like home!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vacation4Me2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! It is our goal to provide the best customer service to all of our guests and make them want to return and I am pleased we provide that for you. Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to seeing you again on your next stay!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Had a one bedroom king suite for our recent two night stay. The room was very clean, bed comfortable, and overall very quiet. One complaint was the breakfast- only one employee working and hardly any food an hour before it ended. Seemed put out when we asked for more waffle batter :/

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank LRay44
Thank you for your review! I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I do apologize for the breakfast being short, we should have had extra staff with that many people and I do apologize, but I appreciate you bringing it to my attention so we may avoid that problem in the future.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This is a newer version Residence Inn. The decor has an upscale feel. Our 1 bedroom had the bathroom between the living room and bedroom rather than the more typical Residence Inn arrangement of the bathroom being inside the bedroom. That is a much improved arrangement.

There could be more attention to detail here from the staff. When we made our reservation on the Marriott website we selected 4 people. Our confirmation shows 4 people. Upon arriving we had 3 sets of towels.

It's the middle of July and upon arriving our room's thermostat was turned off completely. We arrived at 10:15pm hoping to immediately go to bed. Instead we got to wait for our room to cool down to a reasonable temperature while laying above the bedding.

It's a really nice hotel compared to other Residence Inn properties that could be made better if the staff stepped it up a notch.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jeffcarp
Thank you for your review! I appreciate all the comments about the staff and I assure you we have been working on being more detail oriented when it comes to the amount of people in a room and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. I do apologize for the AC not being turned on upon your arrival, that is another fine tune that we have discussed with the staff and have fixed. I do appreciate you taking the time to let me know and I hope you will stay with us when travels bring you back to the area.