“AWFUL 8”

Motel 6 Moline
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Moline
“AWFUL 8”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

rooms smelled bad, air condition didn't work. You get what you paid for!! The beds were terrible, concerned if we didnt get bed bites! I woke up itchy! First thing we were greeted with a sink by the door, thought that was a little weird to put that there! Several police were gathered outside the hotel, someone got arrested for drugs! The rooms appeared to be cleaned just smelled bad!

Room Tip: spend $$ for a better room across the street!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gautier, MS.
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I checked in for long-term for outage work at nearby Plant. The price was nice, but the kids running up and down the halls all hours of the night, doors slamming, loud TV’s you could here through the walls left you with very little rest. Rooms are in POOR shape and maid service didn’t replenish coffee packs or cups. After paying for a week in advance the manager wanted to refund me by sending me a check in the mail at a higher room rate, but after some discussion I was paid in cash the same as when I checked in. My advice would be if your staying long-term, find some other place. If you have kids, nice place – just let them run wild with the rest of them up and down the halls and they can PLAY in the fitness room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
bmcrae, Manager at Motel 6 Moline, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Hello -

We are very sorry that you had a bad experience at the Super 8 Moline. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, on occassion we fail to meet that goal and again we apologize.

We do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to gain your business in the furture.

Staff & Management
Mokena, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I was referred here by our local hall at a price of 49.95 when you can get it cheaper from Travelocity or Hotwire.49.95 was not a special rate when it was 26.45 or 32 from the other websites.I explained this to the manager Brent and he was not helpful.I was offered a manager rate that was still higher then the websites.I was then told to do a super8 price match well it wont work when you have no refunds from the other websites.So I guess 2 months of customer loyalty means nothing to you super8.Thank You my fellow workers and I will take our business elsewhere.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank dancewithjitters
bmcrae, Manager at Motel 6 Moline, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Hello -

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience here at the Super 8 Moline. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a positive experience. Unfortunately, on occassion we fail to meet this goal.

We hope you will allow us to gain your business in the future.

Once again, we apologize.

Staff & Management
Soke-on-Trent
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Stayed here for my last night in the USA before flying home, booked in advance and got the advance discount rate.

check-in no problems, only hampered by the guy in front of me who didnt seem to know what he wanted, the desk clerk was very patient with him.

Room was spotless and well-serviced, I think they must have spent some money on the motel recently, the fittings in the room looked new, very clean, everything worked perfectly. Bed very comortable and had a very good nights sleep. A nice touch there was a power outlet built into the base of the desk lamp for the lap-top, a real cool idea I think.

Good location, 20 yards to the Dennys next door so handy for eating out, the big shopping mall behind the motel can be walked to in 5 minutes, very much a up-market mall judging by the prices.Staff very freindly and helpful. wi-fi easy to connect to, a bit slow, but typical for a motel setup.

Overall very pleased with it and reccomend it to anyone.

john, Great Britain.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank john461212
Ne
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Do not stay at this hotel unless you like hair on your sheets and in your sink and bath tub. Very dirty rooms. Grungy! The continental breakfast area very dirty!

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
des moines, ia
Reviewed 15 July 2010

the staff is extremely rude. the AC did not work, i changed rooms 3 times in my 4 day stay. the main thing was the staff. The sign in the room says, if you forgot something, (razor, toothbursh etc) the front desk has it. NO THEY DID NOT. a simple shaver. and when they said they did not have one, and i asked where a convience store was, did not know!
I asked for laundry detergent for the washer at the hotel. OUT OF THAT TOO. and when i mentioned that razors and laundry detergent should be a stocked item. They said, we cant help it if you forgot things!!!.
They have WiFi, but NOT high speed WiFI, unless you want to pay extra. ($10) I never heard of that before. I travel about 200 days a year. This was by far the worst hotel, this year.
I am in davenport area for 3-4 days a week for 2 months. I moved to the travelodge in davenport, it was amazing the difference. Same owner, totally different staff.
and i beleive the WORST of the staff there is the manager!!
And lastly, i could not get the "busienss center computer to print from my thumbdirve. It took three people to finally tell me that when you attach a Thumbdrive, you have to re-boot it.
I did, and it worked.... HMMM. stay away from this one.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2010

If you got a good deal on this motel, you might not be disappointed. I would not pay more then 30.00 a night. Thought we could get a 2 star price for a 4 star hotel on hotwire and ended up with the Super 8. So I decided to make the best of it since there was not a way out. The hotel has been updated, since it was the "smoky " Excel. Its a ok hotel close to the mall if you are traveling alone, but more then 2 is too close for comfort. Rooms are small, bathroom is almost the size of an RV. Breakfast most of the time runs out at 7:30am, so if you want to eat, get there early. Some of the Maids walked off the job right after the 4th of July and our room never did get serviced. Maintenance was running the front desk at night with the staffing problems and had little information. Guest was making coffee in the morning. I would stay there again if the staffing improved.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family