“right for the price”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Carbondale, PA
“right for the price”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I booked the motel for my daughter who was driving out to college. I did not stay there but here is what she told me. The room was clean, as well as the bathroom. The hair dryer didn't work, something I wouldn't have even noticed. The TV remote didn't work. I would have called the front desk, but she didn't care too much. The worst negative was that the room was across from the ice machine and people were getting ice at 3 in the morning which woke her up. The continental breakfast was just bagels and sorry looking fruit. To me the most important part of a room is that it is clean, and it seemed to pass that test. For a one night stay it seemed like a good deal. Will likely book again if traveling cross country. Don't expect too much and you should be happy with the room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
bmcrae, Manager at Motel 6 Moline, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Hello -

Thank you for sharing comments regarding your daughter's visit to the Super 8 Moline.

We greatly appreciate the feedback as it allows us the opportunity to focus on issues to better serve our guests.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to your daughter's next visit.

Brent McRae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kirbyville, Missouri
Reviewed 14 December 2011

The is not worth the money, the rooms are tiny and very old, you can barely move in the bathroom. And if you make reservations thru somebody else they will not honor their price. After you check out they will make an adjustment on your credit card for the full price of the room, telling you that they undercharged you. Then when you show them the receipt from like priceline they tell you they had no record of it on their computer even thou they had the reservation on it. So, unless you like getting ripped off then it's the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jrl001
Middlebury, Vermont
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I recommend staying anywhere else, maybe even under a bridge abutment... The closet sized "non-smoking" room I booked smelled like an ashtray and all of the linens had cigarette burns. The list of failings is almost too long to detail here, but in the interest of helping others avoid a terrible experience I am going to try; the room featured such amenities as a jammed window, cobwebs, peeling wallpaper, a rusty & leaking shower that had a truly massive and disgusting hairball clogging the drain, expanded foam all around the toilet base and rust stained towels & washcloth that were very scratchy. Just in case that wasn't enough to scare you away, the breakfast on offer consisted of stale cereal and a milk dispenser that was leaky and battered, the power was turned on & off multiple times on the second day of my stay, the free wi-fi has a 0.1kbps download speed (one fifth the speed of good dial-up) and the walls were so thin and poorly insulated that I got to hear all of the adjoining rooms arguments, sex and TV shows. On the up side it was cheap and there were no vermin, the water was hot, TV worked and I wasn't robbed, but in my estimation these bonus items don't make up for all of the negatives!

Room Tip: choose a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
bmcrae, General Manager at Motel 6 Moline, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Hello David W -

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Super 8 Moline.

It is our sincere goal to provide each and every guest with clean and comfortable accommodations. However, on occassion we fail to meet our goal and for this I apologize.

We aprreciate your business and hope you allow us the opportunity in the future to provide your hotel accommodations.

Brent McRae, General Manager
Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I booked my room via the Super 8 online site. When I arrived with my teenaged daughter at 1 in the morning, was told that the reservation only guaranteed "a" room, not necessarily "the" room that I reserved. So the nonsmoking room with two beds (that was confirmed on the reservation that I printed from the online statement) was now one bed in a smoking room.

The manager was very gracious and felt terrible about this. He had a full house and couldn't do much about it though. He did upgrade us to a queen bed in a jacuzzi suite. Of course, people only use jacuzzi suites for one purpose (note huge mirrors by jucuzzi), but we were too tired to care.

Entire facility smelled like tobacco. We weren't in Iowa anymore and apparently Illinois doesn't have a public smoking law like Iowa does.

"Breakfast" was some corn flakes and toast. Might have been a bowl of oranges too. Don't expect much for this price.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

rooms smelled bad, air condition didn't work. You get what you paid for!! The beds were terrible, concerned if we didnt get bed bites! I woke up itchy! First thing we were greeted with a sink by the door, thought that was a little weird to put that there! Several police were gathered outside the hotel, someone got arrested for drugs! The rooms appeared to be cleaned just smelled bad!

Room Tip: spend $$ for a better room across the street!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Gautier, MS.
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I checked in for long-term for outage work at nearby Plant. The price was nice, but the kids running up and down the halls all hours of the night, doors slamming, loud TV’s you could here through the walls left you with very little rest. Rooms are in POOR shape and maid service didn’t replenish coffee packs or cups. After paying for a week in advance the manager wanted to refund me by sending me a check in the mail at a higher room rate, but after some discussion I was paid in cash the same as when I checked in. My advice would be if your staying long-term, find some other place. If you have kids, nice place – just let them run wild with the rest of them up and down the halls and they can PLAY in the fitness room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
bmcrae, Manager at Motel 6 Moline, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Hello -

We are very sorry that you had a bad experience at the Super 8 Moline. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, on occassion we fail to meet that goal and again we apologize.

We do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to gain your business in the furture.

Staff & Management
Mokena, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I was referred here by our local hall at a price of 49.95 when you can get it cheaper from Travelocity or Hotwire.49.95 was not a special rate when it was 26.45 or 32 from the other websites.I explained this to the manager Brent and he was not helpful.I was offered a manager rate that was still higher then the websites.I was then told to do a super8 price match well it wont work when you have no refunds from the other websites.So I guess 2 months of customer loyalty means nothing to you super8.Thank You my fellow workers and I will take our business elsewhere.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank dancewithjitters
bmcrae, Manager at Motel 6 Moline, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Hello -

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience here at the Super 8 Moline. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a positive experience. Unfortunately, on occassion we fail to meet this goal.

We hope you will allow us to gain your business in the future.

Once again, we apologize.

Staff & Management