“OLD hotel”
Review of Motel 6 Moline

Motel 6 Moline
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Moline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed for a couple of nights over the 2014 Memorial Day weekend with my son while we attended a baseball tournament. I read many of these reviews and prepared for the worst. I was pleasantly surprised. As noted before, the front desk staff was very friendly. Our room looked clean, smelled clean and felt clean. I brought cleaning supplies with me but did not need them. The A/C unit worked great. The WiFi worked great too. We had 2 phones and a laptop hooked up to it and had no issues. The breakfast was exactly as advertised and the staff kept everything stocked up. My stay was well worth the value and I would stay again. I believe some of these reviews are looking for the resort accomodations for the motel price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor on the west end, opposite the office. It was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Traveler6310, General Manager at Motel 6 Moline, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us. Yes we do tend to get some negative reviews where we are unable to meet some people's expectations, that usually stem from a reservation being made from a source that doesn't allow them to choose the hotel. For the price we like to think we offer some of the best service and amenities you will find. As far a internet this is one area we get great comments on as it is fast and doesn't slow down with more users. Again thank you for your kind words and look forward to serving you again.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Pictures on Priceline did not come even close to the actual hotel or rooms. Hotel had a terrible smell and was in bad shape all around. The room was so gross I did not want to even put any of my things down. There was gross stuff all over the wall. And hairs in the bathroom, cigarette holes in comforters and chair. When we pulled back curtain by the air conditioner there was cigarette ashes where it had obviously not been cleaned. The bathtub was so gross I could not even imagine standing in it to take a shower much less put my kids in it! I was very unsatisfied! Disappointed that we had travel a far distance and came in tired with children who were equally tired and ready for a warm bath and ready to snuggle up in a decent room. Even after all the effort we were only to get 2 of the 3 nights back since we had already paid thru Priceline. The disgusting Super 8 would not return the money for 1 night since we had been in the room. Very rude especially because it was not due to us just being picky it was just gross and not fit for people to have to be in let alone my precious children!

• Stayed May 2014
Traveler6310, General Manager at Motel 6 Moline, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us again (this is a repeat review, as the same review for this stay is posted directly below, presume different person that stayed with the same group). Again we did not find the issues the guest claimed other than the small burn in the bedspread, however we always fix any issues on a guest room if they occur (which is rare) or supply a new room if unable to fix quickly, Being one of the busier hotels in the area we get so many positive review in person that sadly these poor review tend to get more focus, but we appreciate them all good or bad as this is how we improve and remain busy, as without the feedback we couldn't continue to improve. Thank you again
Reviewed 24 May 2014

First, the pictures that was offered online through Priceline were no where near comparative of reality, 2nd. Priceline does not give you the option of what room you desire to stay in, therefore we were stuck in a smoking room,( because the hotel had no non-smoking rooms available..3rd. Their was burn holes in the comforters, and sheets, their was poop smeared all over the walls , pubic hairs all over the toilet, and tub, cigarette ashes in the bed and window sills,4th. We did not stay I could not let my children sleep or even stay in this environment, we travel a lot an have stayed at many hotels including super 8s . This by far has been the worst we've seen we contacted Priceline to which charged my credit card 186 dollars and told them of the deplorable conditions at this facility. And they contacted the hotel and the hotel was so " gracious" to still charge me for 1 night ( reality the 10 min. stay) out the 3 total we were intending staying... It is my full intention to expose this facility and Priceline for their wrongs.. I would be ashamed and could not sleep with a good conscious if I was lying and robbing people the way they are.
Not fit to bury a dead Dog here.!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry you felt there was so many issues in your room, and while none of these issue where able to be verified other than a small burn in the smoking rooms bedspread, we understand how angry guests get when booking via a site that doesn't let them choose the hotel or room they want for the price, however we do receive over 100 of these a month, and while 99% are thrilled with us, I am sorry you where not. Also while those sites don't usually allow you to choose your room, if we have availability we will allow changes for you to ensure you get the room you want while with us. Thank you again