“Dirty and poorly maintained”

America's Best Inn Moline
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Rooms are very dirty. Sheets had holes in them and blankets had cigarette burns in a "no smoking" room that reeked of smoke. Mattress springs are broken and mattresses appear to be about 20 years old. Tiny sad towels, no shampoo. Hotel advertises a breakfast but does not provide anything. Pool had no water in it.
Do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank amerrobin
There are newer reviews for America's Best Inn Moline

Reviewed 28 May 2011

Staff was clueless, required 3 trips to the front desk to clarify - complete billing and registration information. Confusion arose partially from the motels failure to honor Corporate Lodging Prices as per their contract. I ended up taking their regular price just to put an end to the frustration.
The advertising and info from the registration clerk indicates a continental breakfast. No food, and coffee was gone before 7:15 a.m.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank droadrunner
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We went to quard cities for bussiness , It was good experience to stay there. Rooms were very neat and clean. And the management was always helpful in everything.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2010

If this is the best America has to offer - we need to start travelling in Canada or Mexico! Bad news, strange guests, dirty, young kids working the front desk, and a manager who will tell you lies to sneek you out of money! Seriously!

I arrived for a three night stay and checked in late the first night - rate $35.99 (AAA pricing). When I woke the next day I realized that the big sign out front said that a solo person room was $33.99 a night. I went and brought this to the manager's (Nathan Singh) attention and he told me that he would not refund the difference because there was a commission involved with the reservation. I told him that I booked the reservation on line with America's Best own web site - he told me that THE FRANCHISE charges a commission for reservations made on the Internet! I was charged $2 a night EXTRA because I booked directly with the hotel chain on line! I eventually called the corporate offices of America's Best Inns and spoke with a guy in the franchise department. The corporate offices told me that they DO NOT charge a commission fee for on line reservations and that the owner/manager was not correct in saying that. The manager of the facility basically lied to me in order to make an extra $2 a night off of my stay. How terrible is that!

The first room I got smelled as though there was a family of cats living there for months prior. It smelled BAD! I have severe allergies to cats - I didn't even last 20 minutes in the room and had to go to the front desk to request a new room (which was better). As I headed out the next morning I could see the hotel maintenance staff scrubbing and bleaching the room (they obviously knew there was a problem). As I sat in my truck I actually saw the manager walking out of that room carrying a grapefruit sized hairball in his hands! Very gross, to say the least. The room they gave me as a replacement was OK, and didn't have any odor problems (the carpet was cleaner, too).

They claim to have internet service - but it is terrible and sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't. It gets dropped ALL the time (and I was in the center of the building). Not a place to stay if your job requires Internet connections.

There are a lot of strange people who appear to live in this hotel, There was a VERY loud woman living there with two small dogs - her dogs would poop all over the exterior hallways and not get picked up. Her dogs would run wild throughout the parking lot (as well as into people's rooms) - and I saw her giving the dogs beer at one point!

The worst thing involved with the stay was a security issue. I arrived to the hotel for my final night's stay and found out that my key card wasn't working (may have demagnetized with my cell phone on accident). I went up to the front desk to get it recoded - and I was greeted by a young pre-teenaged girl who asked "are you looking for a room?" I was suprised to see this young (had to be 12-14 years old at best) girl working the front desk. I told her my key wasn't working - she took it, asked what room I was in, and recoded the key for my room number with no questions asked. Never checked my ID, never even asked my name - she just took the key and programmed it for my room. That was very disturbing to see how easy it was to get a key to someone else's room.

This used to be the old Motel 6 - the Motel 6 franchise looks like they moved to the building up the street (maybe to an old Hampton Inn building). I think I will make my plans to try and stay at the Motel 6 next time I am in Moline. I am determined to find a quality hotel under $50 in the quad cities area!!! There has to be one out there somewhere!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank FunnyFisher
Reviewed 3 December 2009

2 Minute drive from Moline / Quad Cities Int`l Airport,Cheap and Cheerful for a Nights stay. Breakfast,oh dear Tiny Pack of Cheap Donuts open in Lobby + Coffee but was really all I expected for under $40 !!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Worldtravenut
A TripAdvisor Member
Boulder Junction, WI
Reviewed 4 December 2005

We stay at this motel on business and pleasure twice a year for a week each time. The pleasant staff remembers us each time and usually tries to accommodate us by locating us in the same room, so it kind of feels like another home. Our Golden Retreiver travels with us and loves to look for "his" rabbit in the big grass area behind the motel. Since he is in the van most of each day, this is a treat each evening and morning to be able to run free. Of course, he never catches the rabbit, nor does he want to!
The Manager and staff are always upbeat and the coffee is ready as promised. Most of them perform just the little extras that make you feel that they want your business. Most unusual now-a-days.
Great place - great prices - great people!

• Stayed: November 2004, travelled on business