“Nice decor, very comfortable room”

Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My son reminded me that this was the "big blue hotel" from our recent trip, we were really taken with the exterior lighting and overall appearance of the hotel. The reception area was very clean and crisp, the clerk who checked us in was friendly and efficient. We had a room with 2 Queen beds, and there was plenty of space in the room for beds and luggage and walking around. We only stayed one night, I would certainly stay again when we are travelling that way.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JECGnida
Rochelle R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello JECGnida!

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review on your recent stay with us!

Thank you for commenting on the overall appearance of our hotel! I'm assuming the 'Big Blue Hotel' was referring to our blue lighting on the exterior of the building at night. That's great that your son remembered us and you were able to experience one of our Queen Deluxe rooms! Perhaps next time you're traveling through the area we could interest you in booking one of our one bedroom suites, complete with a living room area, and over-sized bathroom.

Again, I want to thank you for your excellent review, and for choosing to stay with us! The staff and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Moline area!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I checked in earlier this evening and was greeted by two very nice and helpful ladies. They provided all the information that I needed and made me feel very welcome. The room is what I reserved. Very clean , nice bed . I couldn't ask for more. I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cindy C

Hello Cindy C!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us!

I'm glad to hear that our front desk agents were able to take care of your needs during your stay! Our staff works so hard to ensure that our guests are assisted with any and all needs. Your comments are most appreciated, and I will be passing them along to the staff to let them know to keep up the good work!

It's great to see that you will be back to stay with us! The staff and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Moline area!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Holiday Inn Express Moline is a modern new hotel so it is great condition. The lobby is vibrant welcoming place but the staff outshines any furnishings this hotel possess. As we checked-in a motor coach tour was arriving with 75 people, the staff was all smiles, answered guest quires quickly plus took care of everyone checking-in, smoothly.

The beds were very comfortable and the closet placed in a dead space corner of the room was a nice touch.

We were disappointed in the quality of linens used to dress the beds. We do not expect 300 thread count sheets or higher at a Holiday Inn but the linens on our beds were thin, pilling and scratchy. A little befuddle as to why with such a great appointments and furnishing, "corporate" would skimp on sheets. That is the reason I rated a 4 star instead of 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rochelle R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello Jacque N!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your recent stay with us!

Thank you for the comments on the vibrant, welcoming lobby! I also noticed your comments on the staff outshining any furnishings. I couldn't agree more! The staff continues to blow me away with their guest service skills and the manner in which they generally care about our guests. I will be sharing your comments with them and let them know to keep up their hard work!

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the quality of our linens. This is the first time I've heard a complaint about our sheets, but I will definitely be bringing this to our Head Housekeepers attention. Thank you for your honesty in this matter.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This place is only 6 weeks old so it smells amazing and feels crisp and new. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us (both the night staff and the morning). It was one of the cleanest places I have stayed. I love their decor: blues and oranges. We were very pleased with our stay.

Stayed: July 2014
Rochelle R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello Erica D!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us!

It's great to hear that this is one of the cleanest places you have stayed! Our staff works extra hard to ensure that our hotel maintains a clean and comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests to experience. I will be sharing your comments with them to let them know that their hard work is paying off!

I would like to invite you back to stay with us again the next time you are in the Moline area! Perhaps you will get the opportunity to try our free, full hot breakfast buffet in the morning.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel had the most wonderful and most clean room I have ever stayed in. Both my husband and I have a hard time sleeping away from home but it felt like home it their wonderfully comfortable beds!!! The breakfast was so tasty and fresh. I wish all of them were like this. The front desk staff was able to help us with some of our activities out and about. The pool and spa were also very comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Close to the airport...but not far from the cities!

Hello BriansMom2014!

Thank you for writing a fantastic review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor!

It's great to hear that you thought our hotel was absolutely wonderful! Your comments on the breakfast being tasty and fresh are much appreciated. Our breakfast attendants take great pride in their work to ensure that the most important meal of the day is delivered as fresh and hot as possible. I will be passing along your comments to them and let them know that their hard work is paying off!

I also enjoyed your comments on the front desk staff being able to help you with your activities, and the pool and spa being comfortable. Maybe next time you come to stay with us, you will be able to enjoy an adult beverage from our sundry shop and relax in front of our fireplace in the Great Room!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Pleasure doing business with them - I will be back. Everything from checking in to checking out was fabulous. Even the traffic wasn't bad! Everyone is very friendly and upbeat- a change from normal hotel demeanor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Kathy C!

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor!

I'm glad to hear that everything from checking in to checking out was fabulous. I especially appreciated the comment about everyone being upbeat and friendly. Our staff is fantastic at keeping morale high around here. They constantly impress me with how quick they are to stop what they are doing and help with anything that comes their way.

We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the Moline area! Perhaps you will be able to utilize our pool and over-sized hot tub during your next visit!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The staff was really friendly and eager to offer assistance. The decor was a step up from the standard traveller's stop, and they were quite accommodating with my dog. Definitely would recommend for area visitors.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room down the halls....we were close to the elevator and you could hear the &quo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rochelle R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hello Kimberly!

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your recent stay with us!

Thank you for the wonderful comments on the staff being friendly and eager to offer assistance! I also enjoyed your comments on the decor being a step up.

I'm glad to see that we could accommodate your dog during your travels. However, being such a new property, we have decided to only allow service animals moving forward. (I am a dog person too and was not on the voting committee for this decision.)

Also, the dinging noise you are referring to (which I apologize for) was reported to our elevator company and adjusted down to a much quieter level.

Again, I want to thank you for the great review! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Moline area.