“Best Western Moline”

Best Western Airport Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Moline
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed in a King Room, and it was roomy, clean, and had both a micro and fridge. Pool and hot tub were clean. Breakfast included eggs and bacon in addition to the usual pastries and yogurt. The setting was quiet, and it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Harshad P, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review us. We hope you chose us again on your next trip. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

First and foremost, what I look for in a hotel is cleanliness. Location, free internet, value and courteous/friendly staff (in that order) are the next things I consider. Free breakfast and facilities are bonuses. All of these, I found in Best Western Airport Inn. Before I booked in this hotel I read reviews online about hotels in the area. I was impressed by the above average reviews of this hotel. I live in chicago suburbs, a 2 hrs drive from Moline but haven't been to this place so I don't have any idea on where to stay. Reviews were very helpful. My husband had a golf tournament in TPC deere run golf course for the weekend. We were early in the golf course so I called the hotel if we can have an early check-in. The regular check-in is 3:00 P.M. The lady in the front desk was so accommodating that we checked-in way too early for the regular check-in. The hotel was so clean and smelled good. I got the room with a king bed. It was so spacious. There's even a small kitchen with 2 burner stove. Was really impressed. 'Tho we were not able to use it because restaurants were just across the hotel. While my husband was in the golf course I went shopping at the mall which was just a 2 minutes walk. After shopping, I stayed most of the time in the hotel. Inside my room were a big flat screen/LCD TV with cable, regular size refrigerator, a sofa bed, desk, microwave and a king size bed. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good. Not too many choices on food and no fruits but it was still fine. It's not crowded. They have a swimming pool and gym but did not use it because of time constraint. Checking out was easy. I asked for a couple of hours extension to stay in my room because my husband was still in the golf course. The front desk lady gave me an hour due to the hotel was fully booked. It's fine with me. The hotel was quiet. The only spot that dent the almost perfect condition was that the bed skirt were torn. I told the front desk lady and the manager about it. They said that they will do something about it. And by the way, the channel guide was missing and there's no elevator. It is 2 floor hotel. Overall, the experience was good. The value was fair. I was satisfied!

Room Tip: King size rooms have more space. If elevator is available get the higher floors room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Harshad P, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during your husband’s golf tournament. Our entire staff is dedicated in creating a good hotel experience. I will pass your review along to our staff, specially the housekeepers as they take pride in their work. Thank you very much for the hotel pictures and for such a wonderful review. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any future reservations.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I had planned to stay in this hotel for the week as I am here on business. After one night I was ready to go! I was outside with coworkers and the smell of raw sewage sent us in for the night. When I got up the next morning for work I went to get coffee only to be let down when I walked outside I was so overcome with the smell of sewage I thought I was going to get sick. I could not get to my truck fast enough and had to pull my shirt over my face!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Harshad P, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I would like to thank you for your review. Please know that we are aware of the smell in this neighborhood. We and other businesses in the area have been in contact with the city regarding this. I am hoping that the city will have resolved this issue before your next visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed overnight with one other couple. Adjoining rooms were great. We were unable to use the pool/hot tub due to other plans. Breakfast was OK. Seating was a little congested. We left out phone chargers in the room. When we called nothing had been turned in and we have not heard back yet. Overall a good hotel for a good price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Harshad P, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and we were able to accommodate you with the
adjoining rooms. I apologize on behalf of my hotel staff that we were unable to find your chargers.
I appreciate that you took the time to review our property and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I normally stay in Davenport, IA on my monthly trip to the area. My customer recommended that I stay in Moline, IL instead. I chose the Best Western because I am a loyalty member and am generally satisfied with their rewards program. Big mistake this trip.
Shall I list my complaints? Don't mind if I do:
1) My non-smoking room smelled like smoke.
2) Obvious tears on the arm of the sofa.
3)The ice machine was broken.
4) There was no channel guide in the room. I called the desk, after 12 or so rings. I hung up. Glad it wasn't an emergency. Called later and was told that the channel guide was next to the TV. It was not. I left the TV on one station all night.
5) The sheets on my bed were not tucked in. Just floating in the breeze.

I am a Rewards member, but I will NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: There are many hotel choices in this area. Please consider my review before booking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe M
Harshad P, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

We take pride in providing the best service to all of our guests and anything less than that is unacceptable. Do know that we do our best to provide for our guests given any circumstance. Your comments are very important to us as it is a good tool to educate and train ourselves regarding managing guest expectations. I do apologize for your experience during your stay.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've stayed in all of the hotels near the QC airport, and this is by far the nicest one. Recently refurbished, everything is up to date and clean. The decor is bright and modern, and the pool area is very nice as well. Rooms are tastefully decorated and staff is pleasant and attentive. Breakfast was great, with a variety of offerings like cinnamon rolls, muffins, pancakes, cereal, eggs, etc. you get a lot more at this hotel for your money compared to the others in this area. It is far and away the cleanest, that's for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Harshad P, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. It is very important to us to make sure we offer value to our guests. Hope to accommodate you once again in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Although I selected BUSINESS as the type of trip, my wife and I come here on business and to visit family. It's a wonderful place to stay for the money. Quiet, Clean, Attractive, Good Breakfast, HELPFUL, CHEERFUL Staff, Wonderful pool, nice spa, exercise equipment, good parking, convenient and GREAT FREE WiFi. All that for a pretty decent price. What more could you ask for in a motel? Nothing I can think of.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am pleased to hear that we were able to make your business trip a pleasant one, for not only you but your wife as well. Thank you for your review.