“Good "Cheap" Hotel in Quad Cities area”

Americas Best Value Inn Moline
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Moline
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I have been looking for a decent, under $50 room in the Quad Cities for a while. I think this is the best one I have found to date. This is an old Hampton Inn building that Motel 6 moved into when the "other" location became too deteriorated. Please be advised that I think a lot of the reviews from years ago are referring to the Motel 6 location when it used to be down the road. That old Motel 6 is now an America's Best Inn - and trust me (been there, too), you want to stay FAR AWAY from that America's Best!!! That place is nasty, and even though it is a few dollars less than this Motel 6 - it is worth the few bucks!

Anyhow - the Motel 6 is a bit outdated, but from what I saw, still had the "1990's Class" of the Hampton Inn that used to be there. Lobby with sofas and TV, interior hallways, power doors, well lit, etc. Even though the furnishings and carpet were old, you can tell they were taken care of by the previous owners, and hopefully they will with the Motel 6.

One person complained about the ice in the parking lot - and that was SO true. I almost wiped-out carrying a pizza back into the room one night. Pretty slick, and nobody did anything to salt or sand the mess.

I have stayed in a many-a-dumps in the Quad Cities area, but this is the first under $50 a night place there that I would consider returning to - and probably will.

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FunnyFisher
QCA_11, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Moline, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 in Moline. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
I want to assure you that your suggestions are so valuable and we surely will work on snow and ice issue in the parking area. I also want to assure you that we did our best thru out the winter so salt the parking lot but sometimes situation just go uncontollable as within few hours after salting,we face the same scenario of ice on the walk way.But there should not be an excuse for it and we will give extra efforts next winter.Please be assure of that.

Sincerely, KD, Manager Motel 6-Moline

Reviewed 12 February 2011

I asked the staff twice to make the drunks be quiet on both sides of me. They made a phone call to the rooms, and that is it. The drunks laughed and continued their night long music and yelling.
The room smelled bad too.
Do not stay here unless you are a partying drunk. No one will stop you
I just wrote this review several months later because I am angry I did not raise a bigger stink.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank flip33
Reviewed 25 January 2011

First, if you are staying here in the winter please bring along your ice hiking gear. The parking lot of this hotel is covered in a 1 to 2 inch sheet of ice. In the few days I stayed here, I didn't see one attempt to salt the parking lot and half hearted attempt to salt the sidewalks.

Second, if you come in do so in the morning or very late at night. That second shift man is very rude and mean. He apparently has never had a customer service position or hospitality position before. The second you walk in the door he has an attitude.

Also, this hotel does not have continental breakfast but does have coffee in the morning.....well some mornings depending on who is working the over night. I think some nights they leave the front unmanned because I had to come down one evening around 2 am for some assistance and no one was at the desk.

The rooms are fairly clean as long as you don't move anything around. If you move say a lamp even an smidge you will see a layer of dust that may have met the lamp in the Regan presidency.

They do offer free wi-fi but it cut in and out a lot.

Overall I guess you get what you pay for at $40/night but if you can afford a bit more stay at the Days Inn next door or the Ramada two doors over.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Jim_P_Anderson
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We stayed there in early December. Instead of parking at the Moline airport, we were able to leave our car at Motel 6 for free, and take the shuttle to the airport. The friendly, courteous staff of Motel 6 even jumped my car after we got back and it didn't start.

The only downside: Motel 6 doesn't offer a continental breakfast. The upside: It's close enough to a couple of fast food places that it doesn't matter. Motel 6 is a no-frills place with a top-notch staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank McBarkerton
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Stayed overnight one night ,basic rooms, need repairs and just plain YUKKY.. I requested new sheets, mine were dirty!! Ceilings are filthy. In the morning a bug was crawling on the bathroom floor , hope it wasn't a bed bug. Motel wasn't busy, so it was quiet. Located next to Days Inn and Ramada, which doesn't get much better of a review for $55 rates. No clock, no tissue, no shampoo, no blow dryers. I will NEVER stay here again, you get what you pay for, so pay more and enjoy!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank SewWhat
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I brought my son to visit his dad over a summer break, and stay at this hotel for last 2 weeks. This hotel used to be Comfort Inn hotel, the owners of Motel 6 chain link have purchased it few years back. The place is really neat - safe, with an excess to rooms from inside hall (trust me, it makes a difference, comparing to outside excess doors - it made me nervous staying at another hotel) rooms are clean, nicely furnished, airconditioned, it's very quiet (as I mentioned I've been staying for a long time, so I would've already known :))) People who come to stay here clean, nice, friendly...I haven't seen many kids, just few times may be...

Rooms are big enough, the front desk and all cleaning personnel are very helpful. It doesn't offer a breakfast (but it's not really as big deal), they do though offer coffee and newspapers and there is a microwave. There are washer and a dryer on the first floor, ice, snack and soda machines on both 2 floors...It has about 75 cable channels and free Wi-Fi (though I would try to get room closer to the front desk, the far wing doesn't have a great copnnection)...

It's located near the airport (it did made me worried at first), but there are barely any planes, after all it's a reginal, small airport... in fact I haven't heard any loud noices coming from outside...And if you see planes (and most of them are small ones - it's pretty cool to see them taking off and coming down), otherwise it's very close to anything you would like to go, besides it has McDonald 2 blocks away, gas station...The area isn't busy at all..Awesome Niabi Zoo is 5 minutes away...Shopping mall, Walmart and restaurants are also 10 minutes away, if not less.

It also provides an airport bus shuttle service.

Kids stay for free (it means you can order 2 double beds and pray as for price of one person) - the room's rates (for 2 double, or 1 quien, or 1 king beds) are $39.99, with taxes $45, +$5 for any additional person...There is also a special weekly rate (for one person - you still can choose king or quien size bed) - $199 per week (6 nights, 7 days) - $225 with taxes...King and quien size beds room have a couch (hide-a-bed)...

It does have an outdoor swimming pool, but sadly most hotels which have outdoor pools are keeping them closed for this 2010 season - there are new goverment rules regarding new pool pumps, and it takes time to replace them all...

....And don't ever go to the America's Best Inns - it's 5 bucks cheaper, but yucky place - as my son said: "mom, why did they call it America's best Inns- It's Americas worst Inns!!!" what a nasty place....we stayed there for 3 nights and run quickly to the motel 6...

and yes, I forgot to mention: dogs and cats are welcome (I saw big dogs too, though as I said I hven't even heard any of them barking - well trained ones :)))))))))

It has a nice reception area - with soft chairs, couch, TV and many nice dining tables...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank tigrcheetah
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This was the worst hotel stay my family has ever experienced. We drove 8 hours to visit an elderly family member and picked this place because it had a pool and was in a good location. Well, what a huge mistake.

First, upon arrival at check in time we were told the room was being cleaned, so we waited and came back in 15 minutes. When we were told it was still not ready, we decided to go to the room and wait. We stood in the smelly, dirty hallway and waited while 2 maids laughed and joked and sat on the beds until they decided to let us bring our stuff in. Our original room had apparently had a plumbing blow up so we were 'upgraded' to one a few doors down. Outside in the hallway the carpet was saturated and smelled terribly and there was a little dehumidifier in the hallway. We should have checked out right then, but we figured we'd give the kids a chance at the pool. Well, the pool was absolutely freezing and dirty with centipedes and bugs and dirt and even the kids who will gladly swim at cold beaches would not even get in this water. So that was a bust, too.

That night we were up all night because it was so loud and when we went to complain we had to wait at the desk forever until the desk person decided to grace us with his presence. He went to the room across the hall where the door was half open and laughed along with the VERY LOUD people in there and asked them to tone it down a little. They didn't. We were woken up every short while with loud people in the hallway. It was awful. The next morning the 'breakfast' turned out to be tiny muffins and coffee and a few other random things. The juice machine was broken, the ice machine was broken. We went to McDonald's for breakfast.

That day we again thought about switching hotels, but we were worried that it was a weekend and how it could it be worse? Well, that night it was. It was so loud WE ACTUALLY LEFT FOR HOME AT 5 A.M. because sleep was impossible. Yes, the 8-hour drive was more appealing than staying there any longer .

At the front desk my husband complained (after waiting for 10 minutes for someone to show up) and was told 'it was a wild weekend' and that was it. But in the room there was a card that said "If there is anything wrong with your stay tell us and we'll make it right." HAHAHAHAHHAHAH that is a laugh.

In short, this place was hideous. I WILL NEVER STAY AT A QUALITY INN AGAIN, nor at any of their affiliate hotels.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank pointyshoes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moline
La Quinta Inn Moline Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Moline – Quad Cities
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Days Inn & Suites Davenport East
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Moline Airport
Radisson on John Deere Commons

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Moline? Share your experiences!