“Wasn't as bad as they make it”

Americas Best Value Inn Moline
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Moline
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was just there on the 1st & maybe it was a good night. Room was clean & bigger then I thought. Bathroom was clean kind of smelled like pee but we had them clean it out & it got better. It's close to McDonalds which was a plus lol & to the mall & Denny's so it's a good spot to be in (I'm a local btw) maybe they've gotten better since last year idk the only thing that bothered my bf were the crappy TV's. He couldn't even hook up his playstation. Otherwise it was a nice stay. I'd say 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Baaaditude
Michael B, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Moline, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Moline. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

We will be working on a remodel in the next few months. We will be upgrading the TV's along with many other items in the guest rooms.

Michael Buford
Motel 6-Moline

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I knew something was amiss when I smelled the first floor hallway. It reminded me of the odor in a bad urban housing project. Then I noticed the corrosion on the lock casings of all the doors. When my wife found what looked like blood stains on the bed spread, we turned around and walked out. The clerk was kind enough to give us back our money and apologize. She knew how bad it was.

I'm amazed that a national chain allows it's name to remain associated with a place this bad. Tom Bodett would definitely not want to stay here.

There is a La Quinta almost next door. Spend a few more bucks and go there instead.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 322marke
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed there June 28 and 29th. There was an outlet that was an inch out of the wall and in use. There was a foot of wall paper hanging down in shower, a bed was short sheet-ed, floor got changed(had to have 1st floor), ants in the room. Spoke with the owner in person and he kept interrupting me and wouldn't let me finish with the complaints. He is not a person that cares about the customers! Super 8 would have been better and I would have gotten breakfast.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank thetraveler7110
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This location was great, just off interstate 80 with a great rate. Everyone was friendly, and there's great food close by. When there comes a time to expire in that area again I will definitely do so. Keep it up and the light on!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Only been on second floor..
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 10 March 2013

It stinks so much that you feel like you can get cancer while walking through the corridor! Every room that we’ve seen on both floors was labeled as non-smoking room, but corridors still smell terribly. We’ve put a towel under the door to prevent smell from coming to our room, but our non-smoking room has already absorbed so much of this smell that every piece of furniture stinks! You cannot ventilate the room, because windows DO NOT OPEN! Conditioners installed in every room take air from the same room (not from outside) so the smell does not go away.
We are going to leave for another hotel since it is not possible to sleep here.

Room Tip: If you ever decide to stay at Motel 6, check the hotel and room before you pay for it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John-the-traveler-13
Reviewed 17 October 2012

After not being able to get a room and LaQuinta we went to Motel 6 next door.
We checked in and we check out with in 15 mintues. The roomsf were disguesting dirty smelled of smoke in and outside of the room, it reeked. There was a used soap in the bathroom. Seat was stained and the bed looked liked homeless people slept in it. We checked out right away and got our money back.
Do not go their.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JCam001
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I love using the hotel/motel discount coupons when in the States. My coupon for this hotel was $39.95 instead of the regular price of $44.95. Like McDonald's, you know what to expect when you head to a Motel 6.
This one was a great surprise...in a good way! Big clean rooms. The woman on the front desk was very friendly. A few minutes after I got to my room she called to make sure I was happy with the room. Are you kidding me, it is a super room.

All that said...the mattress is a little thin and there were no rooms avail with a fridge...but she did put my frozen bottles of water in the hotel freezer to make them solid again which is great.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business