“Good clean comfortable stay”

La Quinta Inn Moline Airport
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Chicago, Illinois
“Good clean comfortable stay”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Check-in folks were very friendly. I checked in at 1:30pm without any problem. They found me a room that was just cleaned. I asked for a quiet room away from elevators and other noise and got one.

Room was clean and very comfortable bed. Flat screen TV with good variety of channels. Only one thing I would recommend they change: the bath towels were kinda thin. New towels would make the stay much better.

Justa an FYI: be careful where you park your car. The hotel has free parking BUT parking on the side of the building by the pool and Montana Jack's restaurant will get your car towed! All the parking spots by the restaurant are for restaurant customers only. Front desk staff dont tell you this and could be a problem. There are signs all around that warn you not to park there. Just an FYI.

If you want a very quiet room, ask for a room with an "odd" number. These rooms face away from the pool. "Even" number rooms face the pool. Lots of kids and families in the pool making noise until 10pm. Not a big problem for me but might be for some.

Great stay overall!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stayed at this pet friendly hotel for 3 nights with our beagle, and slept okay, but the occasional black bugs crawling over the floor (and disappearing into the bathroom walls) had us creeped out.
Luckily it was cheap, staff was friendly, and Internet worked reasonably fast.
The pool was right outside our window so there were loud kids early in the morning and later at night, keeping us awake. Beds are average at best.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 April 2010

No fridge, no microwave. The room was nice and clean, the bathrooms spacious. The towels are like paper and the bath was slow to drain but everything was clean and worked. a basic stay for a basic rate. Nothing special but they pick up at the airport and take care of any issue like noisy neighbors quickly. Not bad for a quick cheap stay, but not for any long term stay.

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2010

Stayed one night with a "Stay & Go" package in order to fly out of airport early next morning. The room was clean, comfortable, and nice. The staff was exceptionally friendly and concerned about our comfort. We did not eat breakfast as it was too early to eat, but the food was ready for us, if we wanted. The shuttle to airport was on time and it only took moments to pick us up when we returned. We will definitely use this motel again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
CT
Reviewed 3 August 2008

La Quinta is a great place to stay on a budget. It is close to the airport for those that need to catch a flight and close to the interstate for those on the rode. The rooms are large and the beds very comfy. Breakfast in the morning was step up from other budget type hotels. The decor was the same. The restaurant next door on the same lot is fantastic. Book a room and have a comfy stay.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 28 October 2007

A few of us stayed in the La Quinta after it was the only hotel to take our bid in the area. Only smoking rooms available but a few smelled ok. They let us "smell check" a few rooms. Left windows open and the roomed smelled of grilled food from the nearby bar&grill. Standard hotel with standard amenities. The free continental breakfast is ok with a waffle bar and prepackaged foods like muffins and yogurt. They have free wireless internet which is nice and appears to work well.

Overall the staff was very friendly and the stay was quite worth the great price accepted on Priceline. It was clean and relatively up-to-date accomodations, even though the shower head only was only 5 foot tall. Good thing my bad back was feeling better or I wouldn't be able to wash my hair.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 16 September 2007

Came to La Quinta for a FLW Walleye fishing tournament. We arrived late on 9/10/07. The front desk this night was very helpful.
Our first room was on the second floor as no first floor were available. We walked into the room to find the bathroom sink full of some type of back up materials as well as on the floor below the sink. The front desk then switched us to another room on the second floor. This room was adequate however a huge stain on the ceiling as well as the window drapes hurt the overall opinion of this room. The next morning we requested a first floor rooom as we were going to be at this motel till Sat. 9/15/07.

The third room we were in was average again. I am not being hard on this motel as we stay in motels for the price when we are on the road fishing these events.

Previous reviews stated that the breakfast offered was a very good on because of the two waffle makers. I will list the offerings and let you decide. Juice, milk, coffee, prepackaged muffins, prepackaged bagels, two types of cereal, oatmeal two days out of the five you could put in the microwave, and bread for the toaster. I have had better. Hours for breakfast are from 5am to 9am. Don't sleep in. That was good for us as we were leaving in the morning by 5:30am

Day three (second full day in this room). Our room had not been cleaned. When I went to the front dest I was told ask house keeping why the room was not made up. The front desk person refused to do it for me. I then find out they were done for the day.
We were in our room for three days until our room was cleaned by house keeping. I never did get an answer why they didn't clean the room.

A final concern for this motel. My mattress on the first room didn't have a mattress cover on it. Why! On our final room (131) had a mattresswith an open side and the springs were exposed. I ddidn't notice the first night because I was not getting in and out oon that side.

Ok, my experience was below average at best. This motel in on its decline. Many other items are starting to need attention. around the motel. At the price I paid it was not a bargin but not bad. Don't let the motel charge you more for the weekend. I ended up paying the same price for every night when I booked it on line. I even called the motel direct. Booking it on line was the way to go.

If I were to go back to this same area I would not stay in this motel. Do your research and locate another. There are at least 5 other chain motels within a mile of this one.

On a side note any fishermen or persons with a trailer be advised this motel does not have adequate parking for a trailer unless you unhook it like we did every night.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The lack of follow through in cleaning our room and the condition of the facility.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends