“Best Prime Rib I Have Ever Had”

Cerar's Barnstormer
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Monmouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I live about an hour from here. If I want a steak, this is where I go. Been here maybe a dozen times over the years and have not had one bad experience. If you can get them to fix the Bananas Foster for dessert, it is out of this world.

3  Thank Greg P

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

This place is a Monmouth institution. I highly recommend the steaks and pecan chicken. Not a great spot for children but they do have a kids menu. The only menu I would avoid is the sweet potato casserole. It is bland. The creme brulee is delicious as well as the crab cakes. I highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Olson55
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The food was excellent, the service was great! I visit Galesburg, IL once a year and always make it a point to drive to Cerar's Barnstormer for dinner at least once during my stay. The food is very well prepared and the staff very courteous and efficient. I highly recommend this restaurant!

2  Thank George P
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

If you are in this area you have to stop here. The twice baked potato was one of the best I have had. The steak was done just the way I like it and you could cut it with a butter knife.

2  Thank ttorchia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is our very favorite restaurant of all time. The food is excellent and the service is top notch. We have been here over time. Our all time favorite is New York Strip Steak and Filet Mignon, our next favorite is the whole catfish dinner. Though you can not go wrong with anything on the menu. I usually start with a Margarita that is perfection. The atmosphere is lovely. We will return again and again as long as Kevin Cerar keeps the restaurant on this level of quality.

3  Thank dissatisfied2850