“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morris
Wisconsin
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

Excellent hotel, quite, great shape, wonderful staff. Stayed there over a month and never had any kind of an issue. Great rooms, very comfortable mattress's. Staff was very helpful. Just an all round great place to stay. I plan to stay there next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank CathyYost

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2010

Hotel is new. Rooms are beautiful. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Breakfasts are great. Exercise room has spinner, treadmills and a limited universal. Small pool, big hot tub on the far end of the hall from the exercise room. No fridge in room and one microwave per floor. Otherwise fantastic.

Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank KingChuck
US
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

I stayed at this hotel in the summer of 2009. Morris has, unfortunately, several very dated motels on this exit. The Holiday Inn stands out because it looks new. However, the walls in my room were very thin. I could hear normal conversations and nearby TVs. I got very little sleep. The desk stafff offered no solutions when I complained. I wrote to the parent company afterward, but never received any contact from the hotel. This hotel was pricey for its catagory and location, but lacked quality and responsive service. I travel through the area regularly - but will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Revstay01
pilthie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Morris, responded to this review, 4 February 2010
I very sorry that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction and that we fell short in resolving the issues. We are a new hotel and I appreciate the feedback on the construction of the building and will pass that information on to the management comapany. If you would like to contact me personally we can discuss the situation further. Thanks again for your comments. I can be reached at the hotel number on this site.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

Very clean, front desk was very friendly and helpful. Room was very large and nicely decorated. Breakfast was fair.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boomer21848
pilthie, General Manaager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Morris, responded to this review, 11 August 2009
Thank you for your recommendation and positive feedback. We are very glad you stayed with us!
Central IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

We travel to Morris with our family along with other families each year for our daughter's basketball tourney. Last year we stayed at the boring and cheap Days Inn just down the road. One of our friends stayed at this Holiday Inn last year just after it opened, and was thrilled with it. That is why we chose the Holiday Inn for our return trip this year. I have to say I was thoroughly pleased! This is one clean hotel, the beds are comfy, and the breakfast is delicious! The only complaint I would have is the breakfast ends at 9 am, which is a bit too early. I would recommend to the HI management that they consider extending the breakfast time to 9:30 or 10 am - especially on weekends, when people like to sleep in longer. We had a very smooth check-in, and they were very polite. We had few problems with noise, and our room was located just across the hall from the elevator.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank CentralLTraveler
pilthie, General Manaager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Morris, responded to this review, 30 June 2009
I am so pleased you had a great stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are working hard to meet the needs and provide great service for families like yours. I always appreciate feedback on how we can improve so I will speak with the management company regarding your comments on our breakfast bar hours. We certainly look forward to having you return. Please feel free to give me a call if you ever have any questions or issues. Thanks again for letting us provide your family with lodging.
Decatur IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

We made reservations with the hotel direct, were told at the time we were "lucky" to be getting the last room available. After talking to several others in our group, who were traveling to the same destination and hearing they had been told the same thing by the reservationist they spoke to, we decided to arrive at the hotel early. The woman at the front desk had to be the rudist person I have ever encountered in the hospitality industry. After one conversation with her I opted to not check in. She informed me "Hey, you just did me a favor, we are overbooked anyway" . I know others in our group arrived to find their reservation was not honored for the room type they were guaranteed. One family of four was put in a room with one king bed. After calling the 800 number Holiday Inn informed me that each property was free to make their own policies in reguards to payment and room issuance. They would only get involved if there was a "quality control issue". I asked if the attitude of the hotel manager was considered such an issue and was told "no". Obviously HI does not guarantee a standard of expectation from one property to another. As I was leaving the woman at the desk shouted after me "Good luck finding another room.. you'll need it". Well, just for the record, I drove directly to another property 20 miles away, paid considerably less for a suite, fridge and micro included. The staff was friendly, the hotel clean, comfortable and exceeded my expectations. I will be returning to the same venue in just a few weeks, guess who will be getting my business... not that the manager of the Morris Holiday Inn cares.

• Liked — leaving
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
4 Thank nytefyre
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2008

First off- reservations.... When I called to book the reservation the woman on the other line was the rudest person I had ever spoken to be in the hospitality indusrty. She was very quick to get snappy with me and just wanted to get off the phone, being someone who does not make hotel reservations very often I had expected a helpful personality at the other end and all I found was ignorance.

Secondly- When I first walked in kind of late at night to check inj I had tro wait for at least 15-20 minutes for the desk clerk to even make an appearence.Also I had the worst night sleep I have ever had. There was a itchy scratchy mattress pad on the bed that kept me up all night, also my alarm clock did not work and the person at the desk didnt hav any soultion for me like a new alrm clock or changing rooms or anything of that sort.

Then on the morning of checkout my bill was incorrect at check in I asked for AARP and no change had been made at all even tho the clerk said that it would be applied..........She had a very I dont care attitude. And to top things off I missed breakfast......my main reason in staying with HI Express and no one wanted to even offer me anything as a consellation. I will never stay at the hotel again nor recommend it for anyone else who is heading throough or towards morris!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — location of the hotel
  • Disliked — everything was a disaster from the begining
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sugamama14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morris
Quality Inn
Harrah's Joliet
Harrah's Joliet
#4 of 22 in Joliet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,496 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Morris? Share your experiences!