“Its OK”

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had a terrible experience. Booked through priceline and woke up to Ants on the face and toenails by the bed.
The manager :Nick refused a refund to Priceline. Tried to work it out with priceline and today received an email after review that reads:

We contacted the hotel, spoke with Nick (Manager) and addressed your
concern. The hotel has informed that your reservation with confirmation
number 74530322 was indeed considered a "no-show". The hotel has
apologized for the inconvenience caused. However, the hotel is not
willing to offer any refund or compensation, so we are unable to process
a refund.

I guess this was the easy way out for Nick and Super8 to give a refund. Just call it a No Show! Unbelievable. When I called to speak with Nick, the front desk asked who I was and what it was about and I could hear "Nick" in the background while the clerk told me he was not available to speak to me and to call back another day! WOW

Too bad Morris IL does not have a Marriott!

Room Tip: Check the floor for cleanliness and ants crawling around.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DannaCrawford
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My girlfriend and I decided it would be nice to have a night away from reality and chose this hotel based on the price. We reserved a queen room and ended up in a full. (Room 106) We choose not to address this issue considering how booked the motel was. The motel staff were nice but kind of offered overbearing customer service. I had to run out to Walmart at 11:30 at night and they were there in their PJs sitting around and conversing. The room was dirty. As soon as I got to the room, I pulled back the sheets (out of habit) only to find hair and smeared cigarette ashes on the sheets. We asked for new sheets and they were delivered. The decor was 70s decor and terrible outdated. The grout by the tub was disgusting and peeling up from the floor and tub. The shower also made a rumbling noise when I turned it on. The paint in the room was peeling from the walls in areas. There weren't any convenient outlets and the one outlet that was empty was loose so our plug kept falling out of it. The slamming of doors around 6 in the morning were terrible. It continued for thirty minutes or so. We were also next to the mechanical room and the noise from that room was HORRIBLE at times. I unfortunately was to upset about the door slamming that continued to wake me and my wife up all morning that I didn't even want to try breakfast and left 3 hours before checkout. Also, before I forget, I froze and roasted all night because I would wake up, turn the heat on, and fall asleep with it on. I would then wake up and turn the fan on only to wake up an hr later freezing. Digital HVAC would be a nice investment for this motel.

I would say spend the extra $15 or $20 and go to the Economy Inn less than 2 miles away.

Pros: Customer Service, Comfortable Mattress, and well.... Not much of anything else
Cons: Dirty Room, Outdated, Loudness of outside noises as well as inside

Room Tip: Don't... Just don't.... Spend a few more dollars and get a better experience somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emmy J
Reviewed 3 February 2014

One week the room rate is 58.99 the next week they want 72.00 for a room that you can't deadbolt the door because its broken. Needless to say I walked out and will not be going back to that motel again.

• Stayed: January 2014